nuclear fission plans are too over regulated

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 2
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
as a science, nuclear makes sense as an energy source. there are states who want to do it more, but they find it too costly and time consuming. i assume that's a regulatory problem, but i could be wrong, otherwise i dont now why it's so burdensome to do nuclear. it's been decades and we're barely making progress in getting more nuclear, cause of all the negative stererotypes and mostly the costs. we need an alternative to fossil fuels cause those are dirty and unsustainable. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim
The future of nuclear power is fusion. The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) in France, is nearing completion and its first experiments are due to start in 2025.
Tim Luce, deputy head of the ITER construction project, told the press conference that ITER will scale up the energy output to 500 megawatts, or possibly even 700.
“These are what I usually call power plant scale,” he said. “They’re at the lower end of what you would need for an electricity generating facility. In addition, we need to extend the timescale to at least 300 seconds for the high fusion power and gain but perhaps as long as an hour in terms of energy production.