Mental Health Visit Christian, FKN disgusting!

Author: Stephen

Total: 16
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Police and mental health worker visit orthodox Christian for saying to his priest " Christians must take a stand".  

England has gone down the shit pan.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Well what does it mean?

Taking a stand can be very violent.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RationalMadman
Well what does it mean?

Well did you listen to the video? Of course you haven't. You are just jumping the gun, AGAIN!!!

Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Christians have taken their stand in the world under the name Christian.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Even criminal if you piss off the wrong people.

That's why it's so important to take a stand while wholeheartedly supporting the manufacture and export of weapon systems regardless of the cost or consequences. Make sure to obey any warning signs from social media and CNN/BBC talking heads and you too can take a stand in a safe and responsible manner!

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Makes you wonder who or what programmed the endocrine system.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
So, this is a sociopolitical or ideological concern. At Matthew 5:38-40 Jesus admonishes the Jewish practice of taking the law into your own hands. Eye for eye was designed as a legal matter after being judged in court. They began using it for justification of personal retribution. A slap to the face was considered an insult rather than an act of violence. Jesus wasn't advocating passivity, he was saying stop getting involved in personal petty disputes. 

Jesus and his followers are no part of the world. Satan is the God of the world. The world will be destroyed, while the meek inherit the earth and live forever upon it in peace. Live by the sword, die by the sword. 
Stephen
Stephen
 Like Jesus, I am no part of the world .

So is your world somewhere else other than the planet you were born on?

You have a website (un-named) that is most certainly part of the world that you claim not to belong to.

You also have opinions about the world that you exist on but claim not to belong to.

I don't subscribe to traditional modern-day Christianity, which is more pagan than Biblical. Though not in total agreement, my beliefs are quite similar to that of the Jehovah's Witnesses since they have removed the pagan influence.....

Which "pagan influences" did they remove?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
Sorry, I didn't see this until now. 

In a sense, yes. Jesus and the apostles when writing the Bible used the word katabole. It's the same as the English word fuck. It means throwing or laying down seed. (Hebrew 11:11; Luke 11:50) So, there have been many worlds. Jesus and his followers were on the same planet as I'm on. 

You have a website (un-named) that is most certainly part of the world that you claim not to belong to.
Yeah. Revelation In Space (for desktop)- it's just a hobby. Observing the world doesn't mean taking a part of it. I don't vote or otherwise influence legislation. Won't fight in wars, things like that. Don't pledge allegience to a flag. 

You also have opinions about the world that you exist on but claim not to belong to.
Correct. I'm assuming you have opinions about my world which you claim not to belong to? 

The immortal soul from Socrates, Trinity from Plato, Cross from Constantine, Hell from Milton/Dante, Christmas from Saturnalia and Dickens, Easter from Astarte, Rapture from Darby to name a few.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
[A] In a sense, yes. Jesus and the apostles when writing the Bible used the word katabole. It's the same as the English word fuck. It means throwing or laying down seed. (Hebrew 11:11; Luke 11:50) [B] So, there have been many worlds.
[A]  No one knows who rote the gospels. 
[B] There is and always will be many other planets, but you seem to be conflating worlds with planets. I drift off into my own "world" often as do millions of resident of this planet.

Jesus and his followers were on the same planet as I'm on. 

So is it world or planet?  And what is it called?

Yeah. Revelation In Space (for desktop)- it's just a hobby. Observing the world doesn't mean taking a part of it.
Well this is exactly what you are doing. The day your birth certificate was created you became a fully paid up member of  planet earth... like it or not. You have also "rendered unto Caesar"  via taxes.  You were (I will assume) educated and have studied under the system you now claim not to be part of. You say that you are "retired" I will assume then that you have "retired" because you have reached retirement age under the system of the "world" that you actually do inhabit. Do you drive a car? Do you own your house? Do you use the roads and highways? 

I [...............................................] Won't fight in wars, things like that. Don't pledge allegience to a flag. 

Well I am sure you will when the shit hits the fan over there in the USA. 

Correct. I'm assuming you have opinions about my world which you claim not to belong to? 
I may well do if I knew of and understood "the world you live in"? 

I don't subscribe to traditional modern-day Christianity, which is more pagan than Biblical. Though not in total agreement, my beliefs are quite similar to that of the Jehovah's Witnesses since they have removed the pagan influence.....
The immortal soul from Socrates, Trinity from Plato, Cross from Constantine, Hell from Milton/Dante, Christmas from Saturnalia and Dickens, Easter from Astarte, Rapture from Darby to name a few.  

I am assuming that you are referring to the JW's version of THE bible namely New World Translation in which they have simply used modern words instead of ancient Greek or Hebrew equivalents?

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
[A]  No one knows who rote the gospels. 
Irrelevant. No one knows who wrote the patriot act. 

