Topic's posts

Posts in total: 9
  • crossed
    crossed avatar
    Debates: 60
    Forum posts: 498
    crossed avatar
    crossed
    using pictures is one of the best ways i use to explain things. especially the stuff you can not word.

allow pictures on this site.pls
  • Alec
    Alec avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 2,474
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    --> @bsh1 @David @DebateArt.com
    Read post above.
  • David
    David avatar
    Debates: 78
    Forum posts: 1,173
    David avatar
    David
    --> @Alec @crossed
    This is In the work 
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 292
    Forum posts: 8,902
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    It costs extra to host images on the website itself, which is a prerequisite to displaying them.

This is a cost that the owner isn't willing to spend, as it's a site whose only revenue is from donations via Patreon.

That's the long and short of it.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 292
    Forum posts: 8,902
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    You can embed images but to automate it happening from links costs money to employ as it takes server space/energy.

If everyone knows embed coding and pasted precisely that, there comes to be a new issue; enabling HTML and CSS will mean users can post trip-scripts (so you visit this page and it redirects you to another) among much else.
  • DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 1,223
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @Alec @crossed
    It's exactly as what RM said. I am already -14$ dollars per month for the hosting services, self hosting images would bump the hosting expenses even more and frankly, I am not motivated to pay even more outta my own pocket. Images could be hosted elsewhere but sometimes it's also tricky and another problem is that allowing image posting may screw up the design, i.e. lots of tall ugly posts with only image in them. So it may come in the future, but I am not exactly sure when.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 29
    Forum posts: 10,807
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    linking to phots work just as fine
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 29
    Forum posts: 10,807
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    there is nothing wrong with the current system, at the moment it works and should not be needed to be improved
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 7,303
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @DebateArt.com
    If you were to do such a thing, it might be a good idea to have the images load seperately from the page. Like, click a link to show the image. 

If you were to implement images, that is. It isn't an issue I particularly care about.