How Did You Become An Atheist?

Author: Wrick-It-Ralph

Total: 265
WyseGui
Debates: 0
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
I have said The ultimate Reality is God. Literally multiple times during this debate. Again, disagree and I can re post the evidence. it is there I promise you. That is what I keep saying. I also said that all we can say is we dont know if God exists.Your reply to me was that I dont't understand because if I did there would be no question, I don't want to understand and I am haughty. Remember. So I reevaluated and came at another angle which you apodictically agreed with.

I am going 100% off what you said. No superstitions, no preconceptions. You even agreed.You have contradicted yourself, not me. I ventured into your realm of logic. Why don't you do  just fix it instead of blaming me.

So is The ultimate Reality anything literally anything we experience after we die or is the Ultimate reality whatever God is? If you answer is It is whatever God is, then this is not apodictic and it is not self evident. And it is understood no matter how much you hate the idea. You walk by faith and not by sight, and that's okay. But that is the point I've been  making since we started this.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
You say "Is the ultimate reality whatever God is?"

It is closer to "God is whatever The Ultimate Reality is."

To say the ultimmate reality doesn't exist is self defeating.

You can't say, "It is the ultimste reality that there is no ultimate reality!"

It is not rational to deny God.

WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
I did not say.

"It is the ultimste reality that there is no ultimate reality!"
I did not deny God. I just told you:

I also said that all we can say is we dont know if God exists.

That is not a denial of God.

This is the contradiction. If:

It is closer to "God is whatever The Ultimate Reality is."
Then God could be nothing. Per you own words.

This universe is all there is
Etc

Every single one of these possibilities, if any of them are true at all, they do not and can not "render the Ultimate reality moot".

This is not Christian. This is what I am denying and focusing on because it is clearly contradictive. Otherwise you have to be saying God is on some level a specific thing like Christians do. If so I will again refer to my original argument.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
If the ultimate reality is nothing, how is there anything? This is just as nonsensical as saying "It is the truth that there is no truth!", and this is certainly nihilism.

This is not Christian. This is what I am denying and focusing on because it is clearly contradictive. Otherwise you have to be saying God is on some level a specific thing like Christians do. If so I will again refer to my original argument. 

What is contradictive? But really...

All the Christianity you are exposed to is likely heretical, so I don't believe.you know what Orthodox Christianity is or what is truly Christian.

WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
If the ultimate reality is nothing, how is there anything?
This is what I am asking you and my whole argument. I/We don't know. This is the contradiction I am talking about. You admitted that the ultimate reality can be nothing; I specifically said it was a possibility and you agreed. I just showed it to you. I copied and pasted it. Here:

This universe is all there is
Etc

Every single one of these possibilities, if any of them are true at all, they do not and can not "render the Ultimate reality moot".
The universe is all there is means nothing. I'm sure you understood that. Which makes Christianity pointless. Which makes what you're saying now about Christianity and God specifically a contradiction. Doesn't matter what you think I was exposed to. If there is nothing, what point is religion at all. Again I am using your logic. You agreed. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
The universe is a contingent existence, and is therefore not God.

"the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated."

Note that without observation or postulation, there is no universe.

The Ultimate Reality cannot be a contingent existence.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
It's not a massive claim,
It is a massive claim. It is just that you don't understand the complexity yourself of what YOU have claimed. And you haven't provided a single piece of evidence to support your claim. Again, this is your outrageous claim:

"we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

"YOU PROVE IT"!  Simply back it up. Just saying the words; "the theory of evolution" doesn't support what you claim. It is just a title of the proposed theory and nothing else.

it's the theory of evolution.

No, that is the title of the theory , and not you explaining it. And you haven't confirmed where you got the idea either, am I correct in assuming you are talking about Darwin's Theory of Evolution", or is their someone else that only you have heard of?.  You keep saying that " it's the theory of evolution", over and over and over and over,  so explain to us all with supporting evidence  the appearance of humans.  It's not a hard ask since you are giving us all the impression that you are somewhat more than familiar with Darwin's ( and Wallace's) THEORY of evolution.. So let's hear it? What are you scared of?  

I've told you to get an education.
I have had one. You insist on others providing evidence and proof of claims they make but when called upon to do so yourself , you become abusive and evasive, why is that? 

I have told you twice already Darwin and Wallace admit to being at a loss when it comes to the "sudden appearance" of humans. So maybe you can tell us all what both  Darwin and Wallace have failed to tell us.

Come on and hurry up about it!

