Republican Party shows their hand with anti-free speech legislation

Author: WyIted

Total: 8
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
We all know that hate speech laws are stupid. They turn things into thought crimes essentially a murder is a murder is a murder and when you try to analyze the thoughts of a person and outlaw certain ones after they committed a crime it is a slippery slope to other weird shit. Ignorant stuff like you see in the UK where an autistic girl was just arrested for hate speech by telling a cop she looked like her lesbian grandmother. BTW, the girls grandma was lesbian and resembled the cop, not that it matters much because it shouldn't be illegal to insult somebody anyways.

Gregg Abbot and many other Republicans are signing laws that stop antisemitism. In Gregg Abbots case he is using executive orders to do so and is using phrasing like ""We have to keep our universities SAFE SPACES"

These are the same people just a few years ago who were crying that twitter and facebook were not free speech places. The republican party is a big tent party, but just like we removed neocons from the party we also need to remove whatever this bullshit is. Free speech is sacred and we can't have both political parties opposed to it. At least one party has to be the party of freedom . Punish these people by allowing democrats to win if they go against principles such as free speech. https://thedailytexan.com/2024/04/01/civil-rights-organizations-uts-palestine-solidarity-committee-condemn-abbotts-executive-order-regarding-university-free-speech-policies/

WyIted
WyIted
Also Matt Walsh did something uncharacteristic which was he decided not to be a cuck and spoke out against this https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1773795215561695653

SO you will likely see him get the Candace Owens treatment soon
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
It's laughable for people on the left tribe to think the right-tribe wouldn't use the exact same tactics to gain power....

Both parties are like 2 stage actors that get trotted out until the audience throws tomatoes, then they trot the other tribe out....
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
I do have a part of me that enjoys the right using the same tactics. I oppose this tactic but if Trump wins and everyone starts using lawfare for a few years to hammer liberals, I would be cool with it. They deserve a taste of their own medicine but at some point they need to step back from that approach.
WyIted
WyIted
This is why in the last stage of my life I might become a lawyer. I think we are going to see kids suing doctors for cutting off their penises or force feeding girls chemicals that give them male pattern baldness at 20. Plus those treatments have already been linked to increases in cancer. I am 40 so maybe when I turn 50, I pursue a law degree and help these abused kids out, I know the left is asically confessing they know that sex changes are harmful which is why they are opposed to allowing lawsuits on doctors who do them. I also want to start suing schools under the equal treatment clause of the constitution for the loss of funding for female sports by allowing males pretending to be girls to play on the girls team and divert funding from girls.

I just want to be that guy the media paints as a supervillain for getting rich off of suing retarded leftists
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@WyIted
SO you will likely see him get the Candace Owens treatment soon
Good, I hope he gets splashed by a passing vehicle. The man has four braincells, and the dumb luck of the universe only allowed him to get this far because it takes 2.5 braincells to ask for a definition of "woman".
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You hate him because he's an actual conservative whereas you're just an anarchist who picks that wing.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
I'm not an anarchist, but I did pick the lesser of two evils allying myself with the likes of him.

What he represents is history, or at least it would be if the left-tribe cultist didn't keep making him look like he has a point with their insanity.