God is actually a chemical.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 28
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I don't know if this should go in the science forum, but whatever.

Whenever the brain doesn't understand something, it produces chemicals to provide discomfort, much in the way your limbs feel pain if there is something wrong with them. Evolution has given humans this adaptation so that they can be more aware of the actual world they live in. For example, if a caveman doesn't see a panther but he can hear a panther, he immediately discards the first idea that he is safe just because he can't see the threat. The chemicals in his brain force him to resolve that conflict in the perception of the real world.

When a person feels pain, there are 2 choices. Address the reason for the pain, or just take medicine to dull the pain.

When a person feels uncertainty about the world they also have 2 choices. Address the logical fallacies or escape in a delusion of a God fantasy.
God is the chemical that keeps the brain happy and sedated.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Greyparrot
When a person feels uncertainty about the world they also have 2 choices. Address the logical fallacies or escape in a delusion of a God fantasy.

Spiritual/Theistic beliefs are not built around uncertainty, rather observation. It doesn't follow that experiences, observations, reasoning, commonsense and logic about the reality of God are due to uncertainty, non-sequitur.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
I am pretty sure i know which chemicals make me feel happy and sedated... and they have nothing to do with god. I actually feel like the devil when i sedate myself... so, you're a little off. 

The idea of a "god" makes me feel nothing. Not happiness or sadness. The idea personally scares the crap out of me at the same time giving me a weird sense of hope. I like exactly who i am now... i don't want that to change. However, my spiritual belief implicates i will momentarily change and become infinite consciousness just like everyone else. You can call this point god if you wish... but, it is nothing, it is emptiness... immortality is correlative to hell for me and i suspect everyone else living here. So, god isn't the feel good experience as you portray. I believe i will become god for a moment, but very quickly after i will be me again... a mortal experiencing another mortal experience. 

You should say which god you are talking about... bc not all god concepts are rainbows.  
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Greyparrot
Could you elaborate more on these chemicals? I'm not familiar with a "God" chemical.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
You can call this point god if you wish... but, it is nothing, it is emptiness... immortality is correlative to hell for me and i suspect everyone else living here.

I wouldn't exactly say it's "nothing" because if you are That, and It is you It's the reason you are here so you would be a projection of That. So by extension That's not a nothing and not really an "IT", because It (your higher state of being) had a desire for you to be here, It created the environment for you to be projected into. That's a creative conscious awareness, which IS something and not emptiness except if by empty you mean disassociated or indifferent. If the higher reality has a desire and an ability to create then "It" could be considered an Entity, or disembodied consciousness like we talk about and if it's intelligent then I don't know if it's accurate to call the Creator an It. I only use "It" as in indicating that there is no male or female role (He/She) not that there's some inanimate/mindless reality where everything originates.

Everything else I'd pretty much agree with except you may not feel immortality is hell if you truly knew you would no longer exist when you die, and how this infinite conscious awareness has created many realms and planes to experience in and through, including the ones you will create as we progress on this spiritual journey. Or possibly before or after this journey. It's really an endless potential and since you are in fact here and exist it's one to be excited about. Remember if you no longer exist, then that would mean everything about you would be lost, your individuality, passions, uniqueness, your hobbies and everything you've worked for both materially and on a conscious level. Luckily for you that is not what happens and when you leave this physical form you will remember how beautiful it is away from a material body and how much less limited you are. You won't be horrified trust me lol. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
 I believe i will become god for a moment, but very quickly after i will be me again... a mortal experiencing another mortal experience. 

That's entirely possible, if that's what your desires dictate but as I said you may not want to come back here so soon or at least in this realm once you see how grand it is away from the body. I agree that the infinite consciousness would eventually want to be isolated/projected away from a singular reality and that's why all this exists, to simulate the experience of duality, contrast and separation so that the soul can experience. The downside is that the infinite reality where you fall back to always exists, the upside is that all your inner being never disappears...it's a double sided coin really but it is what it is, the Creator or first Source can never erase Itself it can only hide through you. In that sense it could be said "an Immortal experiencing a mortal experience". What do you think about that?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Greyparrot
The Truth is God.

That being the case, you are very off the mark.
Willows
Willows
-->
@EtrnlVw
And what sort of observations would spiritual beliefs be based around?