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@WyseGui
Do you not see how these 2 things are specifically contradictive?
Of course he doesn't see that, he never will. Trolls don't use their brains, they don't have logic, or reason or any form of rationale. You will just bang your head against a wall every time you engage that troll. Don't feed the troll.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
*chucks the troll a dog biscuit*
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
Thanks for the biscuit. 

A 5000 year audit. 
Ok lets say after compiling all 5000 years of humans trying to prove a god exists. Or proof of god. 
Whatever gathering all this information you guys have then Running it through the " SUPER COMPUTER " 5500 Model with the extra ram and bias control ego blockers.  A truly great bit of kit. 
After Allllllllllll The evidence FOR god existing has been processed. 
In 5000 year the best proof we have for God existing . ( ger ready for this mopac. ) 
Coming in at NUMBER ONE . For the 1000 consecutive week now. 

Ladies and gentlemen i give to you ........      for

THE ( PROOF GOD EXISTS ) TOP 100 PROOFS.

#1. The ultimate reality exists thus God exists. 
It gets worse from here 

#2. Who gives a crap. 

Good game 
Good game.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Apodictic truth means that once you understand what is actually being said, the truth of it is self evident.

All of Christianity theology is apodictic truth, and The existence of God is the easiest one to demonstrate.
WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Goldtop
Yea I give up. I very clearly stated the contradiction he created. He keeps defecting. I'm not about to keep playing this game. I was fair. But I give up.  

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@WyseGui
Look at his post count, most are the same thing over and over, literally thousands of times. Each time he manages to troll someone, he pulls them into the same rat hole, endlessly repeating his mantra. Straight jacket and padded cell.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
Yet, none of these examples you listed are The Ultimate Reality. If they were the ultimate reality, that is what it would be.

So I think you are missing the big IF.

The Ultimate Reality cannot be any of the things that you mentioned. I know this. However, if it was, The Ultimate Reality Is That It Is.

As I said, your agitation, irritation, impatience, whatever you want to call it is certainly a manifestation of some type of passion defiling your intellect. It should be apparent that impatience compromises good reason and sense.

If you love The Truth, recognize that charity is a virtue. 

Don't give up now when we are inching towards having a good conversation!

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@WyseGui
Don't you know yet, all theists are trolls. And here you are. 
WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
You completely ignored the last point i just made. I cant. I showed it to you twice. I'm good. Now I'm starting to feel silly. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
Perhaps you simply did not perceive my addressing it in my response.

If you are not satisfiied, I would appreciate it if you would reword your point for the sake of my comprehension.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Don't you know yet, all theists are trolls. And here you are.
I have said it before, and I'll say it again.

Trolling is a fishing term.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The existence of God is the easiest one to demonstrate.
You can't and haven't.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
As long as you make God something other than what I am saying, it is easy to say this.

But this has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with your own embrace of delusion.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You still can't and still haven't.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
I couldn't anymore than I could teach 2 + 3 = 5 to someone who insists that a 2 is a 0.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You are an absolute liar, is that you or do you need your primitive beliefs to do that?

The existence of God is the easiest one to demonstrate.
Go ahead, LIAR.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@Wrick-It-Ralph
LOOK in the mirror...all anyone need is between their EARS...sadly the majority of humans are BRAINWASHED and HYPNOTIZED into dumbed 
down slaves of clever MIND and LIFE MURDERING psychopaths....most who hide behind some GOD hoax, Political Circus, Business Maze,

all HUMANS seem do do well is MURDER each other both PHYSICALLY... but especially MENTALLY....=  the OPEN MIND CONSTRUCT....the BODY is not a TERRORIST MURDERER it is merely an AVATAR a TOOL...it's the "INVISIBLE Parasite Vampire VOMIT" flowing in the neural network of HUMANITIES BRAIN....that is used as TOOL to create FEAR - INTIMIDATION - VIOLENCE....

This relatively small FLESHY SPONGE = BRAIN becomes the WAREHOUSE of methods to MURDER and DESTROY its own species and all other
life forms on EARTH.....how utterly INSANE for these pathetic humans to use some GOD hoax as a TOOL to extinguish themselves...and to also
PLAY GOD in Government and Business for the same intention...POWER and CONTROL or DIE....

Wake UP HUMANS...your time on this world and in this LIFE FORM is fading.....either eliminate the Parasite VAMPIRE diseases of GODS and 
PLAYING GOD...or forever be EXTINCT...and rightfully so....your place in the COSMOS is NOT VIABLE....extinction eminent...

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
One doesn't become an atheist.

One becomes a theist.

We are all born atheists and remain so until we assume differently.