On mental health

Author: Tejretics

Total: 69
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@SamStevens
And that's only the beginning of it. They will see stupidity in the genius and will completely underprepare for the masterplan.

It's alright though, I see it as a selfless act to bring laughter to my enemies even if I'm the thing they laugh at while looking down at me. It's a blessing to be this able to bring joy to those I undeniably am better than and able to outsmart as and when needed.

The ordinary feel such contentment and hilarity at the idea that those who are weird are EITHER superior or inferior to them, they simply conclude all freaks are on the lower end of the spectrum. It's not as sad as beautiful, since this very arrogance keeps the ordinary at bay for the likes of me to conquer and outdo. non-slowed and unhindered in any other sense than the bullying. From the Einsteins to the Mozarts to the Eminems all the way through to the extremes on one end of Gandhi and other end of Khan, the freaks will be the best and worst in history while you background characters get your kicks from laughing down at us... Ironically bittersweet.
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
I do not care what you think I act like
Yes, we all know that only too well.

I'm so respectful to those who treat me with respect
That's not even remotely true, another delusion on your part, one of many.

You know you are a sadistic bully who tears at eccentric users until they crack
Like others here, I attempted to talk reason with you, but you would have none of that and proceeded to freak out whenever your assertions were refuted with facts and evidence, the Flat Earth thread being a prime example. You "crack" under your own volition and for no sane reason at all. You have made this amply evidence throughout this entire forum wherever and whenever you post.

I'm the only user you ever met probably on any website who annihilated you
Probably one of your most severe delusions caused by the Dunning-Kruger effect of which you are a classic text book case.

You are a whiny little b**** who can't take it that people like me feel zero stigma or shame for being the freaks we are. 
Yet, you are blocking me, so that would make you the wlb. And it is the "Freaks" you are that cause sane people to run for the hills when they check this place out and read your posts.

I rock my weirdness like a king ...
Surely, there is a forum for the insane somewhere where you can be that king, it's not here though.
SamStevens
SamStevens
Spin your weirdness however you'd like, compare yourself to the Einsteins and the Eminems, it didn't stop you from making an absolute ass out of yourself in the hangout and elsewhere. 

Since you see it as a selfless act to bring laughter to us, hop in a hangout sometime and show off those noodle arms of yours ;) 

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@SamStevens
There is a clear distinction between him and the Eminems and Einsteins. The one of the latter two changed the world because he had his god damn priorities straight and the other was actually talented. RM's autistic dreams include being a mod of site consisting a regular userbase of 20-30 people, which is especially delusional considering the relationship between the top mods.

Oh yeah, he wants a book to be published about him to. Let us all enthrall in an awe-inspiring story about how RM squashed the nefarious KingLaddy by doxxing him. What a tough cookie we have here. What an erotic arbiter of justice.

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
Notice how everyone who doesn't like RM is some sort of evil dragon that needs to be slain.
Goldtop
Goldtop
From the Einsteins to the Mozarts
Einstein came up with General Relativity, a precise explanation of how gravity works.

You, on the other hand, are a Flat Earther who doesn't believe in (or understand) gravity, and when pressed for an explanation, you run away screaming fanatically that you're being bullied.

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@KingLaddy01
he wants a book to be published about him to.
I think one already has been published about him:

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@SamStevens
I imagined something more like this, but with a different premise.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
I do nothing you say I do when pressed. Density and falling down through less dense things requires zero extra phenomenon, like gravity, at all.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@SamStevens
B**ch you're the p**sy who hides your face while turning the cam on to encourage others. You called yourself a burn victim trying to convince others that was your face and to Con them into showing their face.
SamStevens
SamStevens
Bitch you're the pussy who hides your face while turning the cam on to encourage others. You called yourself a fucking burn victim trying to convince others that was your face and to Con them into showing their face.

Bennett and Cody saw my face in a hangout, just ask them lol.

Now hop in a hangout and show us those arms and that pencil neck ;)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@SamStevens
Why should I ask them, why not show me?
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@SamStevens
This is his lifting routine 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
@kingladdy

Same thing with your brain and its IQ eh?
Goldtop
Goldtop
Density and falling down through less dense wings requires zero extra phenomenon, like gravity, at all.
That answer clearly shows why you are no Einstein, even high school students understand this.

Density requires pressure. That pressure comes from gravity.

Something cannot "fall down" without gravity.

Your knowledge and understanding of the world around you is abysmal.

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
Nice boilerplate insult lol. 

SamStevens
SamStevens
Why should I ask them, why not show me?
Why ask them? Because it shows that you are wrong about me not going without the mask and that you talk out of your ass.

Also, it's kinda hard to show you when you run like a little girl from the hangouts when I join. Remember when you dropped an insult in the chat and ditched right as I joined? Classic lol 

But don't let my face be the topic of discussion. You said it was a selfless act for you to make us laugh, so the next time you decide to rear your head in the hangouts, make us laugh by turning on your cam so we can see what you are working with ;)

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@SamStevens
make us laugh by turning on your cam so we can see what you are working with ;)
Now, now. Some of us are sensitive, Sammy, and want to keep our pants dry. 

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@KingLaddy01
Hopefully, his looks have improved since that weird video he took. If they have, we may be in for a treat ;)

I might just lose it if he decides to try his hand as a cam girl. 

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@SamStevens
I might just lose it if he decides to try his hand as a cam girl. 
He'll make everyone try their hand iykwim.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Tejretics
When this subject comes up, I am reminded of past experiences on DDO.

