-->
@Dr.Franklin
No it doesn't. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Being born has nothing to do with living. One second before and after birth, what significant physical changes does it go through that makes it alive vs not alive. To expand on that, do you think it is dead before it is born?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
When your a human in development, you have a right to life
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Wylted
A baby 1 day prior to birth is the same as one born a day after birth with one exception, which is merely it's location.
False.  Not new news that some around here do not care about truth, facts, morals, justice and fair play regarding pregnant woman and their bodily autonomy. Others should kkep their friggin nose out of pregnant womans bodily business unless she gives her consent for other to stick their in to her bodily business.  Simple not difficult to grasp.

1} fertilized egg is  inside { location } fallopian tube pregnant woman and shows no evidence of a well defined, brain, heart, skeletal system etc,

2}  fertilized egg travels 10 - 24 hrs and attachs to uterus wall,

3} all nutrition comes through the umbilical chord attachment to uterus wall

4} early fetus attached receives all nutrition and oxygen via umbilical chord  inside { location } the pregnant woman  shows little to no well defined development of heart, brains, lungs etc,

5}  later fetus/baby inside { location } woman and all nutrition and oxygen comes via umbilical chord attachment to womb and find more defined development of of heart, lungs, brain etc,

6} 9 months later the fetus/baby is born to environment outside of the pregnant woman { now a  mother provided the fetus/baby lives outside of the womb{ no gurranttees } and baby is no longer a fetus provided it takes its first INspiration etc and the umbilical chord attachment to womb is severed.

disgusted
disgusted
weed
That's not possible. Try reality
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Every woman has the absolute right to her bodily autonomy, thus making abortion a question that only involves one person...the woman.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21

If the fetus is not a part of the woman then removing it will be of no consequence to your supposed separate "human"
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No you really don't. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@bmdrocks21
Being born is what makes a person a person. Before that you are just a potential person. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
They are not their mother-they have different, distinct DNA.
If the fetus is a separate human being who is not part of the woman then it won't hurt to remove it and the woman is under no obligation to support this growth that is not a part of her.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@mustardness
The baby one day before birth is the same as 1 day after birth. We can talk about why murdering it in earlier stages of the pregnancy is wrong as well, but honestly it should just be a given that murder is wrong and people should not be pieces of shit who advocate for murder.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I would like to get this straight because you seem to simultaneously hold two positions. If you are arguing for when it is no longer a potential person, your argument must be viability. It can't be being released from the womb. That has nothing to do for potential life. However, it is not a potential life as a fetus. It is a life. It may not survive pregnancy, but until it dies, it is alive in every sense of the word.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@bmdrocks21
Until you are born you are not a person with rights. Period. The fact a fetus is alive is irrelevant. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ok, so you are arguing from a legal standpoint. You are arguing that the government gives the right to life at birth. Well, unfortunately, the government isn't the author of rights. It is put into place for the people, not the other way around. If you want to argue from the government perspective, try defending Nazis and Communists who didn't offer rights to Jews or Capitalists. It was perfectly legal, but I doubt you would admit they are justified. Correct? Rights exist, whether or not the government protects them or approves of them. The right to life exists for all humans, despite our government's laws and policies
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@bmdrocks21
The government is not the institutor or rights. They exist. Our government happens to acknowledge them. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bmdrocks21
Rights exist
Care to explain how they exist outside the government?
Are you saying as an idea?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Yes you really do
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Essentially. I am saying that you and I have the right to life unless we do something to forfeit that right(ie attempt to murder someone-self defense). Whether or not the government or other citizens respect it, it is something that we do have a right to have
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
It acknowledges them...except in cases of abortion, unjustified wars, and other such things
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bmdrocks21
Essentially. I am saying that you and I have the right to life unless we do something to forfeit that right(ie attempt to murder someone-self defense). Whether or not the government or other citizens respect it, it is something that we do have a right to have
Where does that right come from?
Who protects that right?

