###DART is in trouble and you can help###

Author: WyIted

Total: 16
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
Debate art is financially strapped. Mike is thinking of selling the site or even donating the site because he likely has a life and better things to do than maintain a site that he is losing money on. Even if you have no money there are ways to help. If you are a broke boy  than download brave browser. Just go to brave.com and you earn cryptocurrency by donating the crypto currency (BAT) to debateart.com. I will release a video soon on why you should prefer this browser in general but here is a video where in it you can see how easy it is to disable scripts https://youtu.be/rhn0wdYLzls?si=vvG3cqQTGtYcEZVQ . Yes you can disable scripts to get around pay walls. Not all paywalls but some. Don't do that. However it also prevents cross site scripting hacks and also makes clinking links safe if you disable javascript before clicking them. Brave browser is the best browser on the planet so it isn't an act of charity to switch over to it, just donate your BAT which you won't use anyway to debateart.com

If you are not a broke boy. Also please install Brave browser and donate BAT, but also donate on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/DebateArt

Mike does reward patreon donors with credits, and for more information on where your money goes, click on the following link. https://info.debateart.com/platform-development/donations

Anyway thanks for reading this and lets at least once a year make a real effort to help mike be rewarded for his hard work even if he denies needing the reward or the real risk of not helping him.
Hero_In_Instatute
Debates: 8
Hero_In_Instatute
-->
@DebateArt.com
deal
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I am not exactly in a position to donate a lot and Mike has totally turned a blind eye the entire time this site has been up, towards whatever users or mods do yet has installed mods for reasons he never justified to me.

He did a shit update not addressing us at all. I am not that bothered about this site, I will admit the 1v1 arena appeals to me. The rest is replacable elsewhere already.

I think I gave 2 months worth of Patreon to him. That's enough. I respect the site for existing, not Mike.
WyIted
WyIted
I am done with patreon also but I have been going back and forth with firefox and brave and I am going to shift to brave for any non school related activity and give him the BAT. I am done because I am broke at the moment though and that is the only reason.
WyIted
WyIted
as of today mike did fix some minor bugs and he has added a function to highlight debate comments so he is non stop putting in effort. https://info.debateart.com/platform-development/release-notes
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
thanks wylted
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
Yea I’ll pay 3 bucks for a thing that has a 3 posts in its however many years it’s been up.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
It's not that type of patrion. He gives credits but I have encouraged stuff like a hidden thread for patrion members
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
But what would having a hidden thread for only pareon members do
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Maybe we should get some phone numbers so we can stay in touch if DART ends up going the DDO route.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Discord accounts work better for that purpose.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
RM is correct that discord works better. I am not done setting this up but here is what I was working on. I am going to make anyone a full mod who I can trust to be emotionally stable and supports free speech that joins in the next 14 days or so. I am not using the official Discord because it tends to ban the same users as the site etc., so it would not be a safe place for bans that I personally disagree with such as Brother D. Thomas. https://discord.gg/xEGnTpHZ

Anyone who has personal differences than me who feels unwelcome is likely incorrect about that, so join and you have a type of holding cell for refugees should anything happen and this site can be recreated with a community effort to just take a few months for everyone to learn a diffferent thing. for example of a plan off the top of my head

1. Have a lead developer that actually knows what they are doing and at least 3 people currently on the site could qualify for this
2. a few users who take 10 minutes to learn HTML which they likely only need to know 10 tags to code that portion of the front end
3. A handful of users to learn Bootstrap. Bootstrap is also something that can be learned in an afternoon but with a bit more effort than HTML
4.  People who want to put in some effort to google what needs to be done with javascript
5. some people who simultaneously are working to build database/authentication in Django

I think none of those tasks would take longer than 2 weeks to learn and you could just keep the project as opensource on github and have a few lead developers in charge of approving any changes to the main codebase so that way everyone who wanted to work on it could. So everything is recoverable and we should be keeping notes or high effort threads and debates we do in a notebook such as Obsidian that is off site
Casey_Risk
Debates: 0
Casey_Risk
I literally just found out about and joined this site, and now I'm finding out that it might go the way of DDO very soon. What luck!
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Casey_Risk
How did you find it?
Casey_Risk
Debates: 0
Casey_Risk
-->
@WyIted
I looked up debate.org on Google because I wanted to see if it was still around and was unsurprised to find that it wasn't. However, I did find this website. I was a member of DDO back in the day. I hope this website doesn't meet the same fate. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
A lot of the people here are from DDO