What is your goal, mine is to go to heaven
Goal in Life
Are we talking about long-term goals or short-term goals?
Do you have any other goals?
Having no goals can really make you miserable.
i do have a goal
That's a death goal not a life goal
No my life goal is to make it into heaven
But you already are going to, right?
All you have to do is believe, and you do
Then what do you have to do to reach your goal?
Be a good Christian
In what way? What specific things do you need to do?
The ten commandments?
What happens if you mess up? Will you still get in somehow?
If you turn your life around,yes
I have several goals but one of my life goals is to eventually write a book on ancient metrology
As one wise man once said:
"The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't the search for meaning; it's just to keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead."
awesome go for it
Goals I've already met(in no particular order) :
- Finished various video/computer games, such as those in the Ace Attorney series, Zelda,Mario games, etc
- Graduated High School
- Acquired an Associate degree in psychology
- Became an Eagle Scout
- Got married
- My first job
- I'm sure when I was like 4 I had a goal of making my first friend, ofcourse I have already(would be pretty sad otherwise)
Goals yet to met, In order of when I am to complete them:
- Win the game of Forum Mafia I'm in
- Figure out what's going on in my head and get it treated(been experiencing unexpected seizures it seems, never known to have seizures before). Given the background knowledge in cognitive science I have, I suspect they are localized to my left brain hemisphere(the right side of my body is what is affected usually), starting in the frontal lobe(they start with mood changes and issues with judgment) and going to the occipital lobe(the seizures end in hallucinations usually) Only reason this isn't my first listed goal is that my appointment with a neurologist is later than when the game of Mafia I'm in is likely to end lol. Order of when I am to have these goals done, of course, doesn't indicate order of importance. Obviously, this would be number one in such an order
- Probably finish some other games I'm playing and may play, I can't predict what games I'm going to be involved in yet
- Finish schooling for a double major in Philosophy and Neuroscience
- Get accepted into a Ph.D program for the interdisciplinary field of cognitive science
(apologies for the break in format. I think the ordered lists options above don't go beyond 5)
6. Other miscelleneous, unforeseen goals
7. Finish that Ph.D
8. Move to a country with a better healthcare system than the US, probably Italy.
9. Miscellaneous goals
10. Help develop sentient, true AI.
11. Find a way to merge my mind with it, and transfer myself to an android. Fuck humanity. (yes, this is literally one of my motivations for wanting this. I hate humanity to the point I don't want to be human anymore. Though at times I also love it... a love-hate relationship with humanity is what I have. )
A comfortable death.
9 days later
A good life.