Christain "purity" author renounces faith

Author: Stronn

Total: 3
Stronn
Debates: 0
Stronn

A former pastor who wrote a bestselling book on traditional relationships has confirmed the end of his marriage, apologized for opposing LGBTQ rights and announced he is no longer a Christian.

Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye", which railed against sex before marriage and homosexuality, sold over 1 million copies and became a fixture in Christian youth groups after coming out 22 years ago.

But Harris now says the 1997 work "contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry," and that he has "undergone a massive shift in regard to my faith in Jesus."

Writing on Instagram, he added: "By all the measurements that I have for defining a Christian, I am not a Christian."

"I have lived in repentance for the past several years -- repenting of my self-righteousness, my fear-based approach to life, the teaching of my books, my views of women in the church, and my approach to parenting to name a few," Harris wrote in the post.

"To the LGBTQ+ community, I want to say that I am sorry for the views that I taught in my books and as a pastor regarding sexuality. I regret standing against marriage equality, for not affirming you and your place in the church, and for any ways that my writing and speaking contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry. I hope you can forgive me," he went on.

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
If anyone is interested, this is essentially the same thing, but from a different source, and more quotations.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stronn

Stronn,

I too am questioning Jesus and Christianity in my link below, where if one is a TRUE Christian, then they have to accept Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, as a brutal serial killer of innocent fetus,' babies, and children.  How does the Christian defend this biblical axiom and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath?  :(