Topic's posts

Posts in total: 9
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit avatar
    Debates: 9
    Forum posts: 4,154
    Discipulus_Didicit avatar
    Discipulus_Didicit
    Why is the ban log in the misc forum instead of the DART forum? Until about a week or two ago I assumed that bsh just completely ignored the MEEP result and decided not to make a log at all (he was very publically against the idea) until one day I accidentally pressed the misc forum when I meant to go to music and I happened to notice the ban log there.

Edit: Let's turn this thread into a petition to MEEP the issue of where the ban log should be.

1. Discipulus_Didicit

• Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 1,725
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    I think the ban log should be tattooed on Bsh1s butt, which he must then have as is profile picture.
  • Imabench
    Imabench avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 933
    Imabench avatar
    Imabench
    It was probably because the main forum is already cluttered with a lot of pinned threads already, and adding the ban list would just add to the problem, whereas the misc forum was nice and open for stickied threads to receive a good amount of attention

Same thing happened to DDO after a while when stickied threads became a thing, so some shit started going into the misc section, including the Hall of Fame itself I believe 
  • PressF4Respect
    PressF4Respect avatar
    Debates: 10
    Forum posts: 3,159
    PressF4Respect avatar
    PressF4Respect
    --> @Ramshutu
    that shit would be very nasty 

also pron
  • David
    David avatar
    Debates: 82
    Forum posts: 1,200
    David avatar
    David
    --> @Imabench
    It was probably because the main forum is already cluttered with a lot of pinned threads already, and adding the ban list would just add to the problem, whereas the misc forum was nice and open for stickied threads to receive a good amount of attention

Same thing happened to DDO after a while when stickied threads became a thing, so some shit started going into the misc section, including the Hall of Fame itself I believe 

This. Exactly this. 
  • oromagi
    oromagi avatar
    Debates: 99
    Forum posts: 4,576
    oromagi avatar
    oromagi
    There should be some kind of software that sources top topics out from forum topics and redistributes forum topics to well-distributed usage.  I take it re-labeling topics takes more that renaming some /dir.
  • PressF4Respect
    PressF4Respect avatar
    Debates: 10
    Forum posts: 3,159
    PressF4Respect avatar
    PressF4Respect
    --> @David
    Why not just make "important site information" its own topic?
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,909
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @PressF4Respect
    Big brain.

I think your idea would be the best because there would a section dedicated to moderator stuff. Removing pinned comments so that the most recent post is at the top not after the pinned comments. 
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 30
    Forum posts: 12,459
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    The quotes keep on coming