Surprise, Surprise, The King is Back!

Author: SamStevens

Total: 10
SamStevens
Debates: 0
SamStevens

I have Conor winning this, although Khabib is very dangerous if he takes you down and in a fight, anything could happen. 

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@SamStevens
How very exciting.
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Zeichen
How so?

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Zeichen
Exciting to be one of the biggest UFC fights ever. I'd never pay for it though.

7 days later

Mister_Man
Mister_Man
I unfortunately have Kabib winning this, as much as I love Conor and would love to see him make an epic return by defeating Kabib who's fuckin 26-0, I can't see Conor knocking him out and that would be the only way he could win. Kabib will land significantly more blows and his wrestling is superior to Conor.

Super excited though, going to be the fight of the century :D
SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Mister_Man
A very real possibility is that Khabib scores take downs and mauls Conor on the ground. After that happens, Conor's arms will be fatigued and drained from fighting off a very good wrestler(assuming he survives to the next round), causing his shots to have less power and precision. Khabib has gone up against good strikers such as Edson Barboza, so Khabib has a good chance of simply taking Conor down and beating him up.

I love Conor too and it would be very cool to see him win. Either way, this fight settles the debate of either fighter's legitimacy. If Conor wins, all the smack talk about him not being able to compete against a good wrestler will go away. If Khabib wins, people will have to recognize that, despite his bad stand up, he is able to survive the shots thrown by elite strikers and finish them. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SamStevens
Well we've all been waiting for the king it's about time lol, this would be one of the more difficult decisions I've had to make in a mma battle but I want to say Conor, but then I believe Khabib might gain the edge it just depends. I think everything has already been said.....Conor a great stand-up guy and Khabib obviously stamina, animal instincts and a bad azz ground game. Pretty straight forward I think it just comes down to who do you like better as a fighter, their style and I like Conor's style a bit better.
But I would like to mention the difference in the Conor that came into the UFC and the style he now utilizes. I thought Conor had a more dynamic stand-up game in his first handful of fights, awesome angles, looping hooks and beautiful uppercuts like in his first bout against Brimage. Now he seems to have settled into a more limited striking style, just a straight left down the middle and a few counters. It seemed he had better movement before this newer approach. Could be just me but look at the earlier fights and then the later ones, he still wins but I don't know why he abandoned his original striking angles. WTH happened to those beautiful hooks and looping counter punches?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SamStevens
What did you think about Johnson finally loosing his belt, and Garbrandt losing to Dillashaw twice? I enjoyed seeing Johnson finally lose but even though I was going with Dillashaw the first time I was with Cody the second time, seemed like he really wanted it.
SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@EtrnlVw
I think it was good for the division that Johnson lost his belt. I mean, as some people have put it, it allows for the creation of new story lines. Johnson should have stepped up his game. He wanted to throw leg kicks, but obviously didn't condition his legs right since his legs were swollen as hell after the fight. 

I'm glad the Dillashaw Garbrandt drama is over. Cody came up short in both fights and now team alpha male is in a tough position... their prized pony(Cody) failed twice and they are having issues with coaches leaving, etc. Hopefully, Dillashaw picks up where he left off and has a successful title reign. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SamStevens
Johnson should have stepped up his game.

Is it just me, or did you think Cejudo actually WON that fight? I think he earned what he earned, but Johnson lit him up pretty good. The only thing Cejudo did that was barely significant was get Johnson off his feet. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of new story line, but I think Johnson could come back and easily beat him so I'd like to see someone really take it to Johnson. 

their prized pony(Cody) failed twice and they are having issues with coaches leaving, etc. Hopefully, Dillashaw picks up where he left off and has a successful title reign. 

Ya know, I think Dillashaw beat him worse the second time. I like his style better but the guy is kind of weird really, but his distance and range is pretty much unmatched in that division TBH. I thought Cody might win by heart, perhaps that was due to good advertisement but I wish Dillashaw good luck. He is definitely one of my fav strikers. 
Hey, I almost threw up when I heard Liddell was coming back...whatcha think?