Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
Consider the above an aside!

Raza Rumi has actually titled his piece:

The Prospects For Reform in Islam.

He says; in bold:
“Muslims do in fact have a substantial body of both historical as well as contemporary thinking that they can draw upon to help improve their political and social structures and create more just, inclusive societies”. 

But  Rumi - underlined -  fails to tell us why it is that they do not "draw upon" this historical & contemporary literature & knowledge?  . Could it be that the so called “islamists’ are following the Quran to the letter and simply refuse to “draw upon” anything that appears to contradict the Islamic book and Hadith? Or Simply because they believe, as he says “the view propagated by Islamists of all varieties is that Sharia law is “divinely ordained” ?

He goes on to say  islam/Shariah" cannot be questioned. Sharia, therefore, must be understood literally, and Islamists are driven by their belief that the Sharia represents a comprehensive political and belief system".
Salafists and Wahhabists take precisely the position you state.  But the parallel is that is like saying fundamentalism is the only valid form of Christianity.  Ask a Christian fundamentalist and they would say their way and only their way was the correct one.   lucky for us, funamentalism is not as dominant in Christendom as Salafism is in the Muslim world.   Non fundamentalist,progressive forms of islam exist.  What we need is to encourage the islamic equivalent of Anglicanism! 
keithprosser
keithprosser
more articles I found interesting:

Stephen
Stephen
Nice ideal, "Tame", strange use of a word in this context, it implies the "form" we have to tolerate is not tame.
It's been hard to find a word you don't immediately bristle at!

It is hard simply because there isn't a word to describe what you believe the opposite is to the "backward form of Islam" that you mention. Maybe that is because there is only the "backward form"? 

I have a deep and abiding loathing for theocracy.

Which Islam is. Islam is an Ideology of the political and religious words of Allah. Nothing else exist in Islam. Allah is the government and the religion and the law. And muslims make no bones about it.  Allah is the be and endall, the last and final word. Your not getting this at all, are you. Islam is "theocratic". If you disagree, then simply show me another type of Islam in practice. You haven't managed to do that so far. You have to ask yourself why?
Religion as a private matter I have only a little animosity for,
What anyone wants to believe and who they wish to worship is their business. I have said, I do at times envy those who have a faith. I just don't like the idea of convert or die, which is the only reason for  islamic Jihad.

But history and the example of the Muslim world shows that theocracy leads to cultural and intellectual stagnation and decline. 
It does and this was learned relatively quick in Europe. The priests wanted control over not just the bodies of the people but more importantly the control of the minds of people. And this  kind of control is being re-enacted and repeated again but not by priests, but by our own western governments.

If I was in the US i'd probably be more concerned with the rise of the 'religious right' than with Islam, 
I have asked you before why it is on the rise and what do you believe has caused it. I didn't get a reply then and don't expect one now

but in the UK and worldwide it is clear that the only realistic contender for theocracy is Islamic.
and as you so rightly said , "Islam is here , it is  staying, and there is more to come.", but you don't seem to mind this at all which is odd considering above you state; "I have a deep and abiding loathing for theocracy." which is what Islam actually is.

You may or may not be old enough to remember the dark days of the '70s and Enoch Powell's 'rivers of blood' speech. 

I do. I am in my 60's. But his speech was about race not religion. He spoke of the "black man having the whip hand over the white man". So let us not conflate race and religion, this is a deceitful way to discuss the matter in hand .

But what is the same is the potential for firebrands on both sides to escalate things to the level of a low-intensity civil war.
  You have to remember something here,  that it was  Islam that came here. I didn't bring it here,the indigenous population didn' bring it here.  There were no anti Islam "firebrands" at all to my knowledge before it was recognised for what it was.  It wasn't even bothered about or even recognised by the indigenous population at all really, I grew up and went to school with arab kids In Wednesbury, and they and their parents were fine to my young mind. No  it wasn't until Salman Rushdie wrote a novel, then Islam showed the world what it was all about, and you cannot deny it. That should have been our first warning of what was to come.