A:  Delusion and hallucinations.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Willows
Sorry Willy, you're going to have to up your game in this forum if you want me to accept your assertions and opinions as more than that. Back to your old trolling ways, I guess Debateisland wasn't doing it for ya was it? grow up.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
I wouldn't exactly say it's "nothing" because if you are That, and It is you It's the reason you are here so you would be a projection of That. 

It is nothing in the sense that it is everything. You become the start and finish, know every beginning and end, are everything. So by extension you are also nothing. You're not the same person you are now, a limited entity. You will be unlimited. And, to be unlimited isn't sustainable for your current self. It isn't living when you know the story from beginning to end. Every story you have ever lived or could live. You become truly infinite and bc of that, you aren't truly existing. 

That's entirely possible, if that's what your desires dictate but as I said you may not want to come back here so soon or at least in this realm once you see how grand it is away from the body. 
You got it a bit wrong. I don't believe you will stay as the source for long for the reasons above. You will likely momentarily be within the source but soon "wake up" back to your individual source. One might stay in their individual source for a little while bc at that point you will already have started blocking your infinite knowledge out. But even then you will have a personal type of omniscience. You won't truly be experiencing until you pick an experience. Now... i don't think i will be coming back to this specific reality for a long time. I will likely manifest in a reality where there is magic / powers. That is the type of person i am... a fan of fantasy, so my next experience which will quickly happen from my source self will be another mortal experience but within a different reality. Actually, as you know... i may not even be technically mortal in my next experience if i pick something on the lines of being a vampire. But, even if i am immortal in that experience i will still be limited, and death will always be an option eventually coming to pass. So maybe not a mortal experience but a finite one. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
It is nothing in the sense that it is everything. You become the start and finish, know every beginning and end, are everything. So by extension you are also nothing. You're not the same person you are now, a limited entity. You will be unlimited. And, to be unlimited isn't sustainable for your current self. It isn't living when you know the story from beginning to end. Every story you have ever lived or could live. You become truly infinite and bc of that, you aren't truly existing. 

Since when does everything become nothing? It's not nothing, rather just a singular reality and that is not a nothing. If it was a nothing It would have no ability to project anything, create anything or desire the experience of anything. Having all knowledge does not equate to being nothing IMO, I don't see how that follows. If you are a projection of the first Source you are just a limited, smaller version. Then it follows that if you're something (not nothing), than this reality is even more of a something. Correct? how can you call everything that you ARE a nothing, do you know what that word means? Nothing- "not anything", conscious awareness whether embodied or not is not a nothing, it exists therefore IS a something.

You got it a bit wrong. I don't believe you will stay as the source for long for the reasons above. You will likely momentarily be within the source but soon "wake up" back to your individual source.

Not at all, you have it a bit wrong. While in the embodiment you are not in the fully awake state, no no. It's when you leave the embodiment that you wake up, not the other way around. You seem to get confused in the positioning of you...vs the higher awareness. YOU are the one that's limited and projected, therefore it's YOU, in this body that wakes up. These bodies are not us, they are simply a temporary vehicle, likewise our experience in these bodies are in a lowered state of awareness much like sleeping, this reality is not the ultimate reality, it is a simulation of types only on a grand scale.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
Your not understanding how something that is everything is also not existing in the sense we are aware of existing. It's not literally nothing, you are being too realist right now on the definition. To be everything you are an "it" bc you are in a state of indifference with absolute knowledge. But mainly, not existing and existing at the same time. An infinite everything is every opposite you can think of. It wouldn't be truly existing at the same time existing as something. It is infinitely intelligent and omnipotent. And with that comes a state of non-existence. The same as a book not existing. The author knows everything about the book... from beginning to end. But it isn't truly being experienced until the author puts that down on paper so that the book can be experienced. Or think of an infinite stretch of sand. One can make a sand castle and actualize the castle and/or experience it. However, one doesn't need to create the castle. Even without the castle being created... it already exists in the sand. Everything exists in the sand even without creating it. It is truly being experienced once it is formed. So, there is no castle... i.e. nothing, but the castle exists already in the sand without it being created... it's there even if you don't see it.. and is truly being experienced once it is formed.   

