Peter Strzok: a Lesson in Misguided Politics

Author: 1harderthanyouthink

Total: 7
1harderthanyouthink
Debates: 0
1harderthanyouthink
As those familiar with United States politics may know, FBI agent Peter Strzok, who was with the Bureau for over 20 years, was fired recently over text messages he had sent over President Trump. Regardless of what I think about whether or not he should have been fired, or been given a demotion and suspension as had been suggested internally, Strzok's actions and the outpouring of #Resistance support for him are a good lesson in misguided politics.

Strzok, as a veteran FBI official, had no reason to double down on his texts that indicated a bias against someone he was investigating. Robert Mueller even distanced himself from Strzok as a result of the scandal, because Mueller knew Strzok was fighting a losing battle. The FBI's investigative power is only feasibly granted when the FBI maintains a public front of truth and non-bias. The firing of Strzok, whether pressured by the Trump administration or not, should not come as an absolute surprise.

Then comes the response to the firing. Strzok has a GoFundMe for legal fees and lost income, which has gotten $400,000 over the past couple days. In a country where there are millions of causes more in need of money than a 20-plus year veteran of the FBI, who I assume has been well paid, this sort of outpouring screams of Trump derangement. There are better ways to waste money, and better problems with the Trump administration to address.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
The FBI had to fire him to attempt to give a semblance of integrity to the Russian investigation. 
With_all_humility
With_all_humility
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Peter Strzok's GoFundMe account is an indication of how much some people dislike Trump.  Which is sad, whether you like President Trump or not, those in the law enforcement and the justice department have to remain impartial in everything they do.  Strzok's arrogance and bias had no business in this Nation's top law enforcement agency.  The men and women of the FBI are to held to a higher standard than the average person.

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@With_all_humility
Do you really think there is no bias in law enforcement, that seems absurdly naive.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
it's probably funded by tax dollars anyway.
With_all_humility
With_all_humility
-->
@vagabond
No that's not what I was implying.  But when your server at that level the expectations are higher and those individuals know better.  I've been in the military for 28 years now.  I am expected to show no bias towards my troops, religious preference, or political affiliation.  For fear of perceptions of lower ranking individuals.  

Now if I'm held to a higher standard.  I know for sure the Deputy Director of the FBI is.  Also, if bias towards a defendant ever gets out, the defense attorney would have a hay day with that and the government's witness would then be compromised.    

Back to your inference.  Yes everybody has some level of bias, but most are not a blatant as Peter Strzok.  Either he was extremely arrogant, or he was an idiot for all of those text messages on a government device.  

My government issued phone says right on it that it is being monitored by the military.  That I have no privacy when using it.

DBlaze
DBlaze
Directly from his Go Fund Me Page.

"Peter Strzok is a proud husband and father, a veteran of the U.S. Army and counterintelligence Special Agent who spent more than two decades in a job he loved at the FBI."

If he is such a proud husband, tell me why he was cheating on his wife with a fellow FBI agent?  If he wasn't cheating, none of this would have happened.  Maybe he was just saying that he would stop Trump to impress her and get her into bed, but really planned on being impartial.... or maybe he actually did intend to ruin his candidacy, and maybe he actually did have an insurance or contingency plan if Trump were elected, which clearly did not work.  Either way, it is no excuse to behave the way that he did, and he definitely should have known better. 

He should have been fired long ago with the rest of the group.  

I hope these Gofundme donors actually did some research.