What happens is that the extremes co-opt their moderates..  A moderate who isn't 'for' their extremists is considered 'against' them.  Moderates become enemies of one side and traitors to the other.  Squeezed from both sides, the centre disappears.

Yes and all Islam. That is Islam. They , as far as I am concerned can fight it out between them. It is up to muslims to get their own house in order. 

As I said earlier, you will be itching to say how much it's different this time from the race-based issues of decades ago. You bet it is! 

Correct and I covered it swiftly above  just as you would have done had the boot been on the other foot. And yes, "you bet it is". It is a lot more deadlier than a skinhead youth mob fighting a load of black kids in Erdington High Street or Soho Rd Handsworth, I can tell you.

The problem is how to avoid civil strife without capitulating to the theocrats. 

We are already capitulating to Islam. I have mentioned, some government departments are pushing for muslims to be classed as a race, by defining words they are quick to use without definition. And in doing this it will make it a criminal offence to question and criticise Islam or even discuss the subject of islam unless it is to "promote " Islam, which is exactly what you are suggesting below.  But what these thickos don't realize it that those that believe that there are "different" muslims,   will be putting "all muslims" into the same basket along with the extremists. I keep saying it, Islam just has to clean up its own backyard. It is not our problem, but we have to suffer the consequences and are told not to "look back in anger" and "give peace a fkn chance".

I think we have no choice but to be very clever in how we promote moderate - or tame! - forms of islam (which do exist) and make extreme forms unattractive.

"WE" shouldn't be promoting Islam at all! In any of its "forms" This a  civilised Western Christian country!! Our queen is the head of the Christian  Church of England! and sore to defend the faith" "WE" have been told by our own leaders that Islam is a religion of peace, And no one is buying that anymore.  I believe now instead of calling me racist or an "islamophobe" you will use the term - 'nationalist' as if it is wrong to love my country and my queen. This is the new word  left wing libtards are using no because the other two terms have been debunked and become water of a duck's back- to me at least

I'm not a political scientist (obviously!) and I haven't pre-prepared a spiel so this post is very much a ramble, not a thought out manifesto.

I see. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
"WE" shouldn't be promoting Islam at all!
What a shame no one else cares enough to join in!

What concerns me is that if 'we' don't promote moderate Islam it gives the extremists a free hand.  It is down to Muslims to put their own house in order, but creating or exacerbating social tensions can only help the extremists and hinder the moderates. 

I doubt you love this country more than I do, but what do you want to happen here in the next 5, 10, 20 years?  What are you trying to achieve with your posts?   I think the Salafists are far more worried that Muslims will adopt more western values than we a should worry about an Islamist take over. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser

What concerns me is that if 'we' don't promote moderate Islam it gives the extremists a free hand. 
Why then do you not start by telling "we" what "moderate Islam is"?  I have asked you to explain this on many occasions now, without a single response. The thing is you don't know do you. Those that do know about Islam say there is no such thing. But YOU argue against this without a single piece of evidence to the contrary. They may well wish there to be another "form" instead of the "backward form", but there isn't..  This is the left wing liberals once again trying to playdown the very serious threat that Islam poses to  western civilisation. They have invented new words such  "moderate muslim" and "islamist", and islamism, and "islamophobia".
Jeannette Bougrab says "there is no such thing as "moderate Islam".
President Erdogan says "there is no such thing as "moderate Islam"
Brigitte Gabriel says "there is no such thing as "moderate Islam"
Ayaan Hirsi Ali says "there is no such thing as "moderate Islam"
This room full of self confessed "moderate muslims" proves that "there is no such thing as moderate Islam".

You are reacting exactly to  what Douglas Murray calls   'the secondary problem'  instead of recognising and dealing with the primary cause. I asked you above why you think the far right is on the rise in America? You brought far right American into the conversation but have swerved the question. You posted a link that you don't even comment on. I have, twice.  I have said make your point about YOUR link and you have chosen not to. You have no fkn ideas is your problem.  Is all it seem that you are good for is saying  ' what should be '  but never ever suggesting how this can be achieved. Like all left wing liberals. is all you want to do is tell people to shut and stop speaking negative about Islam , but you STILL haven't shown me a positive. 