On DDO, people diagnosing others with mental illness was a way to try to take an upper hand in a dispute that had likely gone too far in the first place.  This was something that certain people, namely the most mentally unstable (tulle, a/k/a lamerde) attempted to engage in as a way to compensate for the fact that she was the intellectual inferior to most on the site.  That said, despite the fact that she held herself out has having some measure of psychological expertise, her conclusions were as unethical as they were inaccurate.  Of course I, too, partook in that activity when I was a bit younger and more prone towards sanctimony, and by no means is my criticism of tulle/lamerde meant to exclude myself from historical engagement in that particular type of mischief.  It certainly is not.  On all counts it would be inaccurate to say that anything of that sort was "good" for the site, the conversations (read: heated disagreements) we were having, or anything else.  

But on the other hand, insofar as no one here (except maybe myself and a few other people, who I'm sure know who they are) have anything resembling expertise in the field of psychology or psychiatry.  Further, of those who do have some expertise, it's not from having been a shrink so much as it is from having had to utilize principals from psychology in our jobs to accomplish specific tasks.  This may give some the ability to navigate some of the more nuanced complexities of human interaction, but little more.  In this way, even a "diagnosis" from the most sophisticated person here can easily be written off as "banter" at worst.  So, there isn't much harm in allowing this species of mischief to go on so long as proper context is provided -- as it obviously will be ("you're not a shrink!"), for the obvious reasons ("and therefore you don't know what you're talking about! blah blah blah!").

Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
It depends on whether or not we want to be treated like children or adults. This would allow folks like Poly to go back to her original format of doing nothing more than attacking people, but then if we got rid of the crazy people, that would no longer be a problem and the rest of the adults here could carry on. Any sane people that wanted to join up would see everyone is being treated like adults and the nutters get banned, which will help this forum prosper and grow.
You're absolutely right, folks like that would. That would be the kind of tradeoff a community would have to be prepared to accept if it permitted personal attacks. You'd see an environment that would become a bit more like DDO.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
The baseline of expectation across all forums and so called "online communities" is that members are adults and capable of conducting themselves as such, because that sets the tone for the expected level of behavior in the "community".  If, on the other hand, any "community" over-moderates, or moderates in a way that is demeaning, unprofessional, passive aggressive, or which does not treat the user base with at least a level of respect consistent with what is reasonably expectable in any country, moderation will not only lose legitimacy and community respect but the level of misconduct will consistently rise. 

On the other hand, what I've described above is little more than an "ideal" moderator scenario, rather than a "typical" mod scenario.  The average moderator of any "online community" is an unpaid, unexperienced, unprofessional individual between the ages of about 16 and 22, and such a person is going to lack enough emotional and psychological maturity to even be able to act like an adult himself or herself.  The implication will be a lot of childish back-and-forth, and a high mod turnover because eventually the "community" resistance will become more emotionally taxing than the mod is willing to incur -- and for very understandable reasons.  Modding is a thankless job in the best case.  

Having not substantively interacted with any of the mods in this specific context, I have no opinions about their professionalism or lack of it.  Human nature is a hard thing to fight... and they will set the tone that determines the site's success or failure.  Even still, it is alarming as a fairly non-engaged member to see so many, so frequent, and and so personal beefs with seemingly all of the mods (except tej... who... is he a mod?) from numerous people basically since I've decided to participate here.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
I know more about physics than you. You're preaching nonsense you read on a Wiki page or NASA document. There is no pressure involved with gravity. Pressure does affect density though.
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@coal
I'm not proposing moderator action against this sort of thing.

I'm just saying people in the community should refrain from doing it.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
Exactly, but very much like here, ddo did not get rid of the crazies, who did irreparable damage to several forums, whereupon the sane people left in droves. So, it wasn't really the lack of moderating the attacks and insults, the adults there could handle that, it was allowing the crazies to sign up and run amok.
Goldtop
Goldtop
There is no pressure involved with gravity. Pressure does affect density though.
Then, what causes the pressure?

Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
-->
@coal
The baseline of expectation across all forums and so called "online communities" is that members are adults and capable of conducting themselves as such, because that sets the tone for the expected level of behavior in the "community".  If, on the other hand, any "community" over-moderates, or moderates in a way that is demeaning, unprofessional, passive aggressive, or which does not treat the user base with at least a level of respect consistent with what is reasonably expectable in any country, moderation will not only lose legitimacy and community respect but the level of misconduct will consistently rise. 

On the other hand, what I've described above is little more than an "ideal" moderator scenario, rather than a "typical" mod scenario.  The average moderator of any "online community" is an unpaid, unexperienced, unprofessional individual between the ages of about 16 and 22, and such a person is going to lack enough emotional and psychological maturity to even be able to act like an adult himself or herself.  The implication will be a lot of childish back-and-forth, and a high mod turnover because eventually the "community" resistance will become more emotionally taxing than the mod is willing to incur -- and for very understandable reasons.  Modding is a thankless job in the best case.  
This is all reasonably valid and fairly insightful.

Bolded part is what I personally have witnessed taking place in this community. 

The problem, as described by other members (and agreed to myself) is that a lot of the same drama which caused DDO to collapse was effectively imported to this website when a large volume of former DDO users came here (and some of them became moderators). "The Community" is composed of mostly people who see this as the place to chit-chat with other former DDO users, but aren't actually here for any interest in serious debates.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
That is like asking what causes gravity, you would need to be a God or some demigod with inside information on reality to answer why pressure acts where and when it acts.
Goldtop
Goldtop
you would need to be a God or some demigod with inside information on reality to answer
Thank you, RM, for confirming the following statement to be false.

I know more about physics than you.