Buddas Beginner Series 1.2 DP1

Author: Buddamoose

Total: 55
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
Welcome to Buddas Beginner Series 1.2! This game will be Role Madness! This will be a closed set-up game, with the roles present in the game taken from a umbrella list of roles. It is important to note that flavors and third party inclusion is potential in this game, but not necessarily guaranteed. The potential flavornings present for specific roles will be supplied as well. 

Potential Role List

• Cop- May investigate one player a night and determine their affiliation. 

Potential Flavorings:

Naive- All investigations will produce innocent results
Paranoid- All investigations will produce guilty results
Insane- All investigations will produce an opposite result to actual affiliation(ex. the guilty will appear innocent and vice versa). 

• Doctor- May protect one person a night from death
  • Bodyguard- May protect one person a night from death, except unlike the doctor, the bodyguard dies in place of the targeted for death player. 
  • Watcher- May watch over one person a night and determine any players who visited that targeted player, but not what actions were taken. 

Potential Flavoring:

Naive- will always produce the result of no person visiting the player

• Tracker- Can target one person a night and determine what player was visited by that target, if any player was visited at all. 

Potential Flavorings

Naive- will always produce a result of the player not visiting any other
Paranoid- will always produce a result of the target player visiting the NK target. 

• JOAT(Jack-of-all-trades)- A role that is afforded a variety of 1x use roles. Ex: 1x cop, 1x doc, 1x tracker. Any potential flavorings of roles apply to the 1x uses. 
  • Commuter- Any actions that target the commuter fail. 
  • Roleblocker- May target one player a night and prevent them from taking any action if any actions are able to be taken.(players will not be specifically notified their actions were blocked, a message of "your action has failed!" will be provided instead. 
  • Vigilante- May target one player a night to be killed. 
  • Bomb- If lynched, will kill the final player to vote in lynching them, if targeted for death at night, the person who kills them also dies. 
  • Vengeful Martyr- If lynched, may select one person to die in addition to their own death. 
  • Role Cop- May visit one player a determine their role, but not their affiliation. 
  • Bulletproof- Immune to death at night.
  • Popular- Takes one extra vote to lynch
  • Hated- Takes one less vote to lynch
  • Backup- Inherits the role, but not affiliation, of the first player to die, even if vanilla(powerless). 
  • Innocent Child- Player with this role is mod confirmed as town from start of game.
Potential Flavoring

Confirmation can occur at any other time and is not exclusive to beginning of the game. 

• Jailer- May target one person a night and put them in "jail". This targeted player is both protected from death, and cannot take any night action if there are any to be potentially taken. 
  • Miller- Always appears as guilty, even if the cop investigating is otherwise flavored to produce another result. 
  • Godfather- A typical mafia role that always appears innocent to affiliation investigation. 
  • Ninja- A typical mafia role that cannot be tracked or watched.
  • Bus Driver- Switches the targets of two selected players. For example, Player A targets Player X and Player B targets Player Y. Z bus driver targets X and Y, so now X visits B, and Y visits A.(neither targeted player is notified of this switch)
  • Lawyer- May target one player a night and make them appear innocent to all affiliation investigations. 
  • Framer- May target one player a night and make them appear guilty to all affiliation investigations. 
  • Vanilla/Goon- Both roles with no powers or actions. Vanilla is town sided, goon is mafia sided.
  • Mason Recruiter- May recruit one player a night into a private PM. This PM stays active throughout the game and any players added stay added unless killed. If town, attempting to recruit a non-town player results in the death of the recruiter. 
  • Baker- May give a piece of bread to one player a night. This may or may not result in death of all breadless players after a certain point in the game. 
  • Gunsmith- May give a gun to one player per night. This gun can be used at any time during the DP or NP to kill another player chosen by the possessor of the gun. 
  • Armorsmith- May give one player a night a bulletproof vest. This vest is a 1x protection from death if targeted to be killed at night. 
  • Strongman- A typical mafia role that, if carrying out the nightkill, is unaffected by bulletproof vests or other forms of protection such as doctor, bodyguard, or commuter. 
  • Traitor- A player that counts as town until they are killed, at which point they are resurrected(unannounced) and become a part of mafia(also unannounced). 
  • Role Stealer- Can target one player and steal their role, but not affiliation, permanently. This can only be done once, at that point the role of the stealer becomes the role they have stolen, and will always appear as such to any role investigation. 
Third Party Exclusive Roles

• Serial Killer- may target one person a night to kill. The Serial killer can potentially win either by achieving a set number of kills, or surving to endgame. This variety in won conditions is generally up to mod discretion. 
  • Survivor- Wins by surviving to endgame.
  • Lyncher- Wins upon a pre-game specified player being lynched. 
  • Jester- Wins by getting themselves lynched. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Important Notes

This game ia intended to impart a few crucial lessons in gameplay. These lessons are vital to accurate reads and successful gameplay. 