It is down to Muslims to put their own house in order, but creating or exacerbating social tensions can only help the extremists and hinder the moderates. 
 It may well be the case in part. But not discussing the threat of  Islam seriously poses to western civilisation, is definitely going to aid and assist the so called "extremists muslims", isn't it!?

And just as I have always suspected, the likes of YOU, just want the rest of us  suck it it up and not complain about whole swathes of our country being swallowed up and or simply given over to Islam. Nearly everywhere I know in Birmingham is now muslim. I believe you are the type to only complain or notice when it affects YOU directly without a thought for those stuck in the towns and cities that have already become Islamified.  And this is not to mention the terrorism that comes with it.  It is a well established fact that once muslims increase in numbers they start demanding another way of living, And for you or anyone else to deny this when it is happening all over Europe is simple insanity.

Pew research
Europe’sGrowing Muslim Population
Muslims are projected to increase as a share ofEurope’s population – even with no future migration

I doubt you love this country more than I do,

You don't know that. Stop making silly statements you simply cannot support!

but what do you want to happen here in the next 5, 10, 20 years? 

That is Irrelevant. How many times do I have to go over old ground with you just because you keep restructuring the same old question. 

What are you trying to achieve with your posts?   

Why does it have to be ME trying to achieve something?
Stop making YOUR thread about me. You have said you want to explore issues,; here look, this is why you started the thread isn't it? 

Given that we can't magic Islam from the planet, what are the prospects for the future? Those are some of the issues I'd like to explore in this thread.  

I respond to others with my posts. This is your thread. I respond to what you say. When I make a post about Islam I respond to people who have responded to me. That is how a thread travels,FFS! 

I think the Salafists are far more worried that Muslims will adopt more western values than we a should worry about an Islamist take over. 

Could be. So what do you think those muslims becoming "westernised" should do about it? 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Could be. So what do you think those muslims becoming "westernised" should do about it? 

Especially when Mr Islam commands them to murder and rape, according to you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
 Mr Islam

I can see you are intent on derailing someone else's thread just for the fun of it. There is a pretty decent conversation going on here but you simply want to disrupt it simply because you can. You are so fkn rude and vile arn't you.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Running away from your claims?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
I doubt you love this country more than I do,

Do you? England,  this Christian country where our Queen,  Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is Head of the Church Of England, the Church and faith she swore to defend at her coronation,  The same country you say  "WE" SHOULD PROMOTE ISLAM"!!!!!!!!!! a foreign and barbaric ideology that is stuck in the 7th century and will never be compatible with western civilisation? I see.   Yes that is you loving this country more than me, isn't is? 

@ keithprosser I think we have no choice but to be very clever in how we promote moderate - or tame! - forms of islam (which do exist) and make extreme forms unattractive.

@ keithprosser What concerns me is that if 'we' don't promote moderate Islam it gives the extremists a free hand 

@ keithprosser moderate - or tame! - forms of islam (which do exist)

Yes you keep banging on about this but never have explained what "moderate Islam" actually is despite many, many requests to do so. You haven't told us what "tame islam" is , either.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Yes you keep banging on about this but never have explained what "moderate Islam" actually is despite many, many requests to do so. You haven't told us what "tame islam" is , either.
It's even simple enough for someone like you to understand. 1.5 billion Muslims.

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@keithprosser
.......New WORLD News.........every since the elimination of the Abrahamic GODS to Comic Book Mythology in 2022 the Middle East has had 
an unprecedented surge in new infrastructure and cooperation among the up and coming generations....never before has there been such
unity and harmony among the people of this region where some of earliest and advanced cultures flourished 6 - 8 thousand years ago...

More excitement is building as researchers are discovering more and more amazing artifacts and information on these amazing ancient 
civilizations...

As the older generations DIE off and take their horrifically OBSOLETE and OPPRESSIVE Comic Book GODS and DOGMA
to the grave with them... a revitalization of the region has occurred in place of the CONFLICT - FEAR - VIOLENCE....which
dominated the region for 5000 years...