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Well, I believe in the inalienable rights. They are inherent. Not sure how much you read. Government's are set up to protect those rights. They don't always do it, obviously. I'm sure you would agree right to life is important. I'm sure we'd disagree on abortion, so let us use the example of adult on adult murder. If the government isn't stopping people from murdering each other, that doesn't mean that they don't have a right to life. It just means we aren't guarding that right to life. Hence my stance on abortion. I think it is murder, and we aren't stopping it.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
What are your thoughts on birth control and artificial womb R&D?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
In terms of birth control, I think condoms are fine. I'm not a big fan of "the pill" because it messes with Women's hormones and can have pretty bad health effects. What do you mean by artificial womb? IVF?

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
Or actually growing a child outside of a womb?

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
As a side note, not a fan of IVF. They throw away or experiment on extra fertilized eggs. It also has lower success rates unless there are severe problems on the woman's part. So, if it raises rates of miscarriage, I'm generally against it, but I wouldn't make using it illegal if it is used to induce pregnancy
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bmdrocks21
Well, I believe in the inalienable rights. They are inherent.
Can you prove they are inherent?
Government's are set up to protect those rights.
No disagreement here.
I'm sure you would agree right to life is important.
Yes but it doesn't mean we have a right to life. Life is important in various categories and in other categories it is not. That "Yes" was based on categories life was important.
I'm sure we'd disagree on abortion
Maybe.
Hence my stance on abortion. I think it is murder, and we aren't stopping it.
I would like to know how a right to life is inherent.
Sure you can think abortion but that isn't the contention I had. If you want to discuss it then after the explaining inherent rights part. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Wylted
The baby one day before birth is the same as 1 day after birth. We can talk about why murdering it in earlier stages of the pregnancy is wrong as well, but honestly it should just be a given that murder is wrong and people should not be pieces of shit who advocate for murder.

I addressed the nonsensical false statement in #244 and here again your limited brain abilities and closed mind abhor truth. Sad  :--(

False.  Not new news that some around here do not care about truth, facts, morals, justice and fair play regarding pregnant woman and their bodily autonomy. Others should keep their friggin nose out of pregnant womans bodily business unless she gives her consent for other to stick their in to her bodily business.  Simple not difficult to grasp.

1} fertilized egg is  inside { location } fallopian tube pregnant woman and shows no evidence of a well defined, brain, heart, skeletal system etc,

4} early fetus attached receives all nutrition and oxygen via umbilical chord  inside { location } the pregnant woman  shows little to no well defined development of heart, brains, lungs etc,

5}  later fetus/baby inside { location } woman and all nutrition and oxygen comes via umbilical chord attachment to womb and find more defined development of of heart, lungs, brain etc,

6} 9 months later the fetus/baby is born to environment outside of the pregnant woman { now a  mother provided the fetus/baby lives outside of the womb{ no gurranttees } and baby is no longer a fetus provided it takes its first INspiration etc and the umbilical chord attachment to womb is severed.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@mustardness
I only brought up the unethical nature of late term abortions for non medical reasons. what the hell do your facts on early fetuses have to do with that? Please address the points and if your IQ is too low to do that, find another forum to post on

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Wylted
I only brought up the unethical nature of late term abortions for non medical reasons. what the hell do your facts on early fetuses have to do with that? Please address the points and if your IQ is too low to do that, find another forum to post on
PLease keep you runethical and perverted nose out of pregnant womens bodily business is simple morality that your ego and problems with women will not allow you to do. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I addressed the nonsensical false statement in #244 and here again your limited brain abilities and closed mind abhor truth. Sad  :--(

False.  Not new news that some around here do not care about truth, facts, morals, justice and fair play regarding pregnant woman and their bodily autonomy. Others should keep their friggin nose out of pregnant womans bodily business unless she gives her consent for other to stick their in to her bodily business.  Simple not difficult to grasp.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@mustardness
I would say that morality goes to pro-life