Am I a bad Christian, cause i think love conquers death instead of legal atonement?

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 9
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
I think that instead of us having a legal relationship with God to appease God's wrath, we have a parent child relationship to magnify God's love. The relationship is like the prodigal son.

The bible said Jesus nailed any legal requirements to the cross. Literally, instead of saying we have a legal relationship with God then like is said in western Christianity, we no longer have a legal relationship with him.

There r verses that say Jesus became sin for us, and by his wounds we r healed. But these just mean that Jesus offered himself as a sacrifice. Love wouldn't let Jesus die, Jesus conquered sin and death with his sacrifice. He could have engaged in the Christian doctrine of self defense, but he chose to offer himself instead. The Bible days the spirit that rose Jesus from the dead lives in us and will raise us from the dead. We are adopted children of God and brothers of Jesus when we believe in Jesus and try to do his will.

This is basically, christus Victor atonement instead of penal substitution. Christie Victor was the predominate view in the early church, the other was minority view. Penal substitution is also based in paganism, a blood sacrifice on a technicality, instead of a sacrifice of first fruit, an offering of ones gifts in sacrifice. The bible says god takes no pleasure in burnt offerings but prefers gifts of the heart. Of course, they usually talked in terms of ransom, I think, so me saying love conquers death as central might be heretical or not pure doctrine. My ideas are present in all forms of atonment historically, just not formally.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
The bible does say that Jesus dying prevented God's wrath, but the distinction is that that don't imply appeasing God's wrath.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
Literally, instead of saying we have a legal relationship with God then like is said in western Christianity, we no longer have a legal relationship with him.
So it’s like I used to have to pay taxes, but if I follow him, then I don’t???
I’m confused.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgim
I think that if there is a higher authority, it is a far more sensible than the guff written about it in the Bible.
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@n8nrgim
"Love wouldn't let Jesus die"

What do you by love wouldn't?

Are you saying him dying wasn't an act of love?

"but the distinction is that that don't imply appeasing God's wrath."

Do you believe there can be peace between the adopted sons/daughters and God and yet a co-existing wrath?

Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@JoeBob
Yup somebody paid the taxes for you. The law can't do anything to you because you've been made justified by another showing you grace and kindness to pay your debt because the wages or payment for a tax penalty would of had to been paid by you but again, that was redeemed.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Politics forum?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
Well he did say legal...:p
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
He's again on drugs...

For fuck's sake, somebody help this poor soul.