More Guns Thread

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 111
--> @sadolite
Hmm well you can throw away your guns if you have any and think you will change the world. I plan on surviving or die tying should the Armageddon of toys take place.
Remember the Alamo!

More weapons on Earth is dumb.

......The humans are dead!.......

Less weapons on Earth is smart.

.....great chance humans still live.............

More inequity of human standard of living at cost of ecological environment that sustains them all

....greater chance humans are dead............

Less inequity of human standard of living at cost of ecological environment that sustains them all.

...less chance humans are dead....

Increasing disparate humanity

....greater chance humanity is dead...

Unified humanity

... greater chance humanity still lives....

The logic in your thinking is naive and highly flawed. It is all based on you thinking other people think like you. If we just get rid of guns problem solved. That would work if ALL people thought like you. I am also guessing you don't believe Unadulterated true evil exists. Only good men willing to do things 100 times more evil to evil people stop evil evil people. Evil will always have guns ALWAYS. The problem isn't good men with guns it is misplaced compassion and making excuses for the actions evil people.   

"A Harmless Man Is Not a Good Man. a Good Man Is a Very Dangerous Man Who Has That Under Voluntary Control:"
--> @sadolite
Evil = Crazy, Insane etc

How to make for a saner, ergo less evil world.

All-for-one and one-for-all is a moral precedent for sanity at its highest {most wholistically } spirit-of-intent. The world is full of people with good intentions is common saying that gets pooh-poohed.

Can you imagine a world not filled with people with good intentions?

1} unify humanity under common wholistic set of concerns and goals 
....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity

2} unified humanity agrees to dismantle all hydrogen and nuclear weapons,

3 } unified humanity agrees to dismantle all toxic weapons,

4} unified humanity agrees to abolish all larger weapons,

5} unified humanity agrees to abolish all medium size  weapons,

6} unified humanity agrees to abolish all small weapons { firearms }.

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

--> @mustardness
Alec: All of your goals are impossible.  If you ban guns, people get them illegally.  No way are you going to convince a criminal to give up their guns.

--> @mustardness
"Evil = Crazy, Insane etc"   Like I said you don't think evil exists  You think it's some kind of mental disorder that can be treated. Evil is not a mental disorder. Evil is an ideology, "absolute power by any means necessary"  If you banned all guns from the kind of good men I described earlier we would all be slaughtered like pigs by the harmless good men. For it is evil that does the work for the harmless good man. I would say you are one of those harmless good men. You know whats best for everyone.
--> @Snoopy
Alec: All of your goals are impossible. 
In 1800's people who dreamed of going to the  moon were called lunatics because it was obviously immpossible

If you ban guns, people get them illegally.
If humanity was in agreement in banning weapons then there is going to exist less weapons and it is going to be much harder to access them.  This is minimal brainer.

No way are you going to convince a criminal to give up their guns.
There various factors to be consider here and you Alec and Snoppy are very short-sided and narrow-minded on this issue. 

Where there is faith in human kind there is hope. Where there exists there exist love.
--> @mustardness
"Where there is faith in human kind there is hope."  Hope and faith isn't a plan to deal with evil. 

--> @mustardness
There various factors to be consider here and you Alec and Snoppy are very short-sided and narrow-minded on this issue.
I would be inclined to disagree with Alec that its impossible for common criminals to hang up their guns, though I think we need to be looking at least a human lifetime out.
--> @sadolite, @Snoopy
I would be inclined to disagree with Alec that its impossible for common criminals to hang up their guns, though I think we need to be looking at least a human lifetime out.

I agree and posted reference to community in CA that was paying its common crimminals not to commit crime and it was working.

Alec has little ability to to have imagination { IMAGINE--J. Lennon }, faith, love and hope in a humankind that can superscede is negatives.

I don't think humanity will survive another 500- 1000 years but that does not mean I dont think they have the potential to overcome via faith, hope and love.

