Which is t?

Author: Stephen

Total: 11
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
I have lost count of how may times I have been told by  Chaplains, Pastors and Priests and believers in general that god doesn't change his mind nor does he contradict himself.

So maybe the Christians here can straighten out for me  some of the backpaddling and flip flopping in these verses. 

Jeremiah 17:4 Through your own fault you will lose    the inheritance I gave you. I will enslave you to your enemies  in a land you do not know, for you have kindled my anger, and it will burn forever.”

Micah 7:18  Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever
 but delight to show mercy.

What happens to those that see gods face?

Exodus 33:20   But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

Exodus 24:9-10  Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel.

Genesis 12:7   The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring[ I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.

Genesis 32: 30 So Jacob called the place Peniel,  saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

Exodus 33:11-23 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

FLRW
FLRW

How come we don't see God in a burning bush anymore?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
I don't know FLRW.

I am still waiting for explanations to my OP/
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Exodus 33:20   But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
This verse specifically is talking about how no one can see the full display of Gods glory, which is light inaccessible and would be insufferable to mortal eyes. 
In other words, no mortal being can see the fullness on an infinite being, because the mortal being is not infinite, and would die, from the overwhelming Glory. 

Exodus 24:9-10  Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel.
Context:
Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.
The Lord said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain and stay here, and I will give you the tablets of stone with the law and commandments I have written for their instruction.”
Then Moses set out with Joshua his aide, and Moses went up on the mountain of God. He said to the elders, “Wait here for us until we come back to you. Aaron and Hur are with you, and anyone involved in a dispute can go to them.”
When Moses went up on the mountain, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord settled on Mount Sinai.
In this specific example, the Lord allowed Moses to be in his presence. The Lord can do anything, and (I am no scholar), but I assume God separated the veil of man and God, for this specific example, as he does in the Bible later. 

Genesis 12:7   The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring[ I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.
The Lord can appear to you, without you physically seeing him. 

Genesis 32: 30 So Jacob called the place Peniel,  saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
Showing the Grace of God. 

Exodus 33:11-23 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.
Context is that the tabernacle is where the presence of God was, and God only allowed those who were without sin, or sacrificed lambs for all of their sins could enter. 

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
Talking about how no one has ever seen the infinite complexity of God, because we are finite, and God is infinite. 

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Again, infinite God, finite beings.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Exodus 33:20   But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
This verse specifically is talking about how no one can see the full display of Gods glory,
I see. And the bible actually states this doe it? Or are you simply attempting to rewrite scripture?

Exodus 24:9-10  Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel.
Context:
Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.
The Lord said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain and stay here, and I will give you the tablets of stone with the law and commandments I have written for their instruction.”
Then Moses set out with Joshua his aide, and Moses went up on the mountain of God. He said to the elders, “Wait here for us until we come back to you. Aaron and Hur are with you, and anyone involved in a dispute can go to them.”
When Moses went up on the mountain, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord settled on Mount Sinai.
In this specific example, the Lord allowed Moses to be in his presence. The Lord can do anything, and (I am no scholar), but I assume God separated the veil of man and God, for this specific example, as he does in the Bible later. 
Well that is not what the bible states is it. It clearly says they all "saw god" and had a meal and a drink with him.

The Lord can appear to you, without you physically seeing him. 
Well again, the bible doesn't say that does it?  If it was in another form, don't you think the scriptures would have made that clear as he was supposed to have done with Moses at their first meeting?  And of course there is the meeting with Abraham where god had his feet washed and sat and ate and drank with him too.
Genesis 18:2-12

Genesis 32: 30 So Jacob called the place Peniel,  saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
Showing the Grace of God. 
That maybe so. But Jacob tells us that he "saw the face of god" . Not to mention that he had physically wrestled with him and won.

Exodus 33:11-23 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.
Context is that the tabernacle is where the presence of God was, and God only allowed those who were without sin, or sacrificed lambs for all of their sins could enter. 
Oh please, stop it! read the bold underlined, it clearly says : the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.

Talking about how no one has ever seen the infinite complexity of God, because we are finite, and God is infinite. 
 Again, you are reading something that simply isn't there.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Again, infinite God, finite beings.
Stop trying to rewrite scripture. It a very bad habit you lot have when trying to defend the indefensible.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam,

YOUFOUND_LXAM'S QUOTE THAT HE DOES NOT BIBLICALLY BACK UP:    "This verse specifically is talking about how no one can see the full display of Gods glory, which is light inaccessible and would be insufferable to mortal eyes. "

As usual, you are biblically WRONG AGAIN in front of the membership, where this should be embarrassing for you AGAIN, but you keep making biblical mistakes all the time where we have to correct your Bible Stupidity, therefore, it isn't embarrassing as it should be for you!  LOL!

In the following passages, of which there are many contradictions within the scriptures where I have lost count, and that I have to accept in being a TRUE Christian, and with absolutely NO Devil Speak INTERPRETATIONS needed by you, the following is a blatant contradiction within the Bible!!!

CAN YOU SEE GOD? NO!
"No one has ever seen God." (1 John 4:12).

