Mahabharata Mafia DP3

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 58
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
Lynched DP1:

Savant - Karna - You are the son of Surya Deva. Everyone thought you were the son of a charioteer, but in reality, you were the eldest brother of the Pandavas. Even after finding this out, you decided to fight for the Kauravas because Duryodhana was the only one who respected you and called you a friend by gifting you the Kingdom of Anga. Your duty to your friends was greater than your duty to dharma which ended up being your cause of defeat. Even though you knew you were the son of Kunti, you successfully kept this information hidden from everyone and quietly kept fighting for the Duryodhana, eventually being defeated by Arjuna. Because of the fact you were a Pandava yet fought for the Kauravas and kept this status hidden from everyone, you are the Odd Night Godfather/Even Night Ninja. On odd nights, you will appear as innocent to all investigations. On even nights, if you conduct the factional night kill, it will not show up on any watcher, tracker, voyeur, etc reports. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP1:

Earth - Bhima - Recognizing Dronacharya's unmatched skills as a warrior and his unwavering loyalty to his beloved son, Ashwatthama, you devised a clever plan to exploit his affection and trust. Knowing that Dronacharya's love for his son was his greatest weakness, you, along with your brothers and Krishna, conspired to create a deceptive illusion. Krishna instructed Yudhishthira to falsely announce Ashwatthama's death, accompanied by the elephant's name, to confuse Dronacharya. As the war raged on, you engaged Dronacharya in combat, but despite your formidable strength, you realized that defeating him in a fair fight would be nearly impossible. Seizing the opportunity presented by Krishna's plan, you proclaimed loudly that "Ashwatthama is dead!" Your voice was drowned out by the sounds of war, but Dronacharya caught the words and approached Yudhishthira to confirm the news. Yudhishthira, bound by his adherence to truth, affirmed the statement but muttered "the elephant" under his breath, ensuring that Dronacharya only heard part of the truth.Filled with grief and disbelief, Dronacharya's resolve wavered, and he lost the will to fight. Taking advantage of the situation, you, along with your brothers, launched a fierce attack on Dronacharya, overwhelming him with sheer force and numbers. In his moment of vulnerability, Dhristadyumna struck him down. Though your actions may be considered deceitful, they were driven by the necessity of war and the desire to achieve victory against a formidable opponent. Thus, you are the Deceiver. Each night you may target a player. If that player dies sometime before the next night phase, they will be revealed as any other currently living player (randomly chosen at the time of death). This can only happen once in the game. You win with the Town.

——————————————————

Lynched DP2:

Barney - Shikhandi - In your previous life as Amba, the eldest daughter of the king of Kashi, you were abducted by Bhishma, who intended to marry you to his half-brother Vichitravirya, who rejected you because you were in love with another prince. After you were released to your lover, your lover rejected you because you had been pledged to Vichitravirya. As a last resort, you asked Bhishma to be your husband, but Bhishma, bound by his vow of celibacy and loyalty to his kingdom, couldn't fulfill your wish. Feeling rejected and seeking revenge for her life being destroyed by Bhishma, you performed rigorous penance to Lord Shiva, who granted you a boon to be the cause of Bhishma's death.You were then reborn as Shikhandini, the daughter of King Drupada. During the Kurukshetra war, you wanted to fight but could not because you were a woman. Luckily, you were later transformed into a man through a divine boon granted by a Yaksha. Knowing Bhishma's vow not to fight women (done because of you), the Pandavas strategically placed you (now Shikhandi) in front of Arjuna during battle. Bhishma, respecting his vow, refused to attack Shikhandi, which allowed Arjuna to engage him in combat. With Shikhandi as a shield, Arjuna was able to pierce Bhishma with arrows, leading to his downfall. Thus, Shikhandi's past life vendetta and rebirth as a man were instrumental in Bhishma's defeat, fulfilling the prophecy and Amba's desire for vengeance. For this reason, you are the Compulsive Decoy. Each night, you must target a player to perform a "fake" night action that does nothing except register to any movement tracking roles i.e. Trackers, Watchers, Voyeurs, etc.. You win with the Town.

Died NP2:

Vader - Ghatotkach - Your tragic fate was sealed during the Kurukshetra war. Knowing the powers of his son, Bhima called upon you to engage in battle against the Kaurava forces. You fought valiantly and wreaked havoc on the enemy ranks, but ultimately fell victim to the tactics of Karna. Karna, realizing the threat posed by Ghatotkacha, used the divine weapon, Vasavi Shakti, to slay you. Ghatotkacha's sacrifice was significant in weakening the Kaurava army, but it came at the cost of his own life. Unbeknownst to you though, Vasudev Krishna had planned this in the first place. The Shakti was the only weapon Karna had that could defeat Arjuna, and with its single usage here, Arjuna was safe. Essentially, you were a victim of Krishna’s plan. Thus, you are the Victim. Each night, you may target another player. If that player performs a negative action (feel free to ask me about roles that count as negative vs positive) on anyone that night, it will be redirected onto you. The mafia faction kill cannot be redirected by you. You win with the Town.

