Do you consider your religion's rules to apply to your online behavior here?

Author: Castin

Total: 43
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I'm curious. I mean, we're just typing a bunch of words on a screen. It's not the same as your real life actions. Or talking to someone face to face.

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Castin
Even words on a screen can affect people's feelings castin.
Castin
Castin
-->
@janesix
That's true, and I agree. But I see a lot of eye rolling directed at "hurt feelings because of words on screens". And this general attitude that what is said in text online lacks realness or legitimacy.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Castin
A good question. I think I do try to stay pretty darned close to my religion's rules, regardless of the mode of communication. 
Plisken
Plisken
It's not something I can put asside. Even though it's a different kind of communication, where you just put a statement out and people make of it what they will, I'm still willing to consider whether I speak appropriately, with a general conveyance of respect towards other people.  This being in writing, there's plenty of opportunity to consider your priorities before putting a statement forward, whether it's indicative of some position you hold or maybe presenting to see how it holds.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Castin
That is because it shows the general attitude that a lot people have in the first place. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch

My religion isn't about anyone's feeling but the gods. Why does anyone here think they would matter enough to effect my religious practice. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Castin
Do you consider your religion's rules to apply to your online behavior here?
I would have to say yes.

Castin
Castin
My religion isn't about anyone's feeling but the gods. Why does anyone here think they would matter enough to effect my religious practice. 
I don't.

Is caring for the feelings of others among the feelings your gods have? Or are they indifferent to the way others feel?

Castin
Castin
-->
@Plisken
@rosends
Thanks for your answers, guys. So do you think it's possible to commit sin in online posts?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
One can certainly tell lies, if that counts.

Is being impolite actually a sin?  

Matt 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother [without a cause] shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca , shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 

I'd say many posters in DA are in serious danger of hell fire - on multiple counts.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
My religion isn't about anyone's feeling but the gods.

Who are your "gods"? Where do they exist? Where do they originate from?

Why does anyone here think they would matter enough to effect my religious practice. 

Why are you so convinced anyone wants to even consider or even be concerned about your "religious practice"? 

janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
Some of us are interested in other's religions and their practices. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
The Pagan philosophy in my subset of Paganism is that rules are sacred but if people are breaking them you should either 'break' those people's ability and spirit to break the rules or you should join in the breaking of the rules.

I am solid in this so far on this site from start to now so yeah, I carry myself just fine as a Pagan on this site. I have yet to meet a Pagan on like the entire Internet who isn't very rational about how they interpret rules and understand that some were made to be held sacred, some to be followed despite their stupidity and others to be broken. Context is everything to a Pagan, we worship situations; that's basically the core idea behind all Pagan subsets. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
Some of us are interested in other's religions and their practices. 
Indeed they are, me included. But I don't consider myself to "matter enough" to  "effect the religious practice" of poly Witch.

I hope that has cleared that up.

This is what she wrote:
-> @Polytheist-Witch wrote: Why does anyone here think they would matter enough to effect my religious practice. 

Do you understand my point now , jane?
rosends
rosends
-->
@Castin
So do you think it's possible to commit sin in online posts?
absolutely. The many laws in Judaism regarding speech still apply, as do other laws about writing.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@rosends
Man made laws. Who says they are right.
rosends
rosends
-->
@disgusted
If you start with that then you end with that. I start elsewhere so I end elsewhere.
Castin
Castin
-->
@rosends
If you start with that then you end with that. I start elsewhere so I end elsewhere.
Succinct, my friend.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Castin
Meaningless even if succinct.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
You know jack shit about pagan practice you lying pig. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
And yet you can't stop asking question you moron. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@disgusted
Meaningless even if succinct.
Why was it meaningless?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
Since you're responding on this thread, I wonder if you're reading Poly's posts and whether or not something is being done about this person considering the fact others have been banned for less than that behavior but Poly seems to be immune to moderation? Thoughts?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
I see her posts, Gold. Trust me. 😔 But they seem to be rarely reported. People have been complaining pretty intensely about the mods over-moderating and sticking their noses into business no one asked them to interfere with, so I'm not surprised they haven't come down hard on posts no one reported. They'd probably get flak for it.

And keep in mind I don't have any authority over Poly. I only have jurisdiction over members or cases the mods recuse themselves from. Otherwise, I'm basically just another member. And I prefer it that way tbh. I don't want, and imo should not have, power over anyone I have not been called to moderate.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
And yet you can't stop asking question you moron. 

I think you mean  " question___s  plural? -Witch

You are taking your time answering . Why is that? It seems to me that, like most silly theist, you have painted yourself into a corner. BUT, I may be wrong , so let us try again. 

Added: 11.30.18 07:23AM 
--> @Polytheist-Witch

The god Wodan/Odin was the god of Yule

Where does "Wodan/Odin" exist ?

Holle in the German tradition shares the lead of the Hunt and the Yule celebration. 

Who is "Holle" and where does Holle exist?

The floor is all yours me'lady.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
At least you finally admit you are an atheist. Lying pig scum
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
At least you finally admit you are an atheist. Lying pig scum.

I don;t know how I would be pigeonhole, Witch. But I do believe these beings - "lords" / gods existed. So I would say that actually makes me a theist. What say you? and please answer my questions that sprang from your own statement>>

The god Wodan/Odin was the god of Yule
Where does "Wodan/Odin" exist ?

Holle in the German tradition shares the lead of the Hunt and the Yule celebration. 

Who is "Holle" and where does Holle exist?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Castin
Without his book he has no start.
Castin
Castin
-->
@disgusted
Without his book he has no start.
But he does have his book. And for him there's a sticker on it that says "start here". It sounded to me like he was just saying you and he begin from different premises.