Total: 34
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
What a loser!
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
Better for Trump, the way to the presidency is guaranteed now. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You wanted DeSantis to quit, so you should give him credit here instead of calling him a loser.

But you didn't because you are a partisan hack and will do whatever it takes to go after someone with an R in their name (unless that someone with an R is hated by the MAGA people, then you only might like that person).
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
He doesn't even like Nikki Haley, and she has a massive amount of support among most Democrats.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
You wanted DeSantis to quit, so you should give him credit here instead of calling him a loser.
I want him to disappear. He is a moron like all the MAGA MORONS.

He had a woman who was having sex with another woman running his don’t say gay program.

He banned books that taught children about the horrors of slavery.

He’s a disgrace.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't think Nikki Haley is liked by most democrats, but I might be wrong.  Her nationwide approval I don't even think is above water.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I want him to disappear. He is a moron like all the MAGA MORONS.
Alright; so then give him credit for dropping out.

He had a woman who was having sex with another woman running his don’t say gay program.
DeSantis doesn't care if you are homosexual; I'm assuming you don't care if someone is homosexual.

If you want LGBT stuff taught in public schools; you believe that.  But whether the person running the "Don't say gay" bill is straight or not is irrelevant.

He banned books that taught children about the horrors of slavery.

He’s a disgrace.
That, I agree with you on.

Children should be taught about how horrible slavery is, but I think the content is too repetitive.  You don't need to spend 8 years or so going over exactly the same concepts.  Have 1/4 of the school year have it's history class be dedicated to how horrible slavery is and get all the anti slavery education done in that 1/4 of the year.  By freeing up time, we can teach kids about other stuff that we currently can't because there is not enough time in the school day.

You probably think I'm hardcore right wing, but I'll give the left credit on the issue if I think they deserve it.  I'm not a partisan hack.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
But whether the person running the "Don't say gay" bill is straight or not is irrelevant.

That’s ridiculous. The person saying that being gay is immoral is gay. Get it? It’s called hypocrisy 

If you want LGBT stuff taught in public schools;
Taught? You mean how to have gay sex? No, they are teaching kids to be respectful of all people. They are teaching kids to not be bigots. There’s nothing wrong or inappropriate with teaching children to be respectful of others.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Gay people can be against pedophilia and grooming. It's not hypocrisy, but it is a false dichotomy.

It's not "either you are gay and you are for sexual grooming of under aged school kids with sexualized content or you are straight and against it."
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Most pedophiles are conservative. The catholic priests for example. Many pedophiles are middle aged white men who never married and live all alone.

These weirdos may even try to get jobs as substitute teachers so they can be close to their prey.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

Yes, in 2015, former Rep. Dennis Hastert, the longest-ever serving Republican speaker of the House, pleaded guilty to making illegal hush-money payments in order to cover up his history of sexually abusing high school wrestlers he had coached decades before.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That’s ridiculous. The person saying that being gay is immoral is gay. Get it? It’s called hypocrisy 
The argument isn't that being gay is immoral; it's that homosexuality is still; kind of a controversial issue, and when so many people still want homosexuality to be banned, don't teach about gay people in schools just yet.

Something similar would be a woman who gets an abortion (when roughly half the country views abortion as a fundamental right and roughly the other half views it as the murder of an innocent child) advocating for telling 6 year olds that there is nothing wrong with an abortion.

In our society, views like slavery is good vs slavery is bad are not equal views; the bolded view is the better view significantly.

In our society, pro life and pro choice are roughly equally weighted views, so 3 million public school teachers (2/3 of which are female about; about 1/6 of whom got abortions, so that's about 300K teachers that have gotten abortions), if that 300K teachers ended up telling malleable kids that they got an abortion and there is nothing wrong with it; assuming 20 kids per class and assuming without the teachers, the kids would have been split 60/40 Pro choice (the national pro choice rate) this means 2.4 million pro life kids are going to become pro choice (because they got indoctrinated with pro choice values).

Now, since you are pro choice, you may like this.  It's more power for your team.  However, what happens when the public school system (like the Florida public school system) indoctrinates kids with values you disagree with?  Unless you advocate legally punishing people for commonly stated political views, then you have to treat the Overton window views you agree with the same as Overton window opinions you disagree with.

The conservative argument is that women who get abortions that work in public school should not be indoctrinating kids that aren't theirs with pro choice values and that LGBT teachers should not indoctrinate America's kids with opinions where there are a lot of people that disagree with it.

You wouldn't like it if your 5 year old was being indoctrinated by a MAGA Cultist.

