Which should I do?

Author: JoeBob

Total: 13
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
Two years ago I started speedsolving Rubik’s cubes. I did this for a year then my passion faded so I tried chess. Did that for a bit but was terrible at it so quit. Since then I haven’t had a new hobby, though video games has been with me this whole time. I can’t decide which to start again. So I ask you, which should I start again, chess or Rubik’s cube? Don’t have to be knowledgeable in either subject I’m just asking everyone what I should do.

I need something to do other than the same thing over and over again everyday.

Stats for nerds:

Rubik’s cubes-no comp, pr is 14 seconds, CFOP

Chess- 500 elo
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Neither. Read books
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@JoeBob
You're terrible at Chess... start there.

Your Rubik's PR is nearly as good as a casual hobbyist can get before they waste too much time on it.
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
I agree with Ilikepie. Read books and start a zettelkasten to firm up your debating skills.
WyIted
WyIted
Also RM made a good point about how far you can take rubiks cube before it gets silly. If you want to go pro you have to spend almost every waking hour on rubiks cube and its not going to pay you anything. I think I watched a documentary where the world champion won like 10k . so you would have to be the actual best and it would still pay less than minimum wage
FishChaser
Debates: 61
FishChaser
-->
@JoeBob
Smart niggas only care about getting bitches and making fat stacks of paper. If you spend too much time on anything else yous a dumb ass nigga.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
I do.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
Bro not books on how to solve rubies cubes and play chess but classics like mean kampf or evola or poe
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Do you ever thumbs up a comment/post that you like?
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
They are not books about that. Just because I’m not reading books that you know doesn’t mean it’s not Rubik’s cubes. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RationalMadman
Done
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Once a person learns to solve a Rubik's cube it is a challenge to no one other than practicing to do it fast. Chess on the other hand has infinite possibilities.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@sadolite
Well I mean Rubiks cube you can learn different methods to do it faster, but I agree, after a certain point it is just repetition to get faster.