Something I realized

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 9
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
P1: Jan 6 almost overthrew the government
P2:  Very few Jan 6 Protestors had guns during the protest that they did since they thought the election was rigged.
P3: The Jan 6 Protestors believed the government was tyrannical and they almost succeeded in overthrowing them with very few (less than .05% of the US population (Exclusive: Classified Documents Reveal the Number of January 6 Protestors (newsweek.com))) present, with only 12 members having guns according to Newsweek (Fact Check: Were There Armed Protesters at the Capitol on January 6? (newsweek.com)).
P4: Very few guns were had by the protestors when almost overthrowing the government.

C1: You don't need a huge number of guns to overthrow the government if they go tyrannical if 12 guns distributed among 120,000 people almost gets the job done.  So I would argue this makes the 2nd amendment's argument that guns are pretty much not needed to defend against a tyranical government not accurate; because our government that the Jan 6 people thought was tyranical almost got overthrown with 12 guns and if they had 0 guns, but 10 million protestors, then they could almost certainly have overthrown the government if they do something that pisses off 10 million people enough to conduct a revolution (so the 3% figure that people claim was enough to start the US revolutionary war in the first place).

So my sole reason for wanting AR 15s to be legal is freedom.  Just like I support the freedom to own an autograph; it doesn't make either useful.  I would not spend $800 or so on an AR 15; I'm fiscally conservative and I would rather invest the money and conserve my finances.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@TheUnderdog
It’s those kind of thoughts that keep you up at night.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
There's a huge difference between overthrowing a government and a few rednecks making a fuss.
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
I dont think it was the purpose of protestors to overthrow the government.  I also don't think it ever even came close. 

I do think some stuff is hidden from us. Like why did politicians start putting on biohazard like suits like they were in a chemical attack. It was odd and we were shown images of them in these biohazard suits and it was never explained
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@WyIted
Then what was the point of Jan 6?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
What would overthrowing the government look like?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@JoeBob
Yes.
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
It was a protest of what people felt was an unfair election. I think people wanted to see some politicians face to ace and just yell at them. Maybe some were there and thought it was a fair election and just wanted to support trump. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
A lot messier.