Top 10 books you should read.
In no particular order:
1. Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
3. Yuval Noah Harari, Sapiens
4. Dr. Michael Greger, How Not to Die
5. Oliver Sacks, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat
6. Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
7. Stephen Guyenet, The Hungry Brain
8. Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy &/or The Problems of Philosophy
9. Sophocles, Oedipus The King
10. George Orwell, Animal Farm
The Virtue of Selfishness
The Darkness That Comes Before
The Moral Life
The six pillars of self-esteem
A heat and Mass Transfer textbook, any will do
The Blade Itself
The Lies of Locke Lamora
- The 33 Strategies of War - Robert Greene
- 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
- The Art of Lying - Kazuo Sakai with aid from Nanaka Ide
- The Art of Power - Thich Nhat Hanh - this book is not what you would initially think, it's fascinating about Buddhist inner power and Zen mindedness in the face of life's chaos
- (I disagree with much of this book but it fascinated me about what most people think matters in life) How to Make Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie - The book should be named 'how to be a pushover and be good at pushing people over in spite of it.'
I would not say anything else is a must-read to get by in life. If anything else I read mattered that much, I'd remember it.
The 2 works of Greene that I mentioned pay homage to Sun Tzu, so if you don't like reading cryptic advice, Greene excellently spells out what Tzu meant with his teachings.
"A Bad Place" by Dean Koontz. I was semi-sick with cold in winter with a wood stove, and finally could not deal with my consciousness when reading that book, so part way into decided that the consciousness portrayed in that book was putting me in such a bad place, I threw that book in the woodstove.
Must read books:
1} "Critical Path".... R B Fuller 1981
There is only one book you need to read. https://www.amazon.com/Collected-Works-Thett3-Thett-Three/dp/1719940940
(I get royalties for advertising your novel, right?)
I prefer math to reading.
The Bible (KJV)
The Complete Works of Shakespeare
Remembrance of Things Past
The Elements of Style
The Lord of the Rings
Asimov’s Foundation series
10 days later