Topic's posts

Posts in total: 34
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 30
    Forum posts: 12,448
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    bsh1 will not include discord mods as real moderators so we fire back with our own moderation AMA so ask me and my homies anything u want about discord and such

also im supa the head discord mod so...
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 2,022
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @SupaDudz
    I think bish merely said that questions to discord mods are best addressed in a separate thread.

What are the kinds of things you've had to handle as a discord mod?
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Castin
    I think bish merely said that questions to discord mods are best addressed in a separate thread.
    It is just a meme lol
    What are the kinds of things you've had to handle as a discord mod?
    As a Discord Mod, we are responsible for enforcing the CoC on DART, The Rules of Discord, and our servers personal rules and being the rulling force for them. We have to actively keep people engaged in the server by adding new features and bots to boost activity on the server to promote discussions. The more engaged people are in the server, the better server life there is.

We are also responsible for advertising on the site for people to go to the main site and such.

We also reports cases that are in violation DART's CoC on Discord and report them to Moderators from DART so they can look in the scenario and analyze it. I would love for bsh1 to join our server (to make communication easier), but I am always in contact with Vrit, Ram, and you on Discord to relay the info over.

• RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 318
    Forum posts: 9,670
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    why is vaarka in charge? Who the fuck is warren42 and why is he in charge? Why even are you in charge?

You should be in charge out of those 3 but really, the hierarchy here should extend out there. A mod selected by our mods who answers to them should be the admin there and the owner of the server should be Mike himself. This is about game theory and how the site is just as contingent on his life as is the server. It makes most sense, then he can promote someone to a fully empowered admin status and leave them in charge there.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    honestly warren (the discord mod) is corrupt as fuck there, like it's not even a joke or exaggeration. He literally will apply the rules based on how close he is to you or how pissed off he feels about what you said.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    I quit the server long ago because I can't stand the leadership there or attitude of circle-jerk abuse.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    I got banned for exposing the true horror of keto diet to someone (Wylted) who proved time and time again what the diet does to you in the first few months that you have it, psychologically and physically making you feel like you are in a living hell.

I will stand by that and warren42 can get lost with banning me for spreading my 'conspiracy theories' it's truth and he can't stand it.

It's so funny because I support Warren for president 2020, what an ironic name for this discord mod to have.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    why is vaarka in charge? Who the fuck is warren42 and why is he in charge? Why even are you in charge?
    he created the server
    ---------
    debater on this site
    --------
    Old Server I was a Moderator
     A mod selected by our mods who answers to them should be the admin there and the owner of the server should be Mike himself. 
    This is a community project not initiated by DART, but supported by it. The owners of sites that create discord have owners (founders), that do not own the server
    He literally will apply the rules based on how close he is to you or how pissed off he feels about what you said.
    It was a joint discussion brang up by mods of DART and Discord. It was not just warren who said, you are banned. if he did that, we would have removed him from moderation a while ago

I got banned for exposing the true horror of keto diet to someone (Wylted) who proved time and time again what the diet does to you in the first few months that you have it, psychologically and physically making you feel like you are in a living hell.
    Your ban was a 2-1 choice with the two abstaining. it wasn't unanimous. it was only 2 days as well so it did not need to be
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    @RM
    If Vaarka ever wanted to give ownership to me, I would happily accept. For now, I simply do not care. I have a lot of say and stuff with the server as such and am happy with position I have been given
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    No. The MEEP where we enforced CoC onto the Discord was a clear precedent for seeing the Discord as an extension of the site that answers to the site's leadership. You are not independent 'mercenaries for hire' to our DA military, so to speak, rather you are a faction of it in that analogy.
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 1,725
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @SupaDudz
    Is the moderation circle jerk clockwise or anti clockwise; also does it utilize the Dutch rudder method?

• SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    @RM

We apply the same rules from the CoC like I said + servers rules + Discord CoC
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    Good question, have to comeback to it. Seems like it implements Dutch themes
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 2,022
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @SupaDudz
    Have there been many incidents where you had to step in?

Do you think we'd ever be successful in getting more DARTers interested in Discord? Is there any chance of overcoming the general apathy?
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Castin
    Have there been many incidents where you had to step in?
    Yes, the RM incdident was a point where the moderation team felt that we needed to due something because of the circumstances that were in place and we had to lat down the law
    Do you think we'd ever be successful in getting more DARTers interested in Discord? Is there any chance of overcoming the general apathy?
    I hope. Pushing more updates and making the community more engaging would make DARTers interested. If we can Discord speaks and hangouts have the same impact as DDO Google Hangouts, then we could have a huge stream of people due to the variety Discord provides
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    This opens up offers for more questions since main moderation one ended so 

BUMP
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit avatar
    Debates: 9
    Forum posts: 4,154
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @SupaDudz
    How to Discord?
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    How to Discord?

• SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    We have a new link so don't use the one in that forum post
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @SupaDudz
    What link to use?
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    Bottom of website
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @SupaDudz
    Thanks
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    No problem
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @SupaDudz
    The one at the bottom of the website said it was expired when I tried to use it just now. I am currently on my phone, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,959
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    Discord is monitored by the government because of white supremacy accidents, I dont have an account anymore