Music with no composer.

Author: secularmerlin ,

Total: 28
zedvictor4
Debates: 19
zedvictor4
--> @Intelligence_06
OK.

But as I see it A.I. is independent intelligence.

So to write a code to mimic, is to programme........And therefore, neither intelligent in it's own right, nor independent.

I was questioning whether a wholly independently evolved technological A.I. would regard variable sound waves as music either pleasant or unpleasant, or just as another electronic signal to be logically interpreted.

And music to ones ears is sound, which we then convert to noise.....Which for sure, we may or may not regard as music.

Nonetheless, a humans basic appreciation of musical sound, is no more or less this process.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 89
Intelligence_06
--> @zedvictor4
I was questioning whether a wholly independently evolved technological A.I. would regard variable sound waves as music either pleasant or unpleasant, or just as another electronic signal to be logically interpreted.
That would induce logical errors, not run-time errors. The code can run, but not in the way it is supposed to. I would think that an AI who is insanely good at mimicking some noises can be, I don't know, repurposed? Either way, we can use machine learning and generations to just make the code generate more sounds that sound like music and less that sounds like non-music.

But checking and evaluating whether each sound is music or not still need code or AI, or it takes huge amounts of cultured people from all cultures to determine what this is. You would have seconds from a machine generating a soundwave, and days of asking people and collecting data regarding whether this is music or not, and what genre if it is music.

zedvictor4
Debates: 19
zedvictor4
--> @Intelligence_06
Are we not programmed?

Reasonably so I suppose, but you are still finding it difficult to separate the human from the Alternative Intelligence.

I'm pretty sure that eventually Another Intelligence, wholly independent of it's initiators, will evolve.

As for reproducing/mimicking sounds, I would suggest that independent organic organisms do just that.

Essentially inputting, assessing and outputting data, utilising an onboard electrochemically powered organic computer, to recreate and output sound.

Not a million miles away from an onboard electrically/chemically powered inorganic/hybrid computer doing the same.

The future is out there, and can only be guessed at.

And complexities of sound which we are subject to/input, and might or might not decide to regard as music or music  of a certain genre, are just  evolved  and established variable data analysis programmes.

Variable by of virtue of species evolution, though technological globalisation has resulted in a more eclectic appreciation of sound as music.