Jesus "heals" A Daughter- a response to an earlier comment made>

Author: Stephen

Total: 1
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen

First off the BIBLE doesn't say the woman was "a gentile". As claimed by the Reverend. In the link below, it specifically states that she was a Canaanite. There is only one single bible of all the English bibles written that refers to her a  gentile. https://biblehub.com/matthew/15-22.htm

Regardless,
This little story lasting only  8 short verses in Matthew 15:22-28 is titled.
The Faith of a Canaanite Woman
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
And here endeth the story. 

So what is it about?
Well for those bone idle Christians that can't take the time to research what they preach to others and are oblivious to the tiniest of Jewish history this story needs some background.
Israel had been under the rule of the Greeks for some 400 years before the Romans who then ruled some 100+ years and all before Jesus the JEW had appeared on the scene.
One only has to imagine the change in culture, practices, society and religious beliefs that Israel had undergone during those times . Many Jews over generations by the time of Jesus had simply taken on Greek culture and religious beliefs i.e. they had become what is called - Hellenised. <<<These were the "lost sheep" that Jesus had come to reunite with their original god- Yahweh See Matthew 15:24 above. Some, the devout Israelite/Jews - hadn't forgotten their god and hadn't lost faith and were waiting for the promised "Messiah of the seed of David" to appear and free them from the Roman yoke.

Tyre and Sidon- (see above Matthew 15:2) were Roman port cities located in northern Israel on the Mediterranean and heavily were guarded.  

Jesus was a wanted man both by Rome and the Jewish authorities and word had spread throughout Israel that the Messiah had indeed arrived.. some believed it while others didn't, regardless he and his followers were on the hit list as the BIBLE in many places clearly attests to.

So then we have this Canaanite woman appearing out of nowhere making a proper song and dance, begging on her knees and crying out to Jesus- a wanted man -"“Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me!", and all in broad daylight and in earshot of all authorities! 

What was the response of Jesus ? It was to try to ignore her. (See Matthew 15:23 above) but she kept "crying out" aloud.

And the disciples that were accompanying him, what was their response?

Well to put this into plain modern English it was, shall we tell her to Fk off  before she blows our anonymity and gets us all the fk arrested!

Jesus then spoke these now famous words that are easy for anyone to understand, even dulcet bible dunces such as our resident Pastor and Chaplain, but the never mention it for obvious fkn reasons. 

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel". In other words - I am not here for this riff-raff scum, I am here for only gods chosen and treasured people, the lost sheep of ISRAEL!
 But of course the riff -raff scum woman wasn't giving up as she persisted in begged the Messiah seed and son of David to do something about her "Demon possessed" daughter.  (See Matthew 15:25)

But again, what was the response to the scummy riff-raff woman?

Well it was this lovely compliment;

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” (See Matthew15:26). And the bread Jesus spoke of was of course was the wisdom of his forgiveness and teaching the so called "bread of life" that he wasn't going to waste on the scummy riff-raff's daughter. But riff-raff scummy woman said it was right to do so>  "27 “Yes it is, Lord,” [right] she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

Jesus realised riff-raff scummy Canaanite woman wasn't going anywhere and certainly wasn't going to shut the fk up so given the sticky situation Jesus spoke just 8 magical words and her wish was granted. And the day was saved.... all round. 

Demon Possessed.....
....are  words often bandied around often in the New Testament. But thicko Pastors and Chaplains that are far too bone idle to research, never mind understand, that this is a coverall term of phrase of that time. In those times one could be sick or mentally ill and be called Demon Possessed.  As can anyone deemed to be rebellious or of another faith, go against the status quo, disobedient.  And keep  this in mind that both John the Baptist (the greatest prophet that ever lived according to Jesus) was said to be "demon possessed" as was Jesus said to be by members of his own fkn family!
The scummy riff-raff Canaanite's daughter was simply  Hellenised hence rebellious , hence she was "demon possessed".

Here endeth the lesson.