Trump did not order, request or offer 10,000 troops for January 6

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 23
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
The idiot Trump is again lying in recent speeches, while claiming that, of all people, Nikki Haley, refused 10,000 National Guard troops.

The 1/6 report says that Trump brought up the issue on at least three occasions but in such vague and obtuse ways that no senior official regarded his words as an order”

Trump is an idiot who lies all the time. His MAGA MORON supporters believe him anyway, because they’re morons.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
The 1/6 report says..

Lol, the partisan bible for lazy people... goes well with Wapo's spam.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
This issue is one of those basic tests which make objectively clear that both political sides are not equal.

Trump continues to claim he did nothing wrong by holding the J6 rally and giving that speech at the elipse telling his supporters to fight like hell or they won't have a country anymore, as if there was no danger to the capitol at all. Then he goes and talks out of the other side in his mouth claiming that he was the one pushing for heightened security. So which is it? Was there a threat to the Capitol that he understood needed to be taken seriously or not?

This very much reminds me of when he tries to take credit for saving lives by shutting down travel from China, which clearly says that COVID was a deadly disease to be taken seriously. Then he goes and blasts the democrats for taking measures to fight COVID. The intellectual inconsistency is amazing.

His supporters do not care about facts or logic, it's all just a blood sport and they support the home team to the bitter end.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, the partisan bible for lazy people... goes well with Wapo's spam
Another reflexive jump to Trump's defense from the guy who swears he hates Trump.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
I don't give a crap who the Jan 6 "select committee" was trying to kangaroo court. I will make fun of the partisan hackery wherever it exists.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

The World civilizations are being split into the intelligent and the bugs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
And the super intelligent wealthy that socially manufacture false dichotomies to maintain control.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't give a crap who the Jan 6 "select committee" was trying to kangaroo court. I will make fun of the partisan hackery wherever it exists.
Right, because holding those responsible for an attack on the United States capitol accountable is partisan hackery. Ok bro.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
There have been plenty of attacks and protests after Jan 6 in Washington D.C.(mostly over Gaza)

When the Republicans make a highly partisan "select committee" and blow that out of proportion, I will roundly mock them as well.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
There have been plenty of attacks and protests after Jan 6 in Washington D.C.(mostly over Gaza)
Were any of these attacks part of a broader effort to steal an American election? Did they rise to the level where Congress was forced to stop in fulfilling a constitutional duty in order evacuate in fear for their lives? Were they incited by a sitting President of the United States?

Somehow I suspect this is yet another absurd false equivalence, a specialty of yours.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Were any of these attacks part of a broader effort to steal an American election?
I am sure a highly biased and partisan "select committee" from the Republicans would surely make that case, and then shove it down the public's throat for as long as the public would allow it.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I am sure they would as well, just as they are trying to do with their "Biden crime family" allegations. Unfortunately for them there is this thing called evidence. One would think that would matter to the MAGA crowd, but they would be wrong.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Lol, the partisan bible for lazy people... goes well with Wapo's spam.
Bullshit you idiot. Must of the witnesses who testified to the committee under oath were Republicans 

I am sure a highly biased and partisan "select committee" from the Republicans would surely make that case,
Would they get a bunch of democrats to testify under oath to make that case? No they would not.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
attacks? No, there haven’t been any attacks in Washington since 1/6 unless you include the odd, mentally ill lone wolf who made some feeble attempt to get through security. You lie as usual 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
I am sure they would as well, just as they are trying to do with their "Biden crime family" allegations. Unfortunately for them there is this thing called evidence. One would think that would matter to the MAGA crowd, but they would be wrong.
Why do you waste your time with this idiot? The kind of idiot who says 1/6 was no big deal. 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Boredom. If there were more intelligent and thoughtful people on this site to disagree with I would ignore him and talk to them.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Well there’s nothing but morons in the party of Trump.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
And yet they're damn near half the country so we can't just ignore them
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
No, don’t ignore them. But morons deserve nothing but derision. Nonsense deserves nothing but derision. Trying to reason with morons is futile..

Morons aren’t responsive to facts, logic or reason, that’s why they’re morons. Just berate them for being morons. After enough negative reinforcement they will be less inclined to speak up as it sinks in that they don’t know what they are talking about.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Just berate them for being morons. After enough negative reinforcement they will be less inclined to speak up as it sinks in that they don’t know what they are talking about.
That is objectively not true, especially when talking about MAGA. The reason they're so obsessed with Trump is because Trump is the first person to make them feel like they're not worthless idiots. He gave them a sense of personal validation and for that they will be forever loyal to him. That is why no one else gets away with the garbage he does, no matter how hard they try to imitate him, they can never replicate the emotional high he gave these people.

Everytime you and others berate them all you do is give them more reason in their own minds to give you the finger by voting for him. We know how childish they are, this is why. Politics is not about policy to these people. It's not about facts and logic, it's not about the country's continued success. It's about making them feel better about themselves because they have nothing else. And they way they do that is by sticking it to people like me yes, but moreso people like you.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Everytime you and others berate them all you do is give them more reason in their own minds to give you the finger by voting for him
They are going to vote for him no matter what. At least with my approach they recognize their ideas are stupid.

They think voting for stupid hurts me but these poor bastards are the ones who can’t pay their bills as they fall out of the middle class.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
At least with my approach they recognize their ideas are stupid.
No they won't, because they don't care. You're presupposing that facts, logic, and and evidence matter to these people. They don't. If they did they wouldn't embrace such absurdities in the first place.

You cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. Their politics is entirely emotional, so they will continue to act based on that. You berating them only pisses them off more. That won't matter to the bulk of them who are fervently in Trump's corner, but many of them are not that invested. Those are the ones who at the very least can be moved into staying home.