let transgender use their restroom of choice

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 15
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
let them use whatever they want. the only reason this is even a big issue is because of ratings and stirring the cultural pot. as long as transgenders have existed they have used their choice restroom, and only in recent years has it become a problem. just let things be. i'm actually conservative and view transgender as messed up, but i'm not going fake outrage like everyone else. besides, there's no good option here if you want to nit pick. would you want an original woman who looks like a man to use the same restroom as your daughter? 
if transgenders were molesting children, my stance would be different. but as it is, nothing bad has happened as far as i know. people are finding problems where there are none.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Because there are genuine sex predators that will take advantage of a law that allows men with a penis to be in a confined space with women that are not transgender at all.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
do you have any evidence that men abuse the system? i read that there was a study that showed almost no one abused the system when transgender people use their choice. and, school systems who have considered the problem ive seen often come to the same conclusion. me thinks the problem is all in your head. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Not my head lol. This is not a problem that affects biological men in any way shape or form.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
i'm not sure what exactly you're saying, but i take it as an acknowledgement that you dont have evidence of people abusing trangender bathroom rights to take advantage of women in their restrooms
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@n8nrgmi
Public restrooms should not exist. They are horrifically vulgar.

Neither should transgenderism, for that matter.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Ironically, the Islamic fundamentalist state of Iran is fairly tolerant of transsexualism. The individual peoples of Iran are generally more liberal than their counterparts in the Arab world, so this is probably the reasonable outcome of a necessary compromise. The male-female dichotomy is not threatened by a select few people being allowed to "switch" in a by-and-large irreversible procedure that takes time to complete. And the Iranian government knows this.
A person ought to be allowed to use only the bathroom for the sex listed on their birth certificate, which is then reflected on things like their driver's license. People who've been "certified" by the branch of the medical establishment that has been set up to "treat" gender dysphoria (whether a real condition or not), via a process that begins with diagnosis and ends with SRS, should be allowed to change the sex listed on such a document. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
There might be a great number of transgenders in the States to discuss so profoundly about how to use the restrooms.

I wouldn't let them if you asked me. These people are mentally sick, so it's better not to risk.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Public restrooms should not exist. They are horrifically vulgar.
Yeah ya should be allowed to piss and shit in the street

Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@n8nrgmi
do you have any evidence that men abuse the system? i read that there was a study that showed almost no one abused the system when transgender people use their choice. and, school systems who have considered the problem ive seen often come to the same conclusion. me thinks the problem is all in your head.
Where is this study? You criticise your opposition for not having evidence, yet you fail to provide any yourself.

i'm not sure what exactly you're saying, but i take it as an acknowledgement that you dont have evidence of people abusing trangender bathroom rights to take advantage of women in their restrooms
Considering women are the limiting factor in reproduction (a given), and that women have lower testosterone than men (I think this is basically axiomatic), it follows that men have a higher sex drive than women. Also, consider that the bottom 80% of men are competing for the bottom 22% of women, and that the top 78% of women are competing for the top 22% of men (https://medium.com/@worstonlinedater/tinder-experiments-ii-guys-unless-you-are-really-hot-you-are-probably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a). The effect is that there are going to be plenty of single men (and women) who simply cannot find a partner they find attractive, unless, for example, an 80th percentile man will settle for a 20th percentile woman. Furthermore, a man in the bottom 10% of men has absolutely no chance with women. So, it's not inconceivable that in sexual frustration, these men could pretend to be transgender in order to gain access to a female toilet, so that they could help alleviate themselves.

Elsewise, where do these men find partners? Men are so desperate nowadays that they'll donate to Twitch thots, just to have the momentary delusion that they're in a relationship. Sometimes, these sexually frustrated men will engage in paedophilia, too, just because a child is going to be less sexually judgemental. If men are willing to go to these measures to gain sexual access to females (even if it's just peeping under a stall), is pretending to be transgender extreme?

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
here is the study

i notice all you've established is that abuse could be possible, but no one has still shown any examples, which would be possible if they occurred. 
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
It's a pretty good study, so thank you. Let's quote the most important part (imo):

"This study finds that the passage of such laws is not related to the number or frequency of criminal incidents in these spaces. Additionally, the study finds that reports of privacy and safety violations in public restrooms, locker rooms, and changing rooms are exceedingly rare."

So, the immediate issue I have with the report is that it can only work from "criminal incidents". How many genuine "reports of privacy and safety violations" are successfully transformed into criminal prosecution? Whilst physical, sexual assault is going to reported and prosecuted nigh 100% of the time, filming and voyeurism isn't as easy to catch. If you don't poke your head over the stall, or shove your recording phone under the stall, is it that hard to stay undetected?

For example, let's say that I'm sitting down in a stall. There's a guy next to me that I have no idea about. He's recording my underwear around my ankles. His phone is completely within the stall. This is an invasion of privacy, and there isn't a way for me to know what he's doing unless I invade his privacy (i.e. look under the stall). Do you honestly believe there is any reliable way to catch this? I think that this invasion of privacy is virtually 100% undetectable, and the number of criminal prosecutions wouldn't change if 0 men were allowed in the women's bathroom, or 1,000,000 men were allowed in the women's bathroom.

i notice all you've established is that abuse could be possible, but no one has still shown any examples, which would be possible if they occurred. 
I literally pulled these up in about ten minutes of searching. I have dozens more:

Here's an instance of a man using the trans card to gain access to a female space: (https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sexual-predator-jailed-after-claiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault).

Man undressing in front of girls in a transgender changing room: (http://mynorthwest.com/188993/man-caught-undressing-in-front-of-girls-at-green-lake-locker-room/).

As you can see, trans-bathrooms/uni-sex toilets cause plenty of trouble.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

188 days later

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
NO NO NO NO NO, that is weird and imagine all the little Timmys that would be scarred for life
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
NO NO NO NO NO, that is weird and imagine all the little Timmys that would be scarred for life