By definition these bodies are us, bc it is me that is in the body. The body is a vessel which i can agree with, but it is a vessel carrying the individual called Outplayz. This individual is part of this infinite consciousness, and when it goes back to the source... it is not me anymore. I have to individualize to be me. I can't be everything and still be who i am now and/or who i am as an individual... by definition. That is why i know i am not going to stay in the source state... it isn't a reality i prefer personally and more so scares the crap out of me. Which is also why i am here existing as me instead of being in the source self. But you don't believe we have individualized from the source state... i do. I believe we have evolved out of the source as an individual source. Everyone will go back to the source bc that is home, but soon individualize again to prepared for your next individual experience. I don't believe we stay in a source state bc in that source state you won't have individual choice. It would be the source state that dictates your next experience... not you, again by definition if you are everyone and everything it isn't you choosing. I believe i can choose, therefore, it follows i have an individual source state. Maybe that isn't true for everyone, but i choose to believe it is true for me.    

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
Whatever you want brother, I'm just trying to find ways to bridge the small gaps between our beliefs with simple commonsense. It's cool I'll just leave it be it doesn't really matter. I don't think it's me being too literal, rather your usage of terms and words are inaccurate. That's not an insult I'm just saying I'm using correct definitions while also making sense, and using logic. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
I can say the same thing to you. Instead of asserting you are making sense and logic, demonstrate where my logic doesn't make sense. I made it quite clear with my analogies what i mean. And, btw... those analogies, except for the author one, isn't my analogy. Obviously, someone else gets it, but i won't use that fallacy to say i am right. You either get what i am saying or don't. Be honest if you don't get something. You don't know everything, man. Don't pretend you do. I am quite clear that my belief only applies to what i know can happen to me. It can very well be different for you... but nothing i said doesn't follow a logical line of reasoning in metaphysical conjecture.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
I can say the same thing to you.

Before that happens you will have to tighten up your understanding of terms and what those terms mean. So far that's not happening. So it follows what I'm saying is logically and technically more accurate. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
demonstrate where my logic doesn't make sense.

NOTHING-
not anything; no single thing.

AWARENESS/AWARE-
knowledge or perception of a situation or fact
the quality or state of being aware : knowledge and understanding that something is happening or exists

CONSCIOUNESS-
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings
the awareness or perception of something by a person
the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world

Number one, you're asserting that everything, having all knowledge means that it's somehow a nothing. You're saying it but you're not showing it, with the understanding of terms. If the first Source is both aware, and conscious then by definition it can't be nothing. It's simple really and I don't see what your problem with accepting it is. I can except it's non-dualistic, if that's what you mean, but again this reality is more something than anything projected from It.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
but it is a vessel carrying the individual called Outplayz. This individual is part of this infinite consciousness, and when it goes back to the source... it is not me anymore. I have to individualize to be me. I can't be everything and still be who i am now and/or who i am as an individual... by definition. That is why i know i am not going to stay in the source state...

None of what you wrote above have I said otherwise. Not sure how you didn't know that I believe in the projection of the soul, which is an individualized expression of the infinite. I thought we had that covered :(

But you don't believe we have individualized from the source state... i do.

Then at this point I know you haven't even listened to what I've said, wow. I've said that over and over, that we are an individualization. How did you not know that?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
But you don't believe we have individualized from the source state... i do. I believe we have evolved out of the source as an individual source.

EtrnlVw wrote....."LOL, however true when a person understands the nature of conscious awareness, soul and an omnipresent reality like we deduce. Souls are an extension of the first Source, by nature there is no distinction. Hey have you watched a move called "The Thirteenth Floor"?"

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw

NOTHING-
not anything; no single thing
I told you i didn't mean the literal definition of nothing. You know just as well that metaphysical conjecture uses words differently. I explained exactly what i meant in the analogies i provided. The infinite consciousness is everything without it having to be actualized. Therefore, technically there is nothing there "to see" ... until it manifests itself into becoming something. For instance, as an observer of the infinite sand you would say there is no sand castle if it isn't manifested. However, the sand castle exists within the sand... it just hasn't been actualized yet. Therefore, until it is actualized... from an observer perspective, you would see nothing there, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Get it?  