Sadolite--Hope and faith isn't a plan to deal with evil. 
Evil = greedy, selfish etc

Evil = crazy, insane etc,

Evil = lack of compassion and empathy

Evil = when the ego places self above or before others uneccessarily

Evil = racism, sexism etc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All-for-one and one-for-all is a moral precedent for sanity at its highest {most wholistically } spirit-of-intent. The world is full of people with good intentions is common saying that gets pooh-poohed.

....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

--> @mustardness
Good luck with all that. I'll keep my guns. If you want them send other people with guns to come get them because you will need to pry them from my guns from the hands of my dead body. You know as well as I do that if you had the power you would use guns to disarm people with guns. Your unicorn utopia BS is just that BS. You are naive and gulable. 
--> @sadolite
Good luck with all that. I'll keep my guns.

If you want them send other people with guns to come get them because you will need to pry them from my guns from the hands of my dead body. You know as well as I do that if you had the power you would use guns to disarm people with guns.

Not true and is more evidence of your short-sighted lack of imagination.

Can you imagine a world filled with people with good intentions?

....you would rather fight than any other options.............

..this began in 80's.....

.....I'm on board, why not you?....

....well this moves us closer to balancing the tables for common person who has no "larger weapons" your type should like this......

....common person also does not have medium size weapons so again, equalizing towards the common person....

....I have no problem with personal bow and arrow as much harder to do massive damage by single individual....

--> @sadolite
What is evil?

Evil is one of those hard to pin down, descriptive words that get's readily banded about and attached to a multitude of possibilities. As exemplified by your own multi-definitional usage.

Love is the same.

--> @sadolite
What well regulated militia do you belong to?
--> @zedvictor4
Yes yes yes evil is so hard to pin down. Suppose I am evil. Give me your address so I come come to your house and rape all the woman in your family while you watch and then cut all their heads off and then I'll cut your head off.
--> @disgusted
Me and my fellow gun owners is my militia. We meet regularly to shoot our firearms at the gun range regularly. You are not suggesting that we be regulated by the very entity that gave us all reason to own firearms are you?
--> @mustardness
It is people such as yourself and the good intentions that you have that make the world the hell it is now.  The road to hell is paved with you good intentions

--> @sadolite
I asked which well regulated militia as the 2nd amendment demands.
--> @sadolite
Someone like that/you should never have a gun.
guns are cool
--> @sadolite, @disgusted, @zedvictor4
Keep a civil tounge please, bearing in mind that this is not an individualistic matter per se, like personal preference

Evil was defined as requested earlier to mean "absolute power by any means necessary". It should be noted what seems unclear about this.

In the United States the "militia" is broadly composed of all able bodied mature male citizens up to the age of 45, not barred nor exempt, and females voluntarily enlisted in a state sanctioned guard.

A well regulated militia is supposed to be necessary to the security of a free state. The preexisting right to keep and bear arms is retained by the people, and not to be "infringed". The 2nd amendment originally applied only to the federal government and was later encorporated some time after the Civil War with application to the States. There have always been legal regulations.

Bill of Rights, Amendment II "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Whatever right in keeping and bearing arms, it is not necessarily tied to militia service, nor must it be contingent upon the Constitution the United States for its existence.
--> @sadolite
The road to hell is paved with you good intentions
I wouldnt Ive as Ive never been to hell and Ive been only many paths with people with good intentions.

Please tell us more about your  "good intentions" journe and your experiences in "hell".

Is this true for all people like you or just those like you that like to shoot bulltets at things?

--> @sadolite
Is that psychopathy or random violence?

Is psychopathy evil or is it physiological dysfunction?

Irrespective of what the outcome might be, is a random decision necessarily evil or is it simply just a random decision?

Though outcomes may vary, isn't brain function simply what it is?

Isn't evil the regard rather than the intent?

Nothing is more Texas than opening a beer bottle with your firearm.

... wait no, opening a beer bottle with your firearm while sitting in the back of a pickup truck.

Yeah, that's pretty Texas.

--> @Mopac
Will you be wearing denim dungarees, checked shirt, baseball cap and no shoes?
--> @zedvictor4
We're Texans, not hillbillies dude.