Taught? You mean how to have gay sex? No, they are teaching kids to be respectful of all people. They are teaching kids to not be bigots. There’s nothing wrong or inappropriate with teaching children to be respectful of others.
The issue is not everyone agrees with gay people's right to get married (about 26% of the population).

Should the US government consistently indoctrinate kids with leftist values no matter what the leftist value is?  Because to me, that's what you want because it helps retain power for the democratic party.  I think a lot of independent voters aren't going to like the massive power grab you are trying to implement.
FLRW
FLRW

Democrats believe in Reality and Republicans believe in God and Slovenian sex workers.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Nambla never had it so good in 2024.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
The argument isn't that being gay is immoral; it's that homosexuality is still; kind of a controversial issue, and when so many people still want homosexuality to be banned, don't teach about gay people in schools just yet.
Why is it controversial? Because the morons think it’s immoral.

Something similar would be a woman who gets an abortion (when roughly half the country views abortion as a fundamental right and roughly the other half views it as the murder of an innocent child) advocating for telling 6 year olds that there is nothing wrong with an abortion.
Adults wouldn’t discuss abortion with a 6 year old anymore than they would discuss a hysterectomy or a vasectomy.

Being gay is not a choice anymore than being black is a choice.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I understand a big part of their membership comes from Catholic priests and unmarried, middle aged substitute teachers.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

Tru dat !
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
NAMBLA is primarily made up by unmarried middle aged white men.  Some work as substitute teachers so they can find young boys to molest.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I don't think FLRW is any of those.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Why is it controversial? Because the morons think it’s immoral.
Those, "morons" were in the majority just 15 years ago.  The more people an insult applies to, the less strong the insult is.  Now, it's like 26% of the population the insult would apply too.  When homophobia rates in the US dip below 10%, then you can start teaching about it in schools like interracial marriage.

Adults wouldn’t discuss abortion with a 6 year old anymore than they would discuss a hysterectomy or a vasectomy.
Nobody is running on banning hysterectomies or a vasectomies.  But if the youth becomes pro choice due to teacher indoctrination, the left would win the abortion issue as time goes on.

Being gay is not a choice anymore than being black is a choice.
Correct, but what's the relevance?  Gay sex is a choice and about 26% of the US population wants to ban it.  When there's that much opposition, have the law legalize gay sex, but don't be programming kids with leftist talking points.  89% of young adults are already on board (U.S. Same-Sex Marriage Support Holds at 71% High (gallup.com)).

Maybe in 30 years or so, you can integrate gay marraige in now when the homophobes mostly died of old age, but not now.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
Correct, but what's the relevance?  Gay sex is a choice and about 26% of the US population wants to ban it. 
Wait, are you suggesting that while being gay is not a choice, having sex as a gay person is a choice, a choice that other people should be able to ban? That’s absurd.

have the law legalize gay sex, but don't be programming kids with leftist talking points.
give me a specific example of these “leftist talking points” that “program” kids.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
DeeSantis spent $150 million to get a paltry 20,000 votes. What a pathetic campaign.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
Should the US government consistently indoctrinate kids with leftist values no matter what the leftist value is? 
The anti-indoctrination argument is one of the dumbest political arguments out there right now. We've been teaching kids that slavery was wrong for over a century. That is objectivity a progressive point of view, but no one cared that we were "indoctrinating" our kids into believing this because the overwhelming majority of us already moved in that direction. It's only indoctrination when one disagrees with it.

Furthermore, I can't help but notice the breathtaking hypocrisy of those most likely to rely on this argument. It's notable that it tends to come from the most religious segment of the population, their entire worldview is the product of indoctrination. How many children do we see at Trump rallies with MAGA hats being interviewed by right wing reporters praising the children for being so smart? Ron Desantis ran in Florida an ad for governor showcasing him teaching his child to follows MAGA while he was still in the crib. None of these anti-indoctrination people cared.

Because to me, that's what you want because it helps retain power for the democratic party.
Has it ever occurred to you that a person might hold a core set of values?

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
one time gray parrot has said that he collects welfare, but i dont know if he was joking. i know he's said people who make minimum wage 7.25 an hour or whatever it is, should just budget better if they are struggling financially. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
If it wasn't for scratch-off lottery tickets, the state wouldn't be able to pay me so much. So it's in my best interest to teach poor people to gamble whatever they have instead of investing.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Correct, but what's the relevance?  Gay sex is a choice and about 26% of the US population wants to ban it. 
Wait, are you suggesting that while being gay is not a choice, having sex as a gay person is a choice, a choice that other people should be able to ban? That’s absurd.
I don't want to ban gay sex and I don't think gay sex should be banned anywhere in the US, but 26% of the country wants it banned because of the bible and they are Christian theocrats on that issue.  They want to ban gay sex to try and prevent gay people from going to hell and suffering there forever because of a god they can't control.  They would like it if God didn't threaten eternal hell; but they can't control God and God controls who burns in hell vs who goes to heaven.

