What it means to me when someone calls themselves, "fiscally conservative"

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 14
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Fiscal conservative: I want low taxes.

Me: So you want to cut government spending?

Fiscal conservative (FC): Yes.

Me: On what; exactly?

FC: Bureaucratic waste.

Me: Is it social security?  Do you want elderly people to suffer more?

FC: No.

Me: Is it the military?

FC: No.

Me: What about Medicaid or Medicare?  Do you want poor and old people to suffer more?

FC: No

Me: What about unemployment benefits?  If a dad is unemployed, then should his kids suffer from lack of unemployment benefits?

Me: Do you want to stop paying interest on the debt?  Do you want the debt to get bigger?

Me: Well, that's 82% of the budget (2021 Budget).  What do you want to cut?

FC: Something else (and this something else may be important or not important, but I won't do my research on it because I'm going to assume it's unimportant even though it easily could be).

Me: Yeah; I think I'm going to side with the left on this one.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
Me: Is it social security?  Do you want elderly people to suffer more?
Have you learned what a fallacy of a complex question is yet?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You dodged the question.  What do you plan on cutting to make your spending cuts a reality?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
Why ask me?
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
We literally tell you what we want to cut, stop being obtuse. Maybe it's shit like buying a $5 stapler for $100 . Maybe it's cutting funding from DeI programs or eliminating regulatory bodies
WyIted
WyIted
Me: What about unemployment benefits? If a dad is unemployed, then should his kids suffer from lack of unemployment benefits?
Yes
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
Here I will answer them for you so you don't have to strawman

Fiscal conservative: I want low taxes.

Me: Is it social security? Do you want elderly people to suffer more?

FC: yes privatize social security but pay people already paid into the system. If the money you spend out of your check for social security was instead invested in the S&P 500 for your working life you would retire a millionaire instead of destitute because of how little social security pays out. 

Me: Is it the military?

FC: yes

Me: What about Medicaid or Medicare? Do you want poor and old people to suffer more?

FC: No to the suffering but if we look at trends that took place prior to health insurance being a thing in the United states thanks to FDR than health care was much more affordable and doctors had no issue doing some amount of probono work. 

Me: What about unemployment benefits? If a dad is unemployed, then should his kids suffer from lack of unemployment benefits?

FC: his kid shouldn't suffer so hopefully he gets another job instead of laying around like a bum making his kid suffer

Me: Do you want to stop paying interest on the debt? Do you want the debt to get bigger?

FC: yes. Must don't pay the debt. If China has a problem with us not paying a debt than thy can take a nuke to their fucking face 

Me: Well, that's 82% of the budget (2021 Budget). What do you want to cut?

FC: the same stuff Javier Milie is cutting. He just fired 70,000 federal employees so that would be a good start

Me: Yeah; I think I'm going to side with the left on this one because I refuse to adopt a masculine ideology and want to suck the governments fat cock
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Why ask me?
Because it's what you want to do when you call yourself fiscally conservative.  What government program do you want to cut?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@WyIted
Maybe it's shit like buying a $5 stapler for $100 . Maybe it's cutting funding from DeI programs or eliminating regulatory bodies
This does not make up a big part of the federal budget so it makes sense to vote on other sources of liberty if you are libetarian (like social issues which the democrats tend to be more libetarian on with the exceptions for this being social issues where the libetarian stance produces more pain).  Like I would consider myself more socially libetarian than socially left; but at least they have a standard (reducing unwanted pain).  The right isn't socially LUSHO.

Yes
At least you are honest.  Just don't expect being alright with children starving and suffering that to be very popular to the party that cares about family values.

Me: Is it social security? Do you want elderly people to suffer more?

FC: yes

Me: What about Medicaid or Medicare? Do you want poor and old people to suffer more?

FC: No to the suffering but if we look at trends that took place prior to health insurance being a thing in the United states thanks to FDR than health care was much more affordable and doctors had no issue doing some amount of probono work. 
If healthcare produced less death and suffering pre FDR, then it would have been privitized.  Life in the 19th century was horrible.

FC: his kid shouldn't suffer so hopefully he gets another job instead of laying around like a bum making his kid suffer

Me: Do you want to stop paying interest on the debt? Do you want the debt to get bigger?

FC: yes. Must don't pay the debt. If China has a problem with us not paying a debt than thy can take a nuke to their fucking face 
How anti war of you; threatening to nuke China.

Me: Yeah; I think I'm going to side with the left on this one because I refuse to adopt a masculine ideology and want to suck the governments fat cock
Insults from the woke mob.  You think Mark Kelly has a feminine ideology? But I think most men would be fine with increased government spending if the alternative is children starving to death; but they don't think it through like they should.  If they do think it through and they can tolerate children starving to death, then fine; just acknowledge that.

But eliminating social security would turn the conservative elderly people into a group that votes bluer than the inner city.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
Why ask me?
Because it's what you want to do when you call yourself fiscally conservative.
Did I?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
What does it mean to be fiscally conservative?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't care.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
So maybe then don't call yourself a label then that you don't care about the definition (and this may mean vote for the more pro freedom party on social issues if your name has the word, "Liberty" in it).  Liberal and Liberty I imagine have a lot in common.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
So maybe then don't call yourself a label then that you don't care about the definition
lol, thanks for the advise. I continue to advise you to stop making up absurd dichotomies based on shallow one dimensional analysis. Also stop blindly believing and spreading misinformation and then not caring when it's debunked in front of your face.