the best solution to global warming is to drastically reduce the excess population , you know people

Author: billbatard

Total: 19
billbatard
Debates: 75
billbatard
let the bodies hit the floor
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@David
@bsh1
This is inciting mass murder, it is unacceptable.
billbatard
billbatard
-->
@David
I'm not advocating or inciting anything  not really i'm just having a discussion ,  but it is the only way to save any of us, is to get rid of most of us, or am i wrong?
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@billbatard
Who gets to decide who hits the floor? Naturally every person advocating the idea thinks "I'm special and so I should be exempt from what everyone else has to suffer".
Perhaps you fantasize about being a political leader who would solve the world's problems through measures like this. But the catch-22 is that you will not be a political leader some day, and so you should exercise the empathy to imagine it being done to yourself as well and shape your ideas accordingly.
How much could you personally bear? To be euthanized in the prime of your life? I highly doubt it. To be euthanized as an old man? More bearable perhaps but even then people are going to be terrified of death no matter their age.
billbatard
billbatard
-->
@Swagnarok
natural selection no one decides but the war pestilence and famine god is about to unleash on his dis obediant children i advocate for no one judging but god or nature whatever, things are about to blance themselves be it gods wrath or mother nature shaking off dandruff aka humanity i care not i wont decide nature will god will decide who is guilty and who is elect let only god decide
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Take a chill pill.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
I would rather have recreational abortion socially acceptable over a tyrannical 1 child policy.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
The problem isn't the number of humans. The problem is the technology we have chosen to use (fossil fuels, meat heavy diets etc). If we cleaned up our act then the population we have now would not be an issue. But there are alot of companies that profit from the way things are now, so trying make the changes needed is being fought every step of the way. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
So would I, did you think we disagree there?
billbatard
billbatard
let people kill their children i'd be for that have as many as you like kill as many as you lkke hell go ahead and eat them
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Chill pills are for the losers. Look at what Billbatard just posted above this one.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
He is free to voice his opinions, however controversial, so long as he is neither violating the law or the COC. As far as I can ascertain, this thread violates neither. Obviously, his views are morally despicable--killing children is always wrong--but that I find them despicable does not mean that they ought to/can be censored.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The problem actually isn't the number of humans it's the density of humans in places like India, Africa, and China. Those are the major contributors to global pollution.
billbatard
billbatard
i have a modest proposal

80 days later

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
To reduce climate change, lets replace coal with hydro power.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
nukular
Alec
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
We don't have infinite plutonium, but we do have a reusable supply of hydro power.

We can't store the waste in any areas where the owners consent.  We can store it in Yucca mountain, but the natives who own it don't consent to that.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
How do you know how much fissionable material is in the Earth? We were supposed to run out of oil 50 years ago if you listened to the experts.

Nuclear isn't even being given a chance.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
Nuclear fission is better than coal, and it can be used.  I think hydro power is better though.

Nuclear fission is running about 20% of the US's electricity, so it's definitely out there.