Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
He's obviously got a ploy going on, and its pretty obvious he probably isn't the town cop. If that doesn't pay off in the coming day phases, that will look really bad for him. What scum motivation does he have to do what he's doing? Why not let it play out and if there's no answer for it later on, he's shot himself in the foot?
Not lynching him, but pressuring him to reveal his gambit. I would remove my vote if there was an actual bandwagon on him...

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
Yea. I don't get why he is hiding it. You should straight up say it so that a cop or doctor doesn't get shot
Well if he's a bomb then it wouldn't matter since it only affects mafia...unless we have a vig :O

Also +1
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Not lynching him, but pressuring him to reveal his gambit. I would remove my vote if there was an actual bandwagon on him...
By pressuring him to reveal his gambit you defeat the entire purpose of his gambit

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Maybe PressF is lying about his role of cop and is secretly cop, but trying to fake us out so he can use his cop role correctly
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
So you think Press is town lying about his role to bait the Mafia kill and so you decided to call him out on it?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Yeah, there are lots of tools for finding scum. So why people would resort to lying is a mystery.

And, yes, if Press is lying, he should get lynched.

drafterman
drafterman
All mafia has to lie.
Town has to lynch all Mafia.
If you lynch all Liars, you lynch all Mafia.
Town wins.
QED

Vader
Vader
Unvote

I don't like the sus of PressF's claim. Why would he hide the main function of role. If he was PGO, he should at least tell town that he is. I think he is using my play from MCU of claiming a PGO so he doesn't get investigated during the night or watched. PF4R is in all practical sense a noob, kinda like me.
drafterman
drafterman
Also, if press is town pgo, then he's just baited protective roles and such as well, (not to mention risking being ccd by a real cop). It's as bout as antitown as you can get.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
By pressuring him to reveal his gambit you defeat the entire purpose of his gambit
His gambit is already revealed...

This is like Pie's gambit in Bsh's game. He claimed a role that STRONGLY suggested he was a bomb. But no one applied pressure and he never said that outright, and he turned out to be mafia. Not saying that he's mafia, because a cop claim is VERY strong, but absolute clarity is still necessary.

So you think Press is town lying about his role to bait the Mafia kill and so you decided to call him out on it?
Well, that or another option I just thought of, although perhaps I shouldn't say that one.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Also, if press is town pgo, then he's just baited protective roles and such as well, (not to mention risking being ccd by a real cop). It's as bout as antitown as you can get.
+1

He could be bomb and we would be in the clear (again unless we have a vigilante), but we don't want to unnecessarily lose town power roles

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Oops above
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
Yeah, there are lots of tools for finding scum. So why people would resort to lying is a mystery.

We don't know what role he has. Indeed it is a mystery. That's why I suggest letting it play out and pursuing the matter in dp2. There could be a myraid of reasons for the lie. If the reasons dont make sense we should pursue them.

And, yes, if Press is lying, he should get lynched.
You as this policys creator will defend the idea in argument, but I wonder if this is something you would do in practice in every game.
A person who claimed vanilla day phase 1, comes into dp2 with guilty cop results. You would policy lynch him cuz he lied?
I mean if you really are defending black and white strategies like that its fine, but I'll feel vindicated in calling it poor play.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
We don't know what role he has. Indeed it is a mystery. That's why I suggest letting it play out and pursuing the matter in dp2. There could be a myraid of reasons for the lie. If the reasons dont make sense we should pursue them.
Actually lol I just realized my role actually kind of confirms Press if he is lying. Hmm, never mind

UNVOTE

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
His gambit is already revealed...
You are assuming his gambit its not been revealed.

Well, that or another option I just thought of, although perhaps I shouldn't say that one.
We shouldnt be guessing at any of this. All the discussion up to now has probably already ruined that gambit anyway.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
That's under the assumption that mafia is dumb lol, but they're not. They have almost certainly gone through every scenario and/or more by now

But yeah I'll let Press do his thing
Speedrace
Speedrace
Normal avatar is back yay :D
Speedrace
Speedrace
Town

7. Lunatic - Town, sticking to his guns and pretty fair right now

Lean town

4. PressF - For obvious reasons...
6. Oromagi - Unreadable as usual, although he hasn't done anything that I noticed him doing in Bsh's game when he was mafia so
8. Greyparrot - He doesn't really have tells but he hasn't really been lurking, I'm ok with a JIm Halpert claim since from what little I know, that's a main character, although it could be a safe claim ;-;
3. drafterman - Logical and unreadable lol but he has been helping out a fair bit so I like him for now

Null

13. Wylted - Only posted like twice, A-R-O-S-E vote so seems to not have read everything? Because there are better votes than that...
2. iLikePie5 - Haven't seen him on much and he seems to be lurking a bit, not cool but not enough to say lean scum
5. Supa - Playing better than usual but not sure if that means he's scum or not lol but waiting for more from him
12. A-R-O-S-E - He needs to post more oof just that claim earlier isn't nice, bsh did the same thing and he was mafia so ;-;
11. Airmax1227 - Post more pls k thanks
10. WaterPhoenix - ^

Lean mafia

1. SirAnonymous - don't like his claim as I was reading everyone's stuff. But I know nothing about the Office to I'll only follow someone else's lead on this, but from what I read this isn't good

Mafia

Vader
Vader
Town Reads
oro
Pie

Scum Leans
SA
GP
PF4R
AROSE
Lunatic
Lunatic
Reads

SCUM

SirAnonymous – SA is a stronger scumread at the moment. Hisclaim is weak, like extremely weak. But more importantly his behavior. He seemsto fluctuate noobish behavior to understanding things as if he has experienceon a whim in this game. The early vanilla claim didn’t make a whole lot ofsense, and his activity seems to have dropped a bit once people startedbecoming suspicious of his claