omnibenevolent? God?! Unlikely!

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 11
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
In order to define God we often use the words Omni (All) potent (powerful) scient (Knowing) present (everywhere)   however God has never described himself as All loving.  This is something i feel people used to describe God for 3 reasons
1: They don't understand that God isn't ALL loving but shows his love to all things except for sin
2: They are ignorant of they are talking about
3: It purposely listed in order for them to denounce it so that they can further denounce the concept or omni of God.

I disagree that God is all loving,  IF we are looking for an attribute to describe God in a sense that we can understand, we should use "Holy"  Holy means sacred or revered and in the context of God it can be simplifed to "Set apart, Different in a sense of reverence"   Its to emphasis that he is NOT like us, that he is completely different from us   "Whom will you liken unto me?"  God asks this question for man to consider if there is anything we can think of that is similar to God in power, in knowing, in presence and in his Difference  concerning us.

Consider Omniholy before stating Omnibenevolent. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
if God indeed is all loving, he should also love sin.  and if he loves sin, his statements of hating sin is contridictory. There is no evidence of God saying he is omni benevolent in scripture.
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Shoot for evidence o God saying something.
Goldtop
Goldtop
1 John 4:8, 16

mic drop
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Melcharaz
Just don't define, and try not to speak inappropriately
Goldtop
Goldtop
They don't understand ...
They are ignorant ...
they can further denounce ...
It's hilarious that every thiest believes two kinds of nonsense; the first is their belief in God, the second is their belief they have the correct belief in God.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Goldtop
Disregarding the generalization, basically that's a decent way of putting it.  Its another form of idol worship to construct an image and address it as God. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Snoopy
Perhaps, it is a generalization, but I have never heard a theist admit their beliefs could be wrong. Surely, there must be a least one honest theist on the planet?
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Goldtop
1 John 4:8, 16

mic drop

Those verses tell us that God is love and that to know God we must love.  But it never states that God is nothing BUT love or is Entirely Love.

exodus 34:14  God is jealous
Deuteronomy 4:24  God is a consuming fire
psalms 25:8-14

You missed the entire point of this thread, I'm not surprised though, you are biblically illiterate.
Goldtop
Goldtop
Those verses tell us that God is love
Exactly, glad you agree with me.

you are biblically illiterate
Yet, I'm the one who quoted the New Testament, while you are quoting the Torah.

Who is biblically illiterate? You've probably never read either one of those books, judging by the ignorance of your posts and arrogance of judging others who have to correct you.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Melcharaz
In order to define God we often use the words Omni (All) potent (powerful) scient (Knowing) present (everywhere)   however God has never described himself as All loving.  This is something i feel people used to describe God for 3 reasons
1: They don't understand that God isn't ALL loving but shows his love to all things except for sin
2: They are ignorant of they are talking about
3: It purposely listed in order for them to denounce it so that they can further denounce the concept or omni of God.

I disagree that God is all loving,  IF we are looking for an attribute to describe God in a sense that we can understand, we should use "Holy"  Holy means sacred or revered and in the context of God it can be simplifed to "Set apart, Different in a sense of reverence"   Its to emphasis that he is NOT like us, that he is completely different from us   "Whom will you liken unto me?"  God asks this question for man to consider if there is anything we can think of that is similar to God in power, in knowing, in presence and in his Difference  concerning us.

Consider Omniholy before stating Omnibenevolent. 

How about Holy Cow or Holy Shit!!! You can sanctify anything by placing Holy in front of it. Just saying.