These are truly EPIC TIMES as all of HUMANITY has trashed the Abrahamic GOD construct for POWER and CONTROL of the MINDS 
and LIVES of BILLIONS....now that humanity is FREE from the parasite VAMPIRE bondage founded by the defunct Roman Catholic Church
and the MUSLIM Allah God garbage....it's like a perpetual spring time all over the planet...

Live WELL - LONG and PROSPER is the new MANTRA of humanity....a true breath of fresh air now that the HELL on EARTH Abrahamic
JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD are meaningless Mythology and Comic Books for entertainment only...

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
It's even simple enough for someone like you to understand. 1.5 billion Muslims.

That will be the same 1.5 billion muslims that you made the  extremely inflammatory statements about saying that  ALL MUSLIMS (1.5billion of them)   are "stupid" and who ALL  have  "mental health issues" along with the muslim god Allah and the prophet muhammad. 

Post #114 onwards.  You really show what a closet racist bigot you really are don't  you. 

One has to wonder what or where the line is crossed when attacking a whole religious group for their religious beliefs and direct insults to their god calling their god and prophet and ALL muslims "stupid"  with "mental issues" and suggesting they all need straight jackets and should all be sectioned. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
English is not your native language I've noticed. Perhaps you'd be better off on a forum in your native language, your inability to understand what I write puts you at an enormous disadvantage. Try somewhere else, you have no place here.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Believe it or not, theocracy( or maybe more accurately, clericocracy) is not only not a very Christian thing, but we Orthodox may even have a technical name for that heresy in Caesaropapism.

Islam on the other hand has this sort of thing built into it. It is a kingdom of this world.

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@keithprosser
Comic Book GARBAGE....turned into TOOLS for MANIPULATION and MOLESTING of the MIND and BODY 
of mentally weak and incompetent humans....

Just look at the women in a sack...the majority have been SEXUALLY MUTILATED for their ALLAH CLOWN
and look NOW on utube what these Muslim Parasite VAMPIRES do when they invade another Country / Culture
always CONFLICT and VIOLENCE....Denmark-Sweden-UK- Germany-Spain-Italy USA all under ATTACK by
truly psychotic mind and life molesting PARASITES who DEMAND others to accept - conert -obey ISLAMIC
psychotic DOGMA all in the name of some absurd GOD they invented out of HATRED and RAGE against
the JEWS and CHRISTIANS...

All 3 Comic Book GODS of the Middle East = Moses JEW GOD - JESUS Christian hoax - ALLAH Muslim farce
are a total DISASTER and THREAT to all life on EARTH....

SOLUTION to these 3 stooge GOD hoaxes is to COMPLETELY ERADICATE THEM FROM VALID GOD STATUS

VALID BY WHO ?  some incompetent psychotic circus clown PREACHER in a Halloween Glory Gown Costume ?

Wake up HUMANITY...YOU have been SCAMMED by CON ARTIST VAMPIRES who invented these 3 Comic Book
Gods and their Comic Book Bible -Torah -Quran VOMIT....time to trash all of it...

8 days later

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
I think that the title is a bit misleading, because all religions are backward. 
So i'm saying all religions are backward...  you asked

Does it then follow that those adherents to Islam are "backward" and don't know what they are following?
i could (should?) have said 'no' at that point, because I don't think adherents of a religion are 'backward', given that is generally taken to mean 'has learning difficulties'!  But alas what I wrote was what I meant by a 'backward religion', ie  

Generally means "'has learning difficulties'". yes it does.   But you trying to take your own statement out of context isn't working so stop being sly and deceitful. Ok you also recognise that of the 1,5 BILLION muslims in the world , not all of them would have learning difficulties.
Are you saying those educated muslims are backward because they follow a "backward religion" of Islam?  

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen

Are you saying those educated muslims are backward because they follow a "backward religion" of Islam?  
I'm saying western societies are more liberal and progressive now than in the middle ages but in the islamic world a narrow, fundamentalistic attitude to scripture developed centuries ago is still going strong.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser

the islamic world a narrow, fundamentalistic attitude to scripture developed centuries ago is still going strong.