1) Role Confirmation is not Affiliation Confirmation.

Any listed role, even if typically a mafia role can potentially, if sensible, be any affiliation. Even if those roles as town are beneficial to mafia by virtue of being town(ex: roleblocker as town). 

2) Do Not Blindly Trust Results

Flavorings are often used in games as a way to obfuscate results and operate as a trap for town to fall into. Ex: A paranoid cop often leads to a D2 mislynch based upon the "guilty" result obtained. This then often leads to town ML'ing the paranoid cop as a fake cop for having inaccurate results.

As one can see in the hypothetical, rash thinking and blindly following results easily leads to 2 mislynches and likely swings the game out of town reach and squarely into the reach of mafia and/or TP. 

With that being said, let the game begin!

Living Players

1) 1Harder
2) Rational
3) Virtuoso
4) Earth
5) Smithereens
6) XLAV
7) Greyparrot

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch! 

Day Phase will end on 9/2 @ 3pm CST. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Important Final Note

Third Party Survivors and Serial Killers can joint win with mafia and count towards mafia in terms of ratios needed to win.

However, if mafia is eliminated, a 1:1 ratio must be achieved still for either specific TP to win.

This is not to be taken as indication of either set role being present in game necessarily, rather to establish mechanics knowledge of *potential* endgame scenarios. 
David
Debates: 91
David
VTL harder
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I know you guys are probably not going to agree with my reveal here, but I am bodyguard. Even if I use my ability correctly I am going to die anyway, so the only best use I can have is to randomly protect cop (ain't never going to happen: odds are ridiculously low), or protect an outed cop, again ridiculously low odds that both me and the cop will be alive by the time cop gets outed. Best play is to reveal and let cop target someone else.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Greyparrot
Kewl. Thanks for letting us know.

Ugh, cop flavoring 

Earth
Earth
kfc
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I am busy irl atm I also need to fully grasp the ways this can play out and possible combos of roles. Will be back in 2 hours or so.
David
David
Roles don’t necessarily clear someone as town, but I’m leaning grey as town as scum doesn’t have a reason to claim this early 
Earth
Earth
-->
@XLAV
Are you mafia again?
Earth
Earth
-->
@David
I highly doubt Grey is Mafia bodyguard
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Is Sane Cop/Doc/whatever still possible?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am assuming no one is ever told their flavouring/flavoring correct?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
Yes, unflavoured role is possible since it's considered 'on top' of what's already available.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
other than JOAT and backup it seems all flavourings are kept secret from the flavoured role.

Vigilante is not a flavouring, it's a role.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
Because of the 'hated' flavouring it's extremely dangerous to vote anyone.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Yes, sane was not mentioned because it is the default and thus not a "flavoring" in the sense that it changes the role in any way from the status quo
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I'm confirming on PM with Budda if jailed players are told they are jailed or not. Any other queries we should make certain of, With the most information out there, town is powerful whereas ignorant atmosphere benefits mafia.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Roleblocker and vigilante are roles in my eyes not flavourings.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
In all scenarios of this game, a fast NL D0 is the optimal play for town and the worst play for mafia unless mafia gets lynched.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
D1 not D0 I guess
David
David
Unvote
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
VTNL
Earth
Earth
-->
@RationalMadman
Im down with a NL.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
We know for a fact we don't have an innocent child. That seems to be all that we know.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Budda has not told me if jailed people know they are jailed so I will assume they are not.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am unsure about cop outing, if there is a roleblocker, grey will end up completely having screwed town over by cop outing.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also if there is a mafia jailer, cop will be jailed while bg is killed. It was very very bad of gp to out and given how smart he was last game I'm willing to scumread him at this point.
Earth
Earth
-->
@RationalMadman
Ehhhhh. I doubt that was a scum move from him.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
If he was not too experienced or deep in his thinking I'd agree but last game he even lied about saving himself to tactically gauge reactions. He is suddenly impulsively outing before playing out all scenarios? I don't think so.