I never refuted this or the definition of consciousness. I am only saying that in the source state you are a different awareness or consciousness by being those two infinitely. Therefore, it really isn't existing when you know the beginning and end of every story. At least for me, that wouldn't be existing. I define existing as having an individual experience. Of course, you are still existing in general... as a different entity however that is all powerful. I find knowing everything to be a curse, and not truly existing. This is subjective i guess. Some may like that feeling. It's the same if i said i am not truly existing playing the piano... i feel like i am existing playing the drums. Same thing is what i mean. 

None of what you wrote above have I said otherwise. Not sure how you didn't know that I believe in the projection of the soul, which is an individualized expression of the infinite. I thought we had that covered :(
I don't know. Then why did you refute when i explained first i become the source, and slowly wake up to being an individual source. I explained that source is your home, but you start to individualize "within the source or other" i'm not sure of that... but, individualize and then pick your next experience. You refuted that. 

Then at this point I know you haven't even listened to what I've said, wow. I've said that over and over, that we are an individualization. How did you not know that?
You will have to explain again why you refuted what i said "you will be the source than your individualized source state." I thought you had agreed to the individualized state... but, i think we define it slightly different... i don't know. I don't have a great memory when it comes to specifics such as this... you just refuted so i am confused where you find it different than what i said.  

I suspect you are misconstruing my use of the word waking up. What i mean is you become the source... everything. But before you pick your next experience, you individualize then decide from there. In other words,or my words, you wake up from being everything to you again before choosing the next experience you will have. I'm not sure about this... the source can very well dictate your next experience. However, i would rather it be an individual choice. And for it to be that, there needs to be another state where you individualize before manifesting into another vessel. That's what i mean.  
Willows
Willows
-->
@EtrnlVw
I made no assertion.
You have to lift your game considerably if you wish to display any sort of intellect above that of a mentally challenged ameba.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't know if this should go in the science forum, but whatever.

Whenever the brain doesn't understand something, it produces chemicals to provide discomfort, much in the way your limbs feel pain if there is something wrong with them. Evolution has given humans this adaptation so that they can be more aware of the actual world they live in. For example, if a caveman doesn't see a panther but he can hear a panther, he immediately discards the first idea that he is safe just because he can't see the threat. The chemicals in his brain force him to resolve that conflict in the perception of the real world.

When a person feels pain, there are 2 choices. Address the reason for the pain, or just take medicine to dull the pain.

God is the chemical that keeps the brain happy and sedated.
What do you mean by "address the logical fallacies"? Are you saying all uncertainty about the world is caused by logical fallacies?

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@EtrnlVw
"observations" like flying around god worlds. Oh dear.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@EtrnlVw
Spiritual/Theistic beliefs are not built around uncertainty, rather observation. It doesn't follow that experiences, observations, reasoning, commonsense and logic about the reality of God are due to uncertainty, non-sequitur.

You observed God? Budding magicians all over the world will want to learn your secret.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Greyparrot
An evolution "just so' story with no validity.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
@Greyparrot
You don't need to know The Truth to know that The Truth exists.

There is no doubt about the existence of God.

Magicians are more concerned with shaping and contorting reality than actually accepting it. If they seek any truth at all it is for the aim of honing their art.

Magic is fundamentally based on deception. It is after all, the utilization of belief as a tool.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Smithereens
.."I'm not familiar with a "God" chemical."...

What he should have stated, is that there are chemicals that make us feel one { connected } with God/Universe.

Concept of Universe/God stem from belief there must exist a greater integrity i.e. a great finite wholeness that is inviolate and can be trusted to follow cosmic law/principles/patterns.

3-fold tetr{4}hedron is minimal { base }  regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedron of God/Universe

4-fold octa{8}hedron is medio { transitional } regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedron of Universe/God

5-fold icosa{20}hedron is the maximal { wholistic } regular/symmetrical and conved polyhedron of Universe/God

Water is based on dynamic tetrahedral structure and 8 electrons.

My first cousin is always saying God is water. I think he says that because biological life is mostly 85% water.

Paul
Paul
-->
@Greyparrot
It's a little more complicated than just a chemical reaction. The physical structure of the brain plays a part and there are many factors that come built in from our evolutionary past like the false positive.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Smithereens
To clarify, molecules, chemical or herbal that can be ingested.

What he should have stated, is that there are chemicals that make us feel one { connected } with God/Universe.