So in plain English; of those 1. 5 billion + muslims who do not have the "learning difficulties" and are  educated and still have a  "fundamentalistic attitude to scripture developed centuries ago"  are also backward?

For instance if I  was to become a Muslim and take up Islamic fundamentalism would I be"backward"?

I'm saying western societies are more liberal and progressive now than in the middle ages 

Yes I have mentioned that many times now, It seems you only recognise this fact when it suits you. I notice too that Raza Rumi from your link  mentions that the “requirements of a changing world have been sidestepped” [ by Islam]. Yet you simply try to ignore this (until now) by continually bringing up the Old Testament as if it - judaism - hasn’t change and its laws and dictates are still practiced to this day in the Jewish and Christian worlds as are those laws and dictates of islam still are practiced and adhered to , to this day. They are not still practiced by jews and Christians, they have moved on, they have not been "sidestepped".. And this is why I keep telling you, that you can throw as many OT verses at me as you like and all day long but they are irrelevant!

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
The problem is that you continually bring up a literal interpretation of Muslim scripture as the explanation of what is wrong with islam but you do not fully address why that applies to Islam but not to Judaism or Christianity.

The point of the OT quotations is to illustrate that if literal interpretation of scripture explained things then Judaism and Christianity would be just as bad as Islam.   

In my view the reason the west is 'advanced' and the Muslim world is 'backward' is not because the west is Christian and the Muslim world is Islamic  - the reason is the west is secular and the Muslim world religious.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
The problem is that you continually bring up a literal interpretation of Muslim scripture as the explanation of what is wrong with islam

And I also bring up the fact that many thousands of muslims follow the literal interpretation. You simply try to ignore this fact. And please stop trying to make your thread all about me.

but you do not fully address why that applies to Islam but not to Judaism or Christianity.
I have started many threads debunking christianity and how it has been interpreted.  I don't see what the "literal interpretation of Muslim scripture" has to do with 21st century Christianity and that is why I do not have to address why it doesn't apply, because it is irrelevant. 

Maybe you could address the points yourself why Islam and the OT does or does not apply or does or does not has relevance to 21st century Christianity, but I can guarantee it is an argument you would definitely lose, And I will explain why AGAIN to you.

The Old Testament was written by Hebrews for Hebrews. Jews themselves don't,  and never have recognised it as their scripture. Christians - those who follow the teaching of The Christ of the New Testament are not instructed by the Christ-god to go out into the world and murder anyone who does believe in him or anyone who isn't Christian as does the god of quran;

THIS is why  I often "bring up a literal interpretation of Muslim scripture as the explanation of what is wrong with islam". Because the Quran IS taken LITERALLY by hundreds of thousands of muslim fundamentalists.

The point of the OT quotations is to illustrate that if literal interpretation of scripture explained things then Judaism and Christianity would be just as bad as Islam.

I notice again you are trying to squeeze in the OT scripture as being "as bad" and as some kind of balance to your argument. It is as bad I agree but irrelevant. , And  you should stop trying to contextualise it to 21st century Christianity and listen to the man in your own link; Raza Rumi.  How many times do I have to tell you?  It doesn't work and is irrelevant.  I notice you say "could be" & Raza Rumi from your link states clearly   “requirements of a changing world have been sidestepped” [ by Islam].  What do you think those requirements are?

And you haven't answered my questions above. AGAIN!

the islamic world a narrow, fundamentalistic attitude to scripture developed centuries ago is still going strong.

So in plain English; of those 1. 5 billion + muslims who do not have the "learning difficulties" and are  educated and still have a  "fundamentalistic attitude to scripture developed centuries ago"  are also backward?

