More Guns Thread

Author: Snoopy

Total: 111
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
I addressed your points. You live in denial.
You appear to be in constant state of paranoia, fear and denial. Until you can get out side your tapped mind there can exist no significant rational, logical common sensed disscussion betweeen us.

Sad :--(

It was and has been ever since;,

1} your refuseal to addressed my comments as stated ---multiple times ex "7th and 8th" etc in last my ls response to you,

2} your desire to not to have a rational, logical common sense back and forth disscusion, by doing #1 above,

It is sad :--( that you cannot see that your the one that is in denial because of  paranoia and lack of access to seemingly any imaginative faculties on these issues that,  Ive repeatedly laid in a simple and clear enumeration format for you tp address and respond to in a rational, logical common sense way.

You appear to be trapped in box of limited thoughts and ideas on these issues and possible scenarios humanity has the opportunity to go forward with.  I'm doubtful also, but once lose faith in humanity hope is not far behind.  Or is that the other way around? I dunno.

More and more and more weapons is dumb when we consider humanity that has such historically barbaric history. I'm sadden you cant see the obvious solution that has the best option forward.

You can ignore my comments again.  That does not make them invalid considerations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can you imagine a world not filled with people with good intentions?

1} unify humanity under common wholistic set of concerns and goals 
....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity

2} unified humanity agrees to dismantle all hydrogen and nuclear weapons,

3 } unified humanity agrees to dismantle all toxic weapons,

4} unified humanity agrees to abolish all larger weapons,

5} unified humanity agrees to abolish all medium size  weapons,

6} unified humanity agrees to abolish all small weapons { firearms }.

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

Club
Debates: 26
Club
I do love a good home cooked meal
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Snoopy
More security comes from the guns

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Vader
Yes, the placebo affect is effective in 10% of people in some lab experiments.

..."More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows
...More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

...Most of this research—and there have been several dozen peer-reviewed studies—punctures the idea that guns stop violence. In a 2015 study using data from the FBI and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for example, researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University reported that firearm assaults were 6.8 times more common in the states with the most guns versus those with the least.

...Also in 2015 a combined analysis of 15 different studies found that people who had access to firearms at home were nearly twice as likely to be murdered as people who did not.

.....This evidence has been slow to accumulate because of restrictions placed by Congress on one of the country's biggest injury research funders, the CDC. Since the mid-1990s the agency has been effectively blocked from supporting gun violence research. And the NRA and many gun owners have emphasized a small handful of studies that point the other way."...

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Vader

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Locks can provide a degree of security by design.  At times, carrying a gun is the best way to keep it secure, keeping it on your person.  I wouldn't say security comes from guns.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
I'm not sure what you mean here.  Locks can provide a degree of security by design.  At times, carrying a gun is the best way to keep it secure, on your person.  I wouldn't say security comes from guns.
You need to first drink the kool-aide, then you will better understand the "More Guns" equals more security scenario.

Person 1: I have four bazookas, 1 case of handgrenades, 10 tommy guns, and 5 sniper rifles ergo I feel more secure.

Person 2:  I stop by and visit when your not a home or maybe I will see you later with telescope from the 4th floor.

Person 1: You want be able to see me later as I never ever leave the security of my home.

Person 2:  Oh you mean at 157 Spruce Ave?

Person 1: No you numbskull, I live at 415 Security Road.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Believing that ore guns equal more security is placebo effect.

More weapons is not the path forward to long term survival of humans on Earth or anywhere else.

This is a minimal brainer for those who prefer rational, logical common sense over fear and paranoia.

..."Where there are more guns there is more homicide (literature review)
Our review of the academic literature found that a broad array of evidence indicates that gun availability is a risk factor for homicide, both in the United States and across high-income countries.  Case-control studies, ecological time-series and cross-sectional studies indicate that in homes, cities, states and regions in the U.S., where there are more guns, both men and women are at a higher risk for homicide, particularly firearm homicide."....

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness

More weapons is not the path forward to long term survival of humans on Earth or anywhere else.

How is the widespread ownership of small arms detrimental to the long term survival of humanity?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Superdudz--More security comes from the guns
Sorry Snoopy, I go you confused with Super-D

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
How is the widespread ownership of small arms detrimental to the long term survival of humanity?
Because more weapons, in general, is a security placebo effect, when n actuallity { reality } will lead to more fear and paranoia and then a humanity that is filled with fear and paranoia will not have a long term existence. Or so I believe.

Ask Sadolite if they could  imagine a world filled with people of good intentions and they could not answer the question, nor could they imagine a world filled with people who have bad intentions.

This because in both cases they are filled with paranoia and fear. Or so I believe.

Trust in others who have littel moral integrity { ergo bad intention people } can still leave us with a the placebo effect of security.

Trust in others who have greater moral integrity { good intention people } will leave us with  feeling of security.