"No man has seen or can see God" (1 Timothy 6:16).

"But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” (Exodus 33:20)

CAN YOU SEE GOD? YES!
Since Jesus is God (2 Peter 1:1), then when he walked the earth, MANY people physically SAW God as the following passages so state:

"Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13)

"Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:27-28)

"Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:" (2 Peter 1:1)

YouFound_Lxam, now tell the membership in why the examples above is not a contradiction within the Scriptures at your embarrassing expense AGAIN!

BEGIN:

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@YouFound_Lxam

Stephen,

Unfortunately YouFound_Lxam never did have enough biblical sense to begin with, as it is shown in your easy refutation to him in your post #5, where he was grasping for the proverbial straws that were not there to begin with!  LOL!

It truly amazes Jesus and I in how Bible fools like YouFound_Lxam can actually stay upon this esteemed Religion Forum and not be totally embarrassed in how Bible Stupid they truly are.  Where unfortunately for me as the ONLY TRUE Christian upon this Religion Forum, because I accept ALL of Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures, you show me more Bible contradictions that YouFound_Lxam could not address, other than to give his "personal opinion" that they were not contradictions! LOL!

What would we do without the Bible Stupid Fools YouFound_Lxam, Miss Tradesecret, Seth Brown, etc. of this Religion Forum?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Unfortunately YouFound_Lxam never did have enough biblical sense to begin with.

Indeed Brother D. It   Obviously it isn't enough that GOD " ate, drank and had his feet washed"  in Abrahams tent. Or that Jacob physically" wrestled with god" and tells us that he "saw the face of god" or that Moses spoke with god "face to face", is it.
 You have now also had to remind the bible dunce that Jesus is god.

There are few others too that seen him. 
God Jesus that was also seen by a "multitude" of people including disciples, Mary Magdalene, Mary his mother, the wise men,  John the Baptist, Lazarus, lepers, blind people, and once dead people. Nicodemus,  Joseph of Arimathea, woman at the well, man at the pool, Priests, elders, Pilate,  a cohort(  5,000) of Roman  soldiers, two seditionist that hung next to him, and of course the Roman Longinus he that  drove a spear in the side of god Jesus.
I apologise if I have missed anyone out, I'm a bit tired.

7 days later

Stephen
Stephen
Well, this is disappointing. 

I was convicted the Christian theist here could  come up with a reasonable explanation for this biblical conundrum.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I alwaysssss,
Always. 
stop reading when i get to them parts in a post where you see like a persons name, and its followed by a set of numbers. 
You know? 
Like this For example. 
John 14 : 33.
Or like . 
Peter 22 : 45. 
Even 
Mark 6 : 14
Yeah. 
Well When i get to them parts when im reading shit ,
I JUST STOP P.  P. 
P
P

Becauseeeeeeeeee.
Ive come to know. 
Thats 
"Come to know." 
Usually after the names and numbers part comes a paragraph or so of ummmmmm , incoherent nonsense.  ( like me most time) 
Pretty much all the time. 

But  , yeah. 
Then it gets back to reading normal ,
then again out the corner of ya eye ,  you see a name and number part coming. 
You almost embrace yourself for the up and coming ummmm, intergecta.  

Making the god thing speak in this "scripture" like format.  
FUCKING  BRILLIANT IDEA.  
No really,  its brilliant. 
Be it Pre Abrahamic or not. 
Cred were cred. 

Ok Now i want ya to picture a. 
                              ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙ Ponzie scheme.⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙   
Also picture  the mind of the operator. 
mmmmmmmm, 
Yeah. 
Oh i bet , i bet. 

'Snaps out of it ' 
Fuck where was i ? 

Thats right. 
Yeah, Sometimes i just tune out. 

Good da 

Ps. Im here in the forum to talk about more con create kind of stuff . 
Like,  archs and floods and the garden of eden. 
Ive a masters in  Adam and eve iery. 
Before these MAIN stories,  they dont have the name and number thing .
thusss.
Its like.  ,  real . 
Well not real but like . 
Its real.  Kinda. 

PASS.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Why one of these day. 
One of these days. 

Sometimes i Think of the incredible ARGUMENTS one could put forth against the existence of Gods
ifffff.
I repeat if .
IF.  ONLY.     God didn't  do that darn book that he did for you lot. 

If only that little book thing he did,  got lost or something somehow.

Because  Without that book . 
Its a whole new ball game. 
A one sided ball game. 

Buttttttttttttt.  
It is what it is . 

Your / our  god, did that specific book for you / all of us. 
END OF FUCKING STORY.  
We've passed this minor shit. 
Its a given.  

☆☆☆☆☆         A QUICK SUGGESTION.     ☆☆☆☆☆

A Thank you  to the atheists every now and again would be appreciated. 
You know ? 

Hey But Thats cool . 

Theists. 

You . Are  .  welcome.

Welcome. 

Ill Just continue  Making arguments  and starting with and basing them on.   
A far fetched foundation. 
To say the least. 
Toat alley cool. 
Its cool. 

So Again.

welcome. 

U R welcome.