-->
@Moozer325
creationism is superior because it is parsimonious
Moozer325
Debates: 6
Moozer325
-->
@3RU7AL
A quick google told me that “parsimonious” is basically equivalent to Occam’s razor. Correct me if I’m wrong. If that is what you meant, first, how is creationism the simplest explanation? (This is a genuine question, sorry if It came of a sarcastic). Second, if you are right, it’s Occam’s Razor versus tons of scientific evidence, so you tell me who wins. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Moozer325
A quick google told me that “parsimonious” is basically equivalent to Occam’s razor. Correct me if I’m wrong. If that is what you meant, first, how is creationism the simplest explanation? (This is a genuine question, sorry if It came of a sarcastic). Second, if you are right, it’s Occam’s Razor versus tons of scientific evidence, so you tell me who wins. 
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
Anything is superior to biblical creationism.

A more serious and fun debate would be evolutionism vs panspermia, for example.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@3RU7AL
Honestly, that was a really funny video. I couldn't tell if it was being sarcastic or not, I think it was? Anyways, if it wasn't sarcastic, it said some things about questions that just don't have an answer, and God can explain those questions. It kind of makes sense, but science can come up with a better way to answer them, if you just give it time. The video talked about them not knowing what caused the rain, and thus, God did it, but given a little time, science discovered the water cycle, which is actually proven, and not just made up to explain something we don't know. Same goes for evolution. IDK if I'm taking this too seriously tho.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Moozer325
Honestly, that was a really funny video.

some (if not most) people prefer simple explanations

so, when you say "better alternative"

perhaps you could be slightly more specific
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@3RU7AL
Well, even if you prefer the simpler explanation, sometime, it’s the more complicated one. Take earthquakes for example. If the ground suddenly shook without warning, you would probably assume something simple, like it was god who was mad at me. But now we know about tectonic plates and all that stuff. The god thing was simpler, but it wasn’t correct.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Moozer325
The god thing was simpler, but it wasn’t correct.
i'm not sure plate tectonics proves or disproves the wrath of god
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
"Observation is essential in science. Scientists use observation to collect and record data, which enables them to develop and then test hypotheses and theories. " - Science Learning Hub

The theory of evolution, though rooted in the ancient Greek philosophy of Aristotle, Empedocles, Anaxagoras and Anaximander, became a failed metaphysical experiment based on the racism popularized by eugenics during the industrial revolutions in order for academia to usurp the authority of the apostate "Christian" church.

With steam, coal and oil powered engines international travel became more accessible, and to the prudes of that time, who literally would cover the legs of pianos, the Chimpanzees from abroad, especially when dressed in clothes, were adorably humanesque. Theory after theory was created designed to make dark skinned peoples appear apelike. 

Microevolution is supported by the Bible and observable. Macro evolution isn't in accordance with the Bible and has never been observed. Creationism is nonsensical apostate theology that has little to do with the accurate understanding of the Bible. 

In conclusion, both evolutionism and creationism are stupid. Not surprisingly so well received. 

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@RaymondSheen
Genuine question, if not creationism or evolution, what would you say is the best explanation of how life originated on our planet?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Moozer325
The Bible. Creationists aren't particularly adept at representing the creation account of the Bible. 
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@RaymondSheen
I thought that's what I meant by "creationism", but enlighten me as to the difference.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Moozer325
Okay. The difference is pretty obvious. You know how when you see a dog food commercial and it says a slogan like "Science did that!" to sell you dog food? Same thing.  
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
Macro evolution isn't in accordance with the Bible and has never been observed.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Iwould like to propose another way of looking at the theory of Evolution.

First, lets recognize that the "mechanism" Darwin proposed is a tautology. Survival ofthe fittest really says that in hindsight, the survivors survived...ok...nogreat shakes there.

But what was Darwin'sreal accomplishment?

At a point in time when Science was at its peak of materialistic anddeterministic hubris, Darwin applied the scientific method to life...and here is what he found.

1) That life was contingent. Contingent upon the rest of creation, its growthand development was a mysterious interplay between nature and nurture, betweenthe individual and the environment, between the part and the whole. Heproclaimed all of life to be a unity and stated that in time and space we areall interconnected to each other and to everything.

2) That life was probabilistic; consequently, it was not deterministic.Darwinian evolution has no predictive quality, life is open ended, withinfinite possibility, and its history shows endless variety.

3) That all of life is one life. He demonstrated that all life is interconnected;all life is related to each other and to the rest of the world. In time, hedemonstrated that all life had descended (ascended would have been a betterword) from one initial instance of life. He did not explain away the mystery oflife, to date science has not even touched upon the mystery of life.

Darwin, byapplying the scientific method, rigorously and in a comprehensive way, to life,determined that life was contingent, probabilistic, and constitutes a unity. Heput science to Genesis, in no way contradicting it in word or in spirit. Hecorrelated the facts of science to the overriding image provided by theology.

This was at the peak of Science'sdeterministic and materialistic arrogance, and in one fell swoop he turnedscience around, he changed the direction of Science's journey so to speak.Somewhere along the line, the prodigal son of Science had diverged and now,with centuries of new knowledge and experiences under its belt, it had turnedback around and begun a journey down a path that would someday intersect andconverge with the original path.

Weshall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
T.S. Eliot

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Moozer325
Evolution offers a better alternative to bible creationism. Let’s just have a fun debate
Okay.  My premise is that there is no alternative to Bible Creationism. Hence, it is not possible for evolution to offer a better alternative, since it is not yet established as an alternative. 

16 days later

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
@Moozer325
Creation followed by a prolonged period of evolution seems pretty logical.

More logical than the  Middle Eastern Magic Bloke hypothesis...The one where he knocked everything together in 6 days.