When this site was first created I had high hopes for it but it seem like not many new people joined at all. The topics are Kinda boring and it’s not as interesting as DDO was nor do I think it will ever be. Can any one recommend some good site to join to chat and discuss thing? I just wanna join a place that more active.
Who uses other site? I am Bored with this one
I recently joined a site that has far more activity than here. It isn’t a debate site as such, but people use the Q&A and “stories” section to discuss various topics. I like it because it is casual. Moreover, I’ve met some interesting individuals there.
That sound intriguing. Can You give me the name of this site? Also what your username there if you don’t mine me asking?
It’s called SimilarWorlds, and my username is exotically.
Oh you have alot of followers LOL
Buddy, I'd permaban you for doing this if I ran the site. Stop whining and advertising other sites here. Do you go to McDonald's to talk about how great KFC is in a public manner?
Proof that RM is a crybaby
I see this need another bump
Patience, padawan. There is only one guy working on this site in his spare time.
I explored other sites before coming here but found nothing that really hit my Goldilocks zone. You could try Debate Island. I never could get past the unattractive layout, though.
This site is never going to go anywhere. Unless the owner sells it to someone who knows how to run a site.
I am open to any suggestions how to run it better.
There is only one guy working on this site in his spare time.
Exactly and not only that, but the debating subject is something really specific and not a lot of people are into things like that.
For example, there is this website called Kialo, I believe this is a good try to monetize this field and I am not sure if they are doing that great, considering that they have spent like 5 years of development with a bunch of highly paid Germany based developers, designers, marketing people and etc. They probably have some income to keep going but I am not sure if it's really that great. Maybe I am wrong though, I don't know.
Most humans are fucking vile sheep who need to be put in their place. They don't think for themselves, don't want to reasons with their own ideas and paths of logic and will never invent a new concept, item or anything really in their life.
These are the maintenance-humans and comprise around 89% of our populace. Among them I'd say 4 of the 89% are smart enough to be brilliant engineers, brilliant doctors and such. They won't break anything other than efficiency-records and impress only in that sense. Out of the remaining 11% we begin to get smart motherfuckers and out of them is a variety. You get the creative geniuses, the pure speed-of-thought geniuses, the depth-of-logic-pathing geniuses and finally the communicator geniuses who can articulate complex ideas in ways the simpleton 85% can understand.
This is the secret truth. This is by design. Most of the said 11% will be too clever, too introverted or too socially inept to reproduce and even then you need to realise it's less likely their own partner will be genius-like so it lowers the probability of a born genius immensely but it isn't reducing over time, it's fairly consistently that exact percent. The reason is there's enough good-luck in the gene-pool of ordinaries fucking ordinaries that the upper-end of the 89% or even, say the upper-end of the lower 60% of humans intellectually, ends up being able to produce DNA of a genius brain and raise a genius by weird upbringing that sprouts revolutionaries. It happens often enough to cancel out the lack of geniuses reproducing with geniuses.
Only some of the 11% will like debating and only they will truly enjoy it. I am one of them and so is blamonkey. Logical-Master is borderline. The rest of this site is the 89% at best and more like the 85% in all honesty. We could put Thett3, Mikal (from DDO) and YYW in the upper-end of the 89% but none have raw genius to make new ideas, rather they are in a pocket of 4% of humans who are uninventive but very efficient in how they comprehend and use things.
Actually whiteflame is likely higher than me on the scaling and one of the biggest geniuses of humans alive today.
You are so humble mate ^_^
Jesus. You really can't see past your ego, can you?
I don't like RM either.
Have you considered your local bar?When this site was first created I had high hopes for it but it seem like not many new people joined at all. The topics are Kinda boring and it’s not as interesting as DDO was nor do I think it will ever be. Can any one recommend some good site to join to chat and discuss thing? I just wanna join a place that more active.
i think all sites like this are much the same. 90% of posts are made by a handful of regulars and it all gets very predictable. I reckon its possible to predict what any given poster will say with fair accuracy after awhile.
9 days later
I am open to any suggestions how to run it better.
There is plenty you can do if you're sincere about that, there are many tried and true methods and strategies, it all depends on what exactly you want from this site and where you want it to go.
Give me an exampleThere is plenty you can do if you're sincere about that, there are many tried and true methods and strategies, it all depends on what exactly you want from this site and where you want it to go.
Give me an example
Don't pay attention to this old man, he never contributes to this forum. He's just a troll so I suggest you to put an eye on him and then ban him forever.
I also suggest you to consider the system of "likes" for each post, like in facebook. It would be interesting to know how popular is a poster and each one of his posts. The more likes a poster has, the better his posts are. Besides, people always love to see "likes" on their posts, so in this way they will make much effort to write better posts, and eventually the forum will get better.
Don't forget to allow images and video links in a post. If you think images and videos will overwhelm the forum, put them in hidden frames so if someone wants to see it, suffice to click on the "maximise" button to unfold it.
Yeah I know, I have a huge ton of things to implement :) I only wish I had more time, especially in this month with the whole moving and some other things :/
One step a time, I refer you back to the Attracting People thread in which you need to think about what you want from this forum, where it's going and what kind of people you want to attract.
For example, the response above from Il Diavola, a completely unprovoked attack on me from someone who believes "Likes" are equivalent to intelligence, then goes on to ask about adding pics and vids, not understanding in the least the cost of incorporating such a feature.
Is this the kind of folks you're looking to attract?
As well, it doesn't matter how much you're implementing, that's not going to help the exodus of people leaving the site. You may want to put that on hold for a while until you figure out what you want here, as you'll soon be implementing options and features to a very small handful of members.
There is not much what can be done to control the kind of people that the website has. Unless I prevent people from signing up until they send me a copy of their PhD paper or something. This is internet.
I do know that people are leaving but I don't think it's because of the fact that we don't have some explicit goal or statement, I think it's simply because this website is a niche one and with very limited number of things to do here, at least at this point. If we had more things to keep people interested, I don't think this problem would still exist, it's simple as that.