Saudi Arabia is no different from ISIS

Author: coal

Total: 29
coal
Debates: 6
coal

As some of you may know, Saudi Arabia once again has reaffirmed why it is a terrorist state whose government's members should be lined up and shot, Romanov style. 

They beheaded a 16 year old boy for sending WhatsApp messages about protesting governmental abuses. 

Each of the so called "terrorism" suspects were tortured; their confessions came from duress, and the mass execution is reminiscent of Soviet "great purges".  

And yet, the Trump administration sells weapons to them.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Aren't we petroleum sufficient (independant) right now? Why do we need Saudi Oil? It's not like Saudi is doing anything to keep Iran in check either, despite being mostly Sunni.
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
The Saudis are as bad as Iran, if not slightly worse, in my book.  

While I would like to see the Iranian government removed, I'd prefer to see every member of the Saudi government driven into the sea. 

coal
coal
MBS deserves a fate worse than Gaddaffi. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
They executed 36 other men IN THAT ONE WEEK. Insane.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
We can easily acquire cheap oil from other sources like Iraq. We don't need Saudi like we used to for low fuel prices.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@coal

As some of you may know, Saudi Arabia once again has reaffirmed why it is a terrorist state whose government's members should be lined up and shot, Romanov style. 

They beheaded a 16 year old boy for sending WhatsApp messages about protesting governmental abuses. 

Each of the so called "terrorism" suspects were tortured; their confessions came from duress, and the mass execution is reminiscent of Soviet "great purges".  

And yet, the Trump administration sells weapons to them.

Yet the western apologist for Islam  will have us believe that because woman can now drive cars (with the permission of their husband, father or brother, of course) that Islam is reforming and dragging itself into the 21st century. The Muslim Sultan of Brunei has just reaffirmed ancient Islamic dictates too.

"Brunei enacts new penal code as sultan calls for 'stronger' Islam
New penal code imposes death penalty for rape, adultery, sodomy, robbery and introduces public flogging."

"It also introduces public flogging as punishment for abortion as well as amputation for theft and criminalises exposing Muslim children to the beliefs and practices of any religion other than Islam". And the death penalty for insulting or defaming the Prophet Muhammad.

Yes, they really are reforming and modernising Islam, aren't they.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Greyparrot
Aren't we petroleum sufficient (independant) right now? Why do we need Saudi Oil? It's not like Saudi is doing anything to keep Iran in check either, despite being mostly Sunni.

It may have something to do with refining. I think it is that SA have a better quality of oil and needs less refining where as the US produces more crude. Then there is Light crude and Heavy crude. Light crude produces more gasoline/petrol and diesel than Heavey. There is much less crap to filter in Light than Heavy.  

But Saudi Arabia is running out and are said to be  in a panic. No oil will send them back to the dark ages leaving them with have to trade for new technology. They don't produce anything else to my knowledge. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Stephen
Yah but Saudi isn't the only nation with cheap oil. Iraq's oil is sweet crude and cheap.Venezuela oil used to be cheap until the government overemployed the industry with 100,000 busyjobs.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Greyparrot
First, above that was supposed to read " No oil will send them back to the dark ages leaving them without anything to trade for new technology. 

And I agree with what you say concerning SA oil not being the only oil available to the USA.
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
>Iraq

We can wipe ISIS off the map while we're at it... they're no different than Saudi Arabia. 
coal
coal
-->
@Stephen
The degree to which progressives (not Liberals) act as apologists for Islam's crimes against humanity in the name of so called "multiculturalism" or any other stupid postmodern idea is enough to make any thinking person vomit in the street in repulsion.

Progressives are moral cowards, as are neocons on Saudi Arabia; albeit for different reasons.  Progressives want to bitch about Western cultural imperialism or other nonsense, when people like me talk about forcing the Middle East into modernity.  Neocons bitch about the impact to oil prices.