They aren't consistent with this pro theocracy position though.

give me a specific example of these “leftist talking points” that “program” kids.
  1. The left telling kids that transwomen are real women, claiming a woman is anyone who identifies as a woman, and punishing kids who do what you would logically do if they think transgenderism is inaccurate; misgender deliberatly on ideological grounds.  Just like the city Barrow changed it's name to Utgitvick (kindof like transitioning from white to Native).  If you disagree with the name change, you are logically going to continue to call the city Barrow because you prefer the White Anglo American name to the Native one.
  2. When left wing teachers try and claim Reagan was racist for wanting to cut taxes.  The right likes Reagan, so it would be saying the right like a racist guy.  Totally fine to say that at a political rally.  But don't indoctrinate the kids.

Both of these things happened to me when I was in school.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
but 26% of the country wants it banned because of the bible 
This is America, not Iran. We don’t use religion to make public policy 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
We've been teaching kids that slavery was wrong for over a century.
We started indoctrinating kids that slavery was wrong way after the first point pretty much everyone in the US was anti slavery.  We weren't teaching that in 1850.  We may have been teaching it in 1920 maybe.

That is objectivity a progressive point of view
This is correct.  Credit where it's due.  Something the left and right often don't do to me.  And slavery should be illegal nationwide.

It's only indoctrination when one disagrees with it.
I use the term, "indoctrination" for both views that I agree and disagree with.  For me, education is teaching something that is true (something like 2+2=4).  Saying, "Slavery should be illegal" is an opinion I and pretty much everybody strongly agree with, but it's an opinion and therefore indoctrination.  Something like, "The answer to a hard math problem is A when many people believe it's B,C,D, or E" is controversial, but it's education.

It's notable that it tends to come from the most religious segment of the population, their entire worldview is the product of indoctrination. 
I don't support religious indoctrination in public schools; although private school is different.  Just like if there is a private school that advertises that it's a pro LGBT school, if they teach pro LGBT talking points at that school, I would be fine with it.  Religious schools are private schools.

How many children do we see at Trump rallies with MAGA hats being interviewed by right wing reporters praising the children for being so smart? Ron Desantis ran in Florida an ad for governor showcasing him teaching his child to follows MAGA while he was still in the crib. None of these anti-indoctrination people cared.
That's parents stating their values to their kids.  That I think is ok.  Just like Cori Bush (a politician I don't like) homeschools her kid because the kid thought (whether due to Cori Bush or otherwise) that she experienced systemic racism at the public school she went too.  Cori Bush homeschools her kid; and she probably programmed very left wing values in her kid; values I'm not the biggest fan of.  I see no problem with Cori Bush doing that; because it's not the government teaching values; it's the parents.

Because to me, that's what you want because it helps retain power for the democratic party.
Has it ever occurred to you that a person might hold a core set of values?
Roosevelt definitely has a core set of values (anti-unwanted pain).  I'm not denying that.  If I want to convince Roosevelt of any opinion, I have to do so through the anti unwanted pain lens.  But his values are easier to implement the more common they are in society.  Imagine it's 1840; lets say the Northern states represent the modern day republicans and the southern states represent the modern day democrats (if you / the left wants to be affiliated with the North; fine, reverse the analogy).  Lets say the undeveloped west represents the youth; completely malleable and could fall for either side.

If you are the north, you want the entire west to be free states so you have more power to enact your agenda against the south.  If you are the south, vice versa is true.  The stronger the North's anti slavery values are, the more they are going to want the west to be in their favor and vice versa for the south.

If you are on the left, you would want the entire youth to become left wingers so you have more power to enact your agenda against the republicans.  If you are the republicans, vice versa is true.  The stronger the left's values are, the more they are going to want the youth to be in their favor and vice versa for the conservatives.  This is even if the values aren't consistent.  With being pro or anti slavery, there is only one issue, so people will come to their own conclusions on it.  The same can be true for multiple issues if there is a common thread that links them together other than party affiliation.  The democrats can use anti-unwanted pain as their ethos.  The republicans don't have an ethos.  Lets say the republicans became modified libertarians; they believe you should be allowed to do whatever you want as long as you aren't harming others to a significant degree.  Some issues (increased military budget, corporate welfare, immigration policies, some drug policies) are going to have to be dropped, but then the GOP would have a consistent ethos; victimless liberty for adults.

At that point, the stronger your values are, the more you would want them programmed onto America's kids, so you have a higher chance of having your values become the reality of the US.