Orthodox Jewish settlers in Palestine

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 3
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
The left: "Orthodox Jews are illegal settlers".

Me: I prefer the term, "Undocumented immigrant". No human being is illegal, including Orthodox Jews.  The left wants to kick out certain white people from brown countries and the right wants to kick out certain brown people from white countries.  I prefer letting people live in whatever city they want, whether it's a brown Guatemalan in Texas or a White Hasidic living in the West Bank.  There should be international freedom of movement.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
The global recognition, that perceivable differences and ideological beliefs always play second fiddle to peace and harmony.

Utopia hey?

There's dreaming.

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
Well on the surface you have a point, but what they are really mad about is their belief (which as far as I can tell is incorrect) that Israel drove off everyone before setting up settlements.

In reality they fled because they did not want to live under Israeli law. That's also why anyone in Gaza is suffering right now. There is absolutely no way 80% of houses are destroyed. They left the houses because they might be destroyed and they might be destroyed because Israel has a better idea of where Hamas is than Hamas or the locals do.