[B] There is and always will be many other planets, but you seem to be conflating worlds with planets. I drift off into my own "world" often as do millions of resident of this planet.
So, the Hebrew erets, Greek ge (as in geology, geography) like our word earth, means different things. The Greek kosmos (as in cosmetics, cosmos), means adornment.  The Bible says the earth will last forever but the world will be destroyed. They aren't necessarily the same. 

So is it world or planet?  And what is it called?
Depends on the context. 

You have also "rendered unto Caesar"  via taxes.
Your logic is flawed. Unsophisticated, low resolution. Jesus said he and his followers were no part of the world, and render unto Caesar. You have to examine the meaning there. 

I would rather die and that is exactly what I would do. 

The world of Adam, the world of Noah which was destroyed, the world of the Jews which was destroyed twice, my world, your world, the world, are all different. (1 Corinthians 1:20, 21; 2 Corinthians 7:10; James 4:4) 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
Forgot.

I am assuming that you are referring to the JW's version of THE bible namely New World Translation in which they have simply used modern words instead of ancient Greek or Hebrew equivalents?
I hear this technology they used is called - translation. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen

I [...............................................] Won't fight in wars, things like that. Don't pledge allegience to a flag. 

I would rather die and that is exactly what I would do. 
And you may well die but it won't be because you don't pledge allegiance to anything. It'll be because your own life is on the line or the lives of your loved ones. 

The world of Adam, the world of Noah which was destroyed,

So you belong to the corrupted world of both these bible characters? Corrupted by one of his own creations.

the world of the Jews which was destroyed twice,

And why was they destroyed..... twice?

1 Corinthians 1:20,

Indeed, GOD made the once wise ,foolish. Just like GOD hardened the heart of Pharaoh. Who knows what Pharaoh would have done had GOD not made him stubborn?

2 Corinthians 7:10;

Yes this will be GOD again. Simply saying be sorry to him only and repent and not those that you may have harmed on earth. Yes GOD can excuse himself for anything can't he, without regret. Indeed, human life is cheap to god as displayed in many places in those versions of the bible that you mention. Job being a prime example.

James 4:4

I find it funny that GOD again tells us how much he loved the earth but tells us not to love it.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
And you may well die but it won't be because you don't pledge allegiance to anything. It'll be because your own life is on the line or the lives of your loved ones. 
That sort of goies without saying, doesn't it? 

So you belong to the corrupted world of both these bible characters? Corrupted by one of his own creations.
What? Not being part of the world means that you are not an active participant in the corruption. Uh - let's put it in a way perhaps easier for you to understand. Not all politicians are corrupt, but the system is. The ones not corrupt don't do the corrupt stuff. Pretty simple.  So, we are all a part of the system, the world we live in. We have to be. But we don't have to actively participate in the corruption or look to the corruption as a sustainable solution to our problems. It isn't a battle of good against evil because we are all evil, but we try as much as we can - and fail. We can't do otherwise. But we can look towards a better solution not of our origin. Salvation. 

Why? Faithlessness, I suppose. The flood occured because the world of Noah's day had become so corrupt it couldn't survive. It was self-destructing in a way more rapidly than it would have if it would have without the presence and influence of the Nephilim. Jerusalem was destroyed twice. First by the Babylonians and then the Romans. 

Indeed, GOD made the once wise ,foolish. Just like GOD hardened the heart of Pharaoh. Who knows what Pharaoh would have done had GOD not made him stubborn?
I think it would be safe for me to say that you don't really understand what you are criticizing. Saul, for example. You can't understand why God was, in a sense, responsible for his going nuts. Because God took his spirit from him. Begging the question what does the word spirit mean? How does it work? What happens when it's taken away? You can't really effectively argue something you don't understand by equivocating knowledge of it with absurdity.  1 Corinthians 1:20

Yes GOD can excuse himself for anything can't he, without regret. 2 Corinthians 7:10.  
Uh, I don't know, give me some examples. The Hebrew word Israel means to wrestle, contend, grapple with God and thus find salvation. Jacob, for example. (Genesis 32:28) That's sort of what you are doing, no? 

Indeed, human life is cheap to god as displayed in many places in those versions of the bible that you mention. Job being a prime example.
Life is sacred. Sacred means it belongs to God. On the other hand, to him, we are like grasshoppers. How does that make you feel? How do you think of grasshoppers or insects? From your perspective. (Isaiah 40:22)

I find it funny that GOD again tells us how much he loved the earth but tells us not to love it.
James 4:4 Tell me, according to the Bible, the difference between the earth and the world. I think that in order to do that effectively you have to not be an embittered ideologue. Just my two cents. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
That sort of goies without saying, doesn't it? 