Any country that beheads a 16 year old boy and a 19 year old boy for exchanging WhatsApp messages discussing a pro-democracy protest is a country that needs to be purged from this earth. 

coal
coal
-->
@Swagnarok
When MBS meets the same fate as Gaddaffi, I will be satisfied.  Saddam Hussein didn't even execute children. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
Lets get our oil from Canada.  They have a lot of it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
We have plenty of oil, it's just that we won't be making 2 ton SUV's when its 3.50 a gallon.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
I have a feeling its all going to be burnt to the ground when Iran launches a nuke at israel.
coal
coal
-->
@Alec
I would rather buy oil from a sissified wannabe french boy (Troudeau) than terrorists (Saudis).
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
Israel won't nuke Saudi Arabia, because they need to keep playing Saudi Arabia against Iran.  However, Israel is and has been trying to provoke a war between Saudi Arabia and Iran for years.  Sadly, they have failed.

In an ideal world, Iran marches across Ryad, takes the Saudi "king" and MBS hostage, hangs them from a crane, and then Israel goes in and levels whatever remains of Saudi Arabia after the Saudi military has bought everything the US was willing to sell them... in vain. 

Then, weak and destitute, Saudi Arabia can return to the bedouin shithole it was before oil was discovered there. 

All those Saudis who want to leave and join the modern world shall be free to do so.  All those who want to live by wahabist Islam can be lined up and shot.  
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@coal
The ISIS approach. Welcome to the Caliphate.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@coal
Any country that beheads a 16 year old boy and a 19 year old boy for exchanging WhatsApp messages discussing a pro-democracy protest is a country that needs to be purged from this earth. 
They have no intention of changing or reforming Islam. And those who believe that there is anything such as "moderate islam"  really need to study Islamic culture a lot closer.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Because there are 1.5 billion of them murdering everyone they meet. Ooh I'm scared-sarcasm.
Alec
Alec
-->
@coal
Obama traded with Saudi Arabia too.  We should get our oil from pro human rights countries.  I want to lead by example, but I don't know how.  Maybe I can only buy oil from companies that don't use Saudi oil.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@coal
Google parent Alphabet and Saudi-owned-Aramco are in talks to build a tech hub in Saudi Arabia: WSJ [LINK]

The giant going public is Saudi Aramco, the national oil company of Saudi Arabia. It is expected to have a $2 trillion value, more valuable that ExxonMobil XOM +0%, Apple AAPL +0% or Alibaba . This week Aramco named J.P. Morgan , Morgan Stanley MS +0% and HSBC as the lucky underwriters for its offering. [LINK]

American and European corporations are going ga-ga for Aramco's massive profits.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Lets get our oil from Canada.  They have a lot of it.
Do you understand the concept of "a global market"?
Alec
Alec
-->
@3RU7AL
What do you mean?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
What do you mean?
I mean that even if one country (say, Saudi Arabia or Iran) doesn't sell oil to another country (say, the United States) but they do sell to another country, (say, China or Russia) then the end result is unchanged.  The price of oil stays relatively stable and the sanctioned country still makes about the same amount of money from their oil.

Part of the problem here is that if you successfully quarantine an oil exporter, there is instantly a drop in global supply and prices instantly skyrocket.

The United States is currently begging Saudi Arabia to increase their oil exports (generally, not specifically to the U.S.) in an attempt to directly compensate for the loss of Iranian exports in order to keep oil prices relatively stable.

If the U.S. stopped buying Saudi oil, it would have no effect on Saudi Arabia's income unless all major oil importers joined in.

It's a gigantic shell game.  If you buy oil from ANYONE in a global market, then you are supporting the price of oil which benefits EVERYONE selling oil, even if you are not buying from a particular seller.

Not to mention that embargoes and economic sanctions violate FREE MARKET principles.

If Saudi Arabia AND Iran both stopped selling oil, we'd be staring down the barrel of $10.00+ a gallon at the pump.

Imagining you can "just buy more oil from Canada" is a pipe-dream.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
Difference is one has a ton of money to influence many things around the world and the other is an organisation with very little influence. 
I don't think this is far-fetched so I doubt I need to add that Saudi has tremendous influence whereas ISIS does not. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
I also mean that every time you buy something "made in China" (which is practically everything) you are supporting communism.

93 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Religion of peace