Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

Tru dat !
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
Does religion include social convention too? I don't see poor atheists murdering the rich... tho I suspect many of them r more religious than they r self aware of
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

TO THE MEMBERSHIP:

Christians don't have to murder the rich of Jesus' Hebrew creation, because in the end, they are all headed straight to the sulfur lakes of Hell, praise Jesus' inspired true words again!

"For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” (Luke 18:25)

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@n8nrgim
The situation is quite complex now but I would say religion has been a nice tool to control the masses since the very beginning. Today there are other tools, of course, like the media or the politics, but religion still plays an important role. 

Let's put it like this, you put a person to rule over a city saying that he was chosen by a "God", so people obey in quiteness and full submission because they were told that they can be punished in the after life if they don't. Fucking clever, isn't it?

Now the story is different because people are not that gullible as in the past, you can distract people with other stuff, like the cellphone which is the new toy of the conquered tribe.