Then if there is a war in your country you would be fighting for you and yours to exist within that country.. You just won't face your own contradiction.

What? Not being part of the world means that you are not an active participant in the corruption.
I asked you then what "world" do you belong to? You replied - "The world of Adam, the world of Noah which was destroyed," #11

That "world" was corrupted by one of gods own at the very dawn of mankind by one of god's own, if the bible is to be believed.

we are all a part of the system, the world we live in. We have to be.

Indeed, but you have been denying this and telling us that "like Jesus you don't belong to this world".#7  Let me tell you, Jesus was very much part of this world, he wasn't a god nor was he a literal "son of  a god", he was son of god in title only as were other biblical characters.

But we don't have to actively participate in the corruption or look to the corruption as a sustainable solution to our problems.
"Actively" depends on the circumstances. You pay or have paid taxes to a "corrupt" system all your working life and still do. You buy petrol/gasoline to get about, you buy groceries to feed you and yours and all taxable to the "corrupt system".  As I said, you may well wish not to be part of the system of this "world" But you like the rest us and as Jesus was you are very much part of it.

It isn't a battle of good against evil because we are all evil, but we try as much as we can - and fail.
That is opinion.

We can't do otherwise. But we can look towards a better solution not of our origin. Salvation. 
Who said?  Jesus? Does god himself ever offer "salvation"?

the world of the Jews which was destroyed twice,

Why? Faithlessness, I suppose.

There were no Jews in Noah's day. And it's debateable if he was Hebrew. Noah was from Mesopotamia and the Adam originated from there too although not created there.

The flood occured because the world of Noah's day had become so corrupt it couldn't survive. It was self-destructing in a way more rapidly than it would have if it would have without the presence and influence of the Nephilim.

Yes the Nephilim, otherwise know as "the sons of god".  Do you not see a pattern emerging here?   

Jerusalem was destroyed twice. First by the Babylonians and then the Romans. 

And you believe this was gods doing , for the sins of the Israelites, do you?

I think it would be safe for me to say that you don't really understand what you are criticizing.
 I believe that I do.

Indeed, human life is cheap to god as displayed in many places in those versions of the bible that you mention. Job being a prime example.
Life is sacred. Sacred means it belongs to God. On the other hand, to him, we are like grasshoppers. How does that make you feel? How do you think of grasshoppers or insects? From your perspective. (Isaiah 40:22)
So "sacred" that he murdered innocent men women and children at the drop of a hat. There are far too many examples to list here. The biblical god kills for no reason. But then you only subscribe to parts of the bible don't you?

James 4:4 Tell me, according to the Bible, the difference between the earth and the world.
I think that in order to do that effectively you have to not be an embittered ideologue. Just my two cents. 
You are more than welcome to put in your 2cents worth, And I shall get back to you on that. And I am not at all "embittered".

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
Then if there is a war in your country you would be fighting for you and yours to exist within that country.
No. I wouldn't. Vengeance belongs to who? Not mine. You know? If there was a war in my country I would die before killing anyone for any reason. Deus Vult doesn't fly with me. God isn't on my side, nor am I needed on his. Satan offered Jesus all nations of all time. They were Satan's to offer. Satin is the God of this world. (2 Corinthians 4:4)

Let's say another country comes to war with mine, a "Christian" nation. "Christian" soldiers. Do they kill one another for God and country? For freedom or democracy? Let's say my country goes to war with God at Armageddon. Do I go? No. The Bible wasn't written for us, it was written for those in another time and place under different circumstances. It's only useful to us as an example.

I asked you then what "world" do you belong to? You replied - "The world of Adam, the world of Noah which was destroyed," #11

That "world" was corrupted by one of gods own at the very dawn of mankind by one of god's own, if the bible is to be believed.
Who else would it have been corrupted by? 

Indeed, but you have been denying this and telling us that "like Jesus you don't belong to this world".#7  Let me tell you, Jesus was very much part of this world, he wasn't a god nor was he a literal "son of  a god", he was son of god in title only as were other biblical characters.
I've explained this. I hear your opinion. You've heard mine.

Who said?  Jesus? Does god himself ever offer "salvation"?
Jehovah does, of course.

There were no Jews in Noah's day. And it's debateable if he was Hebrew. Noah was from Mesopotamia and the Adam originated from there too although not created there.
In 539 BCE (some say 537_) Jerusalem was destroyed by the Babylonians. In 70 CE Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans .  Prior to that, the world on a more massive scale, in a general sense, was destroyed in the deluge of Noah's day. 

Yes the Nephilim, otherwise know as "the sons of god".  Do you not see a pattern emerging here? 
I've seen it. All the people, all the spirit beings, are "sons of god." 

And you believe this was gods doing , for the sins of the Israelites, do you?
Do you not? 

I believe that I do.
Okay.