Welcome to Buddas Beginner Series 1.2! This game will be Role Madness! This will be a closed set-up game, with the roles present in the game taken from a umbrella list of roles. It is important to note that flavors and third party inclusion is potential in this game, but not necessarily guaranteed. The potential flavornings present for specific roles will be supplied as well.
Potential Role List
- Cop- May investigate one player a night and determine their affiliation.
Naive- All investigations will produce innocent results
Paranoid- All investigations will produce guilty results
Insane- All investigations will produce an opposite result to actual affiliation(ex. the guilty will appear innocent and vice versa).
- Doctor- May protect one person a night from death
- Bodyguard- May protect one person a night from death, except unlike the doctor, the bodyguard dies in place of the targeted for death player.
- Watcher- May watch over one person a night and determine any players who visited that targeted player, but not what actions were taken.
Naive- will always produce the result of no person visiting the player
- Tracker- Can target one person a night and determine what player was visited by that target, if any player was visited at all.
Naive- will always produce a result of the player not visiting any other
Paranoid- will always produce a result of the target player visiting the NK target.
- JOAT(Jack-of-all-trades)- A role that is afforded a variety of 1x use roles. Ex: 1x cop, 1x doc, 1x tracker. Any potential flavorings of roles apply to the 1x uses.
- Commuter- Any actions that target the commuter fail.
- Roleblocker- May target one player a night and prevent them from taking any action if any actions are able to be taken.(players will not be specifically notified their actions were blocked, a message of "your action has failed!" will be provided instead.
- Vigilante- May target one player a night to be killed.
- Bomb- If lynched, will kill the final player to vote in lynching them, if targeted for death at night, the person who kills them also dies.
- Vengeful Martyr- If lynched, may select one person to die in addition to their own death.
- Role Cop- May visit one player a determine their role, but not their affiliation.
- Bulletproof- Immune to death at night.
- Popular- Takes one extra vote to lynch
- Hated- Takes one less vote to lynch
- Backup- Inherits the role, but not affiliation, of the first player to die, even if vanilla(powerless).
- Innocent Child- Player with this role is mod confirmed as town from start of game.
Confirmation can occur at any other time and is not exclusive to beginning of the game.
- Jailer- May target one person a night and put them in "jail". This targeted player is both protected from death, and cannot take any night action if there are any to be potentially taken.
- Miller- Always appears as guilty, even if the cop investigating is otherwise flavored to produce another result.
- Godfather- A typical mafia role that always appears innocent to affiliation investigation.
- Ninja- A typical mafia role that cannot be tracked or watched.
- Bus Driver- Switches the targets of two selected players. For example, Player A targets Player X and Player B targets Player Y. Z bus driver targets X and Y, so now X visits B, and Y visits A.(neither targeted player is notified of this switch)
- Lawyer- May target one player a night and make them appear innocent to all affiliation investigations.
- Framer- May target one player a night and make them appear guilty to all affiliation investigations.
- Vanilla/Goon- Both roles with no powers or actions. Vanilla is town sided, goon is mafia sided.
- Mason Recruiter- May recruit one player a night into a private PM. This PM stays active throughout the game and any players added stay added unless killed. If town, attempting to recruit a non-town player results in the death of the recruiter.
- Baker- May give a piece of bread to one player a night. This may or may not result in death of all breadless players after a certain point in the game.
- Gunsmith- May give a gun to one player per night. This gun can be used at any time during the DP or NP to kill another player chosen by the possessor of the gun.
- Armorsmith- May give one player a night a bulletproof vest. This vest is a 1x protection from death if targeted to be killed at night.
- Strongman- A typical mafia role that, if carrying out the nightkill, is unaffected by bulletproof vests or other forms of protection such as doctor, bodyguard, or commuter.
- Traitor- A player that counts as town until they are killed, at which point they are resurrected(unannounced) and become a part of mafia(also unannounced).
- Role Stealer- Can target one player and steal their role, but not affiliation, permanently. This can only be done once, at that point the role of the stealer becomes the role they have stolen, and will always appear as such to any role investigation.
Third Party Exclusive Roles
- Serial Killer- may target one person a night to kill. The Serial killer can potentially win either by achieving a set number of kills, or surving to endgame. This variety in won conditions is generally up to mod discretion.
- Survivor- Wins by surviving to endgame.
- Lyncher- Wins upon a pre-game specified player being lynched.
- Jester- Wins by getting themselves lynched.