it is technically accurate for trumpanzees to say the election was rigged

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 36
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
it happened a lot in many states. in order to get a mail in vote thing, by law the citizen was suppose to request it. but, due to covid, many governors sent out those mail in vote things, to everyone or a lot of people. they technically broke the law by doing this. if that hadn't been done, given the election was already so close anyway in a lotta states, i'd surmise that the election would have changed for trump. another part of that logic, was it was mostly liberals who voted by mail. 

the most i've seen as far as a fair counter to this, was the republicans should have challenged this in court, and that that was their legal recourse whether they did or didn't. that's true... but the fact remains that many enough govenors probably broke the law enough, to change the outcome of the election. in short, the election was rigged. 

i ain't a trumpanzee either, and most of trumpanzee ideas are baseless conspiracy theories... but these facts are accurate, and they are what they are. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@HistoryBuff
you around the forum? im curious what your take is 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
i also think the fact this sort of thing isn't talked about more, is evidence the media is bias. i mean, i take it as a given, that there's a liberal bias in the media, which to me is fair given i think there's a liberal bias to reality... but sometimes the truth isn't conveyed properly in the media due to unfair bias. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@n8nrgim
it happened a lot in many states. in order to get a mail in vote thing, by law the citizen was suppose to request it. but, due to covid, many governors sent out those mail in vote things, to everyone or a lot of people. they technically broke the law by doing this.
This is correct. It wasn't always governors though. Many times secretaries of state acted alone. Other times it was done via friendly lawsuits. A citizen sues the government to change the election protocol and the government (who wanted to do it but was too afraid) told the judge "whoops I guess I have no good arguments, order me daddy!"

It would take an extraordinarily brave judge to say "the plaintiff isn't allowed to sue the defendant to change/break the law"

A similar trick was done for the children of illegal immigrants. The supreme court ruled that when the government creates a program (even if only by executive order) an entitlement may be created and future governments may not reneg.

That could be abused to absurd ends (to create unrepealable law via executive fiat) and probably will be as the lawfare front widens. Just imagine what kind of entitlements Trump could spawn.

the most i've seen as far as a fair counter to this, was the republicans should have challenged this in court, and that that was their legal recourse whether they did or didn't.
If that's the best counter it's a bad one since many attempts to challenge these changes were made and the judges always ruled "Hey, you have to have injury in fact, come back when something bad has actually happened"

Then after something bad happened the judges said "Should have sued before hand, you waited too long (see latches https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/laches#:~:text=Laches%20is%20a%20doctrine%20in,to%20as%20estoppel%20by%20laches.

So apparently there was a single instant in time when you can sue over violations of election law. Some say that the left-tribe is opening a pandora's box, but they aren't. All that matters is how partisan the judges are. Right-tribe judges will follow precedent even to the detriment of the right-tribe. Left-tribe judges will simply throw out anything that is inconvenient at the time.

i ain't a trumpanzee either, and most of trumpanzee ideas are baseless conspiracy theories...
You just explained one of the bases.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@n8nrgim
but the fact remains that many enough govenors probably broke the law enough, to change the outcome of the election. in short, the election was rigged. 
…was the republicans should have challenged this in court…

You have your head up your ass. Here’s why.

This wasn’t just a governor’s decision. In some cases the the change was made by elections officials. In other cases, the state legislature made the change, including Republican state legislatures like in Pennsylvania.

These changes were challenged in court, and their objections were denied by the courts, including judges appointed by Republicans and even by Trump himself.

None of this constitutes fraud or rigging.

And you spelled governors wrong

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@n8nrgim
I mean, i take it as a given, that there's a liberal bias in the media, 
That’s because reality has a liberal bias. Nonsense, lies and conspiracy theories have a conservative bias. Would you rather the media report lies and nonsense?

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
well i dont have a break down of how often the governors did it illegally, and i dont have a break down beyond govenors of when it was legal v illegal. it's my impression that the governmors breaking the law was common enough to change the election. i could be wrong. i think there's at least enough doubt here to at least say the election might have been rigged. truth often lies in uncertainty and needs investigated to be established. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@n8nrgim
election. i could be wrong. i think there's at least enough doubt here to at least say the election might have been rigged. truth often lies in uncertainty and needs investigated to be established. 
You’ve had three years to investigate. Where is the evidence?