For instance if a educated white westerner was to  become a Muslim and take up Islamic fundamentalism would he be "backward"?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
For instance if a educated white westerner was to  become a Muslim and take up Islamic fundamentalism would he be "backward"?
i'd like to meet such a person because i don't understand the attraction of religion, especially in its fanatical forms.  it is self-evident that islam is open to hard-line interpretation - that is not open to dispute.   What concerns me is identifying the socio-political forces that seem to be strenthening the hand of the hard-liners and making the prospects of reform within islam retreat.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
So in plain English; of those 1. 5 billion + muslims who do not have the "learning difficulties" and are  educated and still have a  "fundamentalistic attitude to scripture developed centuries ago"  are also backward?
Obviously, just like fundamentalist any religion (christianity) are backward. It's not rocket surgery Cletus.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
But that is not true is it. The teaching in the Christian New Testament for instance is entirely different. Tell me;  what does the Christ of the New Testament say about stoning? 
Matthew 5:17 - "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@keithprosser
i'd like to meet such a person because i don't understand the attraction of religion, especially in its fanatical forms.  it is self-evident that islam is open to hard-line interpretation - that is not open to dispute.   What concerns me is identifying the socio-political forces that seem to be strenthening the hand of the hard-liners and making the prospects of reform within islam retreat.
David Khari Webber Chappelle is a talented stand up comedian, screenwriter, producer and actor. He converted in 1998, after he saw his brother convert to the Nation of Islam.

Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens converted in 1977 after a long spiritual search. Just like many other reverts he struggled with a lot of uncertanties, looking for support. He thought he could find answers in Buddhism. However, he wasn’t prepared to become a monk and isolate himself from society.

“I tried Zen and Ching, numerology, tarot cards and astrology. I tried to look back into the Bible and could not find anything”, he says.
After his brother gifted him a Qur’an, Yusuf Islam had the feeling that this was the true religion. [LINK]
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Gentile converts to Christianity were not expected to become Jews.

The spirit behind Mosaic law was to write on the heart love of God and love towards one's neighbor. In that sense, Jesus Christ is the fulfillment. Jesus Christ is the point of the whole thing.

The Mosaic law itself also had to do with a secular, worldly government. The Kingdom of God is not a secular worldly government. It is not of this world.

And so we do see all governing authorities as having been given their authority by God, and we are not anarchists. At the same time, we are not secularists. The church is not intended to be a secular government, it must always be distinct from the state.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL
Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam, 

I think you will find he has had the good sense to drop the "islam" from if pretentious name.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
i'd like to meet such a person because i don't understand the attraction of religion, especially in its fanatical forms.

I didn't ask who you'd like to meet. You are still avoiding the question. In fact you are avoiding most of my questions. You are even avoiding my questions about your own link. WHY do you keep doing this? 

Here, have another go> 

What concerns me is identifying the socio-political forces that seem to be strenthening the hand of the hard-liners and making the prospects of reform within islam retreat.

And these muslim "hardliners"  such as  Sayyid Ali Hosseini Khamenei, are they backward for following  Islam the religion that you call "backward"?

Raza Rumi from your link states clearly   “requirements of a changing world have been sidestepped” [ by Islam].  What do you think those requirements are?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
just like fundamentalist any religion (christianity) are backward. 

Says the closet racist bigot

> @Stephen Muslimsborn with a religion  were created muslim are according to muslims,Muhammad the prophet and Allah the god of islam.

-> @disgusted It's a fact that nobody is born witha religion, anybody who claims otherwise hasserious mental health issues. 

So ALL muslims are in need of psychiatric therapy then.  

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Anybody who believes in a god needs serious psychological intervention, but they can supply that themselves if the have the courage.

7 days later

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
It seems we have some common ground - neither of want to see the west dominated by theocratic Islam! 

I don't deny it. But why don't you want to see the west dominated by Islam. 

Where we differ - correct me if i am wrong - is that you want to see no Islam in the west and whatever they like in Arabia. 

That's correct. why would I want to invite or even entertain  (1) a religion that is simply not compatible with the west?
(2) Invite any "type" of Islam into my country where my Queen is the head of a Christian country and head of the Church of England ?
(3) Why should I even consider accepting and or "promoting" a barbaric religion such as islam in my country where my Queen has swore an oath to defend the Christian faith? 

My ideal is close to a 'tame' form of Islam everywhere, as I see no prospect of eradicating religion in the foreseeable future.

You haven't explained what "tame " islam is? And I agree religion cannot be eradicated but it can be denied if one isn't Muslim.