Then there is the condition of people go greater moral integrity having their good intentions turn bad, and that can be from a few differrent reasons.

Then there is those people with lesser moral integrity having their bad intentions turn to good, and that can be from a few diffrerrent reasons.

To alleviate some of these issues, humanity must communicate as as unified whole, so that a trust can develope from trust that we know what are the intentions of other humans. We have to begin somewhere.  Humanity is unifying via corporate greed, not out of good intentions for the longest term survival of humanity. Do you understand.

The United Nations is operating on the end of the tail of mega-corporations whose #1` goal is money and not good intentions of people with great moral integrity.  Security comes from trust.

21 days later

Snoopy
Snoopy
Disgusted: A college girl obviously needs to carry an AR-15 with her at all times, after all right wing rapists are everywhere, they don't respect any woman's right to bodily autonomy, women need an assault rifle 24/7 not locked in a cupboard.
I mispoke, ALL women need an assault weapon 24/7 not just college women. [Misogynists] don't discriminate, they hate all women and don't accept any woman's right to bodily autonomy.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
@Alec
@dustryder
@Dr.Franklin

Copied from #Sexstrike and moved to the "More guns thread"

Already addressed, all women in America should be given an AR-15 for protection from right wing rapists who demand that no woman has bodily autonomy and as the 2nd says they have the right to carry such a weapon without restriction.
The godists always get confused about humans. Apparently they are well aware of a fictional character called satan and another one they call god but reality and humanity baffles them beyond belief.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Snoopy
Come back when you have a point.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Snoopy
I agree, if were going to talk gun control,talk about it here
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@dustryder
If guns were illegal, most women, including college aged women would want illegal guns because they are physically weaker than men and would want to protect themselves from rape.
Right now, most women don't want guns and they are legal.  If guns are illegal, almost every woman who gets raped would have no gun to protect themselves.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Right now, most women don't want guns and they are legal.  If guns are illegal, almost every woman who gets raped would have no gun to protect themselves. 
Despite guns being legal, almost every woman who gets raped didn't have a gun to protect themselves. There is little to no evidence that guns have ever been effectively used to prevent instances of rape.

In about 6% of rapes, a firearm was used to facilitate the rape.

The 2nd amendment does not protect women from rapists, and only helps rapists. All the data points to this conclusion
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
Testosterone, the gun hormone.

Aggression merely placates the procreational drive.

Two solutions:

1. Castration

2. Brothels. (Free, State regulated and inclusive).

Alec
Alec
-->
@zedvictor4
Castration is a bad idea.  How would people reproduce?

Brothels can spread STDs and cause unintended pregnancies, which lead to abortions.

Alec
Alec
-->
@dustryder
Despite guns being legal, almost every woman who gets raped didn't have a gun to protect themselves.
Encouraging females to get guns would reduce rape.

There is little to no evidence that guns have ever been effectively used to prevent instances of rape.
Chicago banned handguns in 1982, and their rape rate increased from the downward trend(http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/ilcrime.htm).

In about 6% of rapes, a firearm was used to facilitate the rape.
If rapists only have a gun for 6% of rapes, then a female with a gun will in 94% of rape instances can keep the rapist at bay.

The 2nd amendment does not protect women from rapists, and only helps rapists. All the data points to this conclusion
If guns are banned, then rapists who wish to use a gun will get one illegally and commit rape with them.  If everyone followed the law, why don't we cut to the chase and ban all murders and rapes?  Oh wait?  Some people don't care about the law.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Encouraging females to get guns would reduce rape.
There's no evidence of this. Those articles I linked above actually contraindicate this

Chicago banned handguns in 1982, and their rape rate increased from the downward trend(http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/ilcrime.htm).
Correlation does not equal causation. Is there any evidence that there were a substantial number of woman who previously did have handguns who subsequently did not which acted to increase the number of rapes?

If rapists only have a gun for 6% of rapes, then a female with a gun will in 94% of rape instances can keep the rapist at bay.
There's no evidence of this.

If guns are banned, then rapists who wish to use a gun will get one illegally and commit rape with them.  If everyone followed the law, why don't we cut to the chase and ban all murders and rapes?  Oh wait?  Some people don't care about the law.
Revoking the 2nd amendment is not equivalent to banning guns. At any-rate, what I'm simply saying is that the 2nd amendment does not defend females against rape. There is absolutely no data to support this claim.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
1. State managed breeding programmes. A.I. using accredited sperm donors, screened and selected for their non aggressive and unselfish temperament. 

2. Efficient State run Brothels, eliminates all your highlighted problems. Though; option 1 is preferable, as option 1 negates the need for option 2.

Option 1 allows for the creation of a single homogenised World species. Which would eradicate racial intolerance and national conflicts. 

Of course it would help if we could also eradicate the other two major stumbling blocks that prevent global peace and stability. Money and Religion.

Or more appropriately; Selfishness and Stupidity.