The deluge

Author: ronjs

Total: 26
ronjs
Debates: 0
ronjs
So it seems that most sceptics don't  have a clue about what evidence a worldwide flood would cause, they just assert that there is none,. This doesn't seem like a very scientific approach to me.  
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Oh look a world flood topic. So glad to see one since they never come up. Thanks. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@ronjs
Still waiting for bully's evidence........
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
A friend of mine is really crazy about Kent Hovind. I'm pretty sure that guy has lectured on it, and has presented a lot of maybe evidence.

I don't know. I remember him being interesting in that he presents a side of the argument that at least gets you to wonder a little bit more about things.

I can't really vouch for the accuracy of anything he talks about, but I can say that I am pretty sure he touches this subject.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I've watched a lot of Kent Hovind. I personally like the guy, I like his personality. I don't believe half of what he says though.

edit: he is genuine though. HE definitely believes what he is saying.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ronjs
If there was a world wide flood,  how do you explain the large numbers of animals that seemed to of survived it  ? 

It seems like no species of animals were wiped out. No mass extinction. 
Explain how this could be possible. ?

Has a mass extinction ever occurred ? 

Oh and  Make it sound scientific.   

janesix
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
What happened to many species over 100 pounds, the megafauna? You know, saber toothed cats, mammoths, etc. 

Nevermind, we ATE THEM ALL lol

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@janesix
Why does god bother making animals that go extinct. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Does God make animals?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Why does god bother making animals that go extinct. 

That depends, many species have gone extinct in our world due to humanity and the growing demand, poaching ect. But yes, creation does take right turns and left turns. God is learning while creating, perhaps for a very long time and sometimes the Creator will put a stop to a certain process. The dinosaurs obviously was the latter, making way for humans to evolve, giant reptiles get old after a while. Fun though, God is no more a child creating than anyone else, it's also something that is fun not just one dimensional....dinosaurs had to go for humans to inhabit the earth, dinosaurs were also used to predict earth atmosphere and conditions based on their responses... The Creator uses lower life forms to acclimate to each environment, then builds a higher order of experience. 
When you leave this body and planet you will see how much higher evolved it is than here. This is the wild wild west of creation, this is the part of creation where things are still being examined and proposed, kind of like a lab lol. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
If there was a world wide flood,  how do you explain the large numbers of animals that seemed to of survived it
They were safe in the ark.

Oh, and make it sound scientific.  
It was a big ark.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@EtrnlVw
Hi mate. 

did god build , create dinosaurs and meteorites / asteroids. 
Does he talk of them " coming together " ?

Did god make our moon ? 

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@ronjs
The evidence of a worldwide is mostly exactly the same as the evidence for a local flood, Except global.

For example:

Flood detritus, rocks and sediment, including unsorted layers of dead animals covering the entire globe. Silt, sediment and water bound mineral penetration of all similar ages layers over the entire globe. Historical evidence of every recorded civilization alive at the time being wiped out, with various ancient cities showing evidence of flooding and water damage.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Hi mate. 

did god build , create dinosaurs and meteorites / asteroids. 
Does he talk of them " coming together " ?

Meteorites and asteroids are just pieces of space material and debris, space material is created and used for building planets and yes, believe it or not for destroying life on planets if the need arises. 
Yes God forms embodiments through a process of evolution including the dinosaurs. 

Did god make our moon ? 

All stars, moons and planets are formed and positioned by the Creator. Of course the moon being positioned to give us a bit of reflective shine at night. Cozy ain't it?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
PLACEMENT.

god makes a grizzly bear a polar bear and a panda to name but a few. 
Then comes to  placing the bears on the board. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
god makes a grizzly bear a polar bear and a panda to name but a few. 
Then comes to  placing the bears on the board. 

Other way around. The board first, then come all the players. Actually, the anatomy of each creature is designed to withstand its own environment, but it takes a long, long time for that embodiment to fully develop to where it is now. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
Like I said, get an education and read, it's even simple enough for you.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ronjs
Most of us know exactly, you are the one who wallows in ignorance and refuses to educate yourself.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@ronjs
You have to ask 'if the flood story wasn't in the bible, what in the world would make anyone think there had been a deluge?'
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
You believe Noah's Ark story? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
Haha, we were talking about something else entirely. I'm still looking at both sides of the flood argument since people are so serious about it. I have no problem with a literal or figurative narrative. Or even what some people refer to as a "partial" flood. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yeah... as for a flood, i'm sure many have happened. A worldwide flood, i doubt but i guess it isn't impossible. But a guy that put every animal on a boat that he created and sustained them throughout a flood... is delusional. 
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
There aren't two sides to that fantasy. There never was a world flood deeper than Mt Everest is high. Where's the water.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If there was a world wide flood all the animals would of died. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ronjs
The area near the "fertile crescent" where the Tigress and Euphrates rivers split, is the historical setting for the adventures of Gilgamesh and the Jewish "Garden of Eden".  Being stuck between two rivers would seem to make your villages vulnerable to occasional flooding.

Ok, so when Enki (a.k.a. EA, the god of water, knowledge, and creation) tells Utnapishtim (Noah) to demolish his house and build a boat to save his family from the super top secret scheduled flood, THIS IS HISTORICAL FACT.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
The evidence of a worldwide is mostly exactly the same as the evidence for a local flood, Except global.

For example:

Flood detritus, rocks and sediment, including unsorted layers of dead animals covering the entire globe. Silt, sediment and water bound mineral penetration of all similar ages layers over the entire globe. Historical evidence of every recorded civilization alive at the time being wiped out, with various ancient cities showing evidence of flooding and water damage.
Well stated.