The fact is Trump lied when he said the election was rigged and his idiot supporters want to believe him because they are idiots.

Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
It was rigged.

Report proving malfeasance and fraud in the 2020 election. 
Coincides with 2000 Mules Documentary 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

What an embarrassment you are. You are one of the idiots allowing a fascist resurgence in this country like we hade right before WWII
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Reported for unwarranted Adhom.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh it was warranted. No work tomorrow again?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Reported for unwarranted Adhom.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh it was warranted 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Reported.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Loser
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Sam_Flynn
i dunno if that's a reliable source. a common problem from trumpsters are that they follow conspiracy theories with sources that arent credible or that we have no reason to think is credible. i'm the opening poster... im open to the idea that the election was rigged. but i need evidence from credible sources. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

What an embarrassment you are. You are one of the idiots allowing a fascist resurgence in this country like we hade right before WWII
Awesome argument skills there. Really showed me up, err...down. Way down. 
Denialism =/= evidence against the source OR the content of the source. 

Your projection of your shortcomings are duly noted, and as I see, reported by others. As such is right to do so. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@n8nrgim
-->
@<<<Sam_Flynn>>>
i dunno if that's a reliable source

Then don't comment until you can prove one way or the other. 
Either way, the source is NOT the issue. The content it. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Awesome argument
Argue with someone who believes 2000 Mules  represents facts? 

this childlike paper you cite is a list of lies unsupported by any evidence.

Who wrote this paper? 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

So instead of believing Republican elections officials including the Secretary of State you chose to believe this very fat, investment adviser from Duluth who knows little to nothing about running elections in the state of Georgia. That’s beautiful. Again, it’s idiots like you who are allowing and idiot like Trump to takeover the Republican Party.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@n8nrgim
There are no credible sources claiming election fraud. That’s why the big lie is only believed by morons.

Only a moron would say “the source is NOT the issue”.

As you can see from his bio, this guy is a Sci-Fi loser. He’s probably never kissed a girl.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Sam_Flynn
that's not how it works. you can't credibly find a random source that may or may not be credible on the internet and claim it as proof of something. the burden is you, the one making the claim, to establish that you have a credible source. if what you say is true, it should be easy to find a credible source, that most people would acknowledge as a credible source. 

it's actually laughable that you think what you posted passes as a real argument. i think you are rationalizing and lacking critical thinking skills here. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
they follow conspiracy theories...
One lasting legacy of partisan politics is that Democrats will forever be labeled conspiracy theorists for simply asking any question because that is how the term has been redefined and repurposed by the MSM. 

...Which is probably by design. Most Democrats want you following orders and not asking questions about them.

Exhibit A is RFK.

That's one of Sam's sources from the article. It doesn't seem contrived at all.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
That's one of Sam's sources from the article. It doesn't seem contrived at all.
Really? And what did the court do with the complaint? Was it dismissed as bullshit from people who know just enough to be dangerous?

Democrats will forever be labeled conspiracy theorists for simply asking any question
That makes no sense. As usual GP makes no sense in anything he says.

Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@n8nrgim
That is EXACTLY how it works. 

Genetic fallacy on your part.

The source is never the issue, the content is. 

Can't disprove the content, you wine and bitch about the source.

Again, as you said, "not how it works." 

You lose. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Denialism without proving otherwise. Classic ignorant retort. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
There are no credible sources claiming election fraud. That’s why the big lie is only believed by morons.

Only a moron would say “the source is NOT the issue”.

As you can see from his bio, this guy is a Sci-Fi loser. He’s probably never kissed a girl.

Ad hom
Ad hom
Ad hom
Ad hom

You're scared of me. 

That much is apparently clear.

Oh, and it is a forgone conclusion that the source is never the issue....it is the content that matters most. 

Anyone can spout or regurgitate a bunch of nonsense, but fact checking the spout or regurgitation is what is most relevant. 

Keep whining little boy. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh, and it is a forgone conclusion that the source is never the issue....it is the content that matters most. 
That’s stupid, what if the content is simply a fabrication? without credibility or credentials, everything your source says could just be lies. 

You're scared of me.
Yes, well everyone is afraid of a loser who watches Sci-Fi

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Can't disprove the content
ok LCpl