Morality in a Perfect World

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 76
--> @bsh1
Well it seems Mopac and I have both simply chosen to assign subjective meaning to the terms moral and perfect that allow for perfection and morality to coexist. If you need me to do the opposite however I can.
--> @bsh1
I wish it to be regarded as axiomatically the case that morality is objective
Knew it.

What are your thoughts on the OP?
Well f*ck. Putting aside my position on morality and taking the position that there is objective morality:

I much rather focus on virtuous actions then praiseworthiness and blameworthiness. Mainly due to if we all be altruistic then we could be good.

This is also contingent on people being the same like pretty much the same ideas and stuff like that. A hive mind essentially. Without this I think it would be difficult to have equal altruistic actions from one another while also on top of them hopefully being in the same environment.

To summarize:

Virtue and hive mind while also equal environment to have objective morality secured. I am guessing this is what heaven would be a like. A boring ass f*cking place if you ask me.

Hope I answered what wasn't perfect and how it could be perfect. I think the world would be boring but if I feel happy then that me part of the perfect world would be okay. I sure wouldn't want to be transported to the world if I suffer some negative consequences like memory gone, individuality gone. Bliss is okay if the move to it is perfect. 

Yes perfection can coexist with morality. I think the answer is really simple. If morality is objective that would be perfection in it of itself.  
--> @secularmerlin
For convenience. I believe I already said that.
I could go deeper into this but bsh1 is already not happy about what is going on.

That is short hand for does not equal. 
Don't really know how does not equal takes longer to type than =/= but guess I am not accustomed to it or something. 
--> @TheRealNihilist
I have a tendency to follow the discussion where it goes.
--> @secularmerlin
Why do you go by convenience? 
--> @TheRealNihilist
I'm not sure what you are asking here. By accepting a standard like Celsius we can communicate the temperature to one another. 

--> @bsh1
Given the reality of the human condition. Is it actually possible to be truly objective.

Isn't an objective opinion/decision always going to be resultant of a subjective process.
--> @secularmerlin
You said you go by convenience and I am asking why.
--> @secularmerlin
What ought you do?

If you love The Truth, there is really only one way. The right way. Our inability to perfectly execute the right way in no way compromises the perfection of The Truth. 

What ought we do?

Abide in The Truth. Align our hearts and mind to it. If you love The Truth, respect nature as coming from it. See man as being made in the image of it. Love. Let that love purify you to be even more effective at it.

--> @bsh1
"Can morality and perfection coexist?
Yes as complementaries.

1} Perfection is metphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept ex a perfect circle or sphere does not exist only closer and closer approximations of perfection.

2} Morality is cause and effect ergo detereministic, occupied space judgement ergo an action based on circumstances and all actions are tainted properties that  have;

charge{ ex emotion plus or minus }, color, taste, spin, temperature, complexity, direction and magnitude.

If yes, must they always coexist?"
Yes, occupied space and concepts are eternally complementary to each other in general, not in every specific special-case.

Ex we have existence of a macro-infinite non-occupied space and the concept such a space, whereas we do not have an infinite set of occupied space dogs, automobiles numbers etc, yet we can have the concept ---talking point--   of such and this is known as a fiction { falsehood/false narrative }.

--> @TheRealNihilist
You said you go by convenience and I am asking why.
So that I can communicate with others. Standards like Celsius allow us to import more precise information about the temperature but only if both parties recognize it as a valid system for measuring temperature. 

--> @Mopac
I know your trying to seem pithy but you don't come off as pithy to me when you use so many words to say essentially nothing you come off as vacuous.

I have no intention of engaging you further I just thought you might appreciate some constructive criticism.

--> @secularmerlin
I don't see constructive criticism. I see someone trying to appear pithy but coming off as unjustifiably arrogant and condescending.

I understand you interpreting my words as meaningless is consistent with your nihilism.

--> @Mopac
Oranges are pithy.

And meaningless words are meaningless if they are not relative to something that can be given meaning to.

We can all relate to temperature.

Whereas we cannot all relate to a self contained hypothesis that is not externally verifiable.
--> @zedvictor4
What exactly do you find difficult about this?

What ought you do?

If you love The Truth, there is really only one way. The right way. Our inability to perfectly execute the right way in no way compromises the perfection of The Truth.

What ought we do?

Abide in The Truth. Align our hearts and mind to it. If you love The Truth, respect nature as coming from it. See man as being made in the image of it. Love. Let that love purify you to be even more effective at it.

--> @zedvictor4
Oranges are pithy.

And meaningless words are meaningless if they are not relative to something that can be given meaning to.

We can all relate to temperature.

Whereas we cannot all relate to a self contained hypothesis that is not externally verifiable.
Well stated

--> @Mopac
What exactly do you find difficult about this?

What ought you do?

What ought we do?

This
we cannot all relate to a self contained hypothesis that is not externally verifiable.

--> @secularmerlin
The order thst can be discerned externally is proof of a unifying reality that binds all things. I do not believe this is an extraordinary claim.
--> @Mopac
The order thst can be discerned externally is proof of a unifying reality that binds all things. I do not believe this is an extraordinary claim.

This is not your entire claim. When you pretend that this is all you are saying you are being disingenuous. It is when we get past the 'reality exists and so something seems to be holding it together' and start speculating on what that might be that I ask you to demonstrate your position.
--> @secularmerlin
It is really quite the opposite. I say The Ultimate Reality is what it is and admit that God's essence is unknowable,  as is the position of the church.

You think that The Ultimate Reality must be equated to something else, like say a theory of how things are or some other thought.

We know that The Ultimate Reality is incomprehensible, and so any claim to circumscribe God with the intellect must be some form of prelest.

The concept of a perfect world has driven many a terrorist and tyrant in history. The moment you even begin thinking about it, you will begin to enter a vigilant mindframe. It's best to dispell the urge for utopia entirely from your psyche, since to even bear it in mind dulls the enjoyment and efficiency with which one operates in this imperfect reality.

The 'perfect' reality wouldn't require morality, that's true. The perfect reality is one in which nothing at all exists, since to exist is to have flaws.
--> @RationalMadman
The concept of a perfect world has driven many a terrorist and tyrant in history. The moment you even begin thinking about it, you will begin to enter a vigilant mindframe. It's best to dispell the urge for utopia entirely from your psyche, since to even bear it in mind dulls the enjoyment and efficiency with which one operates in this imperfect reality.
Well stated. Is this yours? I must admit I'm impressed.

--> @secularmerlin
What do you mean is it mine?
--> @RationalMadman
Are you quoting someone or did you write this? I love it.
--> @secularmerlin
I'm probably not the first to realise that both extreme rebel leaders and the leaders of the regimes they were fighting against have parallels in their otherwise opposite personas and psyche.

It was written from my own fingers and brain, yes, but it probably is a concept already expressed beforehand by philosophers and psychologists.