——————————————————

Remaining Players:

1. Austin
2. Whiteflame
3. Lunatic
4. Moozer
5. JoeBob

With 5 players remaining, it takes 3 votes to achieve a lynch. The day phase will end in 72 hours on May 27, 2024 at 7:30pm CST.

Blind people galore
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
@Moozer325
DP is up
JoeBob
JoeBob
Second
JoeBob
JoeBob
HERYE HERYE, I HAVE NEWS, IMPORTANT NEWS
JoeBob
JoeBob
I tracked moozer and my action failed.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I protected joebob last night. Supa was supposed to protect joebob last night. I don't know if he actually did or not. I have to ask pie some questions about how my role works with the victim role, because if joebob was the target he should have been protected, unless the victim role took priority. Unless supa targeted someone else.

Joebob results?
Lunatic
Lunatic
I think joebob is town. I wasn't roleblocked last night, but np1 I was told my action failed.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I think whiteflame is last scum by POE. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Wait I'm really confused. Give me a sec to figure out how this might have happened.
JoeBob
JoeBob
wouldn’t this mean that moozer is ascetic?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Wait a second. Vaders kill only would have been redirected if the player performed a NEGATIVE action. Joebob wouldnt count as a negative would he?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
??? Not exactly sure what you mean, you might be misinterpreting Vader's role
Lunatic
Lunatic
The mafia faction kill cannot be redirected by you. 
Nvm
Lunatic
Lunatic
So vader was intentionally targeted. That makes more sense. For some reason I thought he had the kill redirected to him. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
wouldn’t this mean that moozer is ascetic?
explain?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
If you believe that fullclaiming your role at this point will help town, please do so.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Ok I'm trying to reconstruct night actions.

Joebob: Tracked Moozer (no result)

Vader: Targeted Joebob?

Lunatic: Targeted Joebob

Moozer: Unknown, waiting for claim (I fricking swear if he claims he commuted I'm lynching him on the spot)

Whiteflame: Unknown, waiting for claim

Austin: none

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
well cuz if my action failed wouldn’t that mean he’s ascetic? Or would that mean he just didn’t do anything’s.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
I VIP’d Moozer
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Alright, so two things to solve. How and why did Vader die, and what happened to Joebob's result?

-So the Victim ability can't redirect kills.
-So Vader must've been directly targeted, unless Luna's role functions as some sort of weird indirect bodyguard
-The pool of "clears" was Luna, Vader, Joebob, and Austin (myself)
-It makes sense they wouldn't kill Austin, since the role is already spent, as well as Joebob, since he was being protected
-Presumably they have no ability to bypass protection.
-Why not kill Luna then?
-That's what I don't get. Oh well...

and to Joebob's result:

-Joebob is confirmed town (I am not hearing otherwise)
-He was either roleblocked, or Moozer is an Ascetic or commuted.
-The former seems more likely, in view of Luna claiming he got roleblocked NP1.
-Why not roleblock Luna and then kill Joebob though?????
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob
well cuz if my action failed wouldn’t that mean he’s ascetic? Or would that mean he just didn’t do anything’s
It means your role was somehow prevented. Since Luna was RB’d last DP, I assume that you were RB’d, rather than your target being Ascetic, at least it’s not the most likely explanation.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
Action Failed can mean a variety of things. Generally, it occurs for four main reasons:

-Roleblocker
-Rolestopper
-Commuter
-Ascetic

I am unaware of any other non-exotic role (although Pie is certainly the type to put one in there) that could cause that.

whiteflame
whiteflame
Anyway, I’m hosting a dinner party, could only post a couple of times. I’ll be back in an hour.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
That does seem likely.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I think we have this game solved, honestly. I'm clear by my role. Joebob's clear by his role. Luna's clear by hammering a claimed Super Saint. I guess he could've theoretically rolecopped me, but the genuine emotion you could feel bleeding into his posts during DP2 feels like wayyyy too much effort if he knew that he could just hammer me and get it over with.

The question now is what order we lynch whiteflame and Moozer in. Open to suggestions there.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Just remembered that since my VIP went through, it’s confirmed he’s not Ascetic. Last thought for now. Wife’s pissed I’m on my phone.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Lol, have fun
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Moozer325
Fullclaim your visits on NP1 and NP2 please.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
If you believe that fullclaiming your role at this point will help town, please do so.
There will be no point in the game where full claiming my role more than I have already will be more helpful to town. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
well cuz if my action failed wouldn’t that mean he’s ascetic? Or would that mean he just didn’t do anything’s.
Pretty sure its a roleblocker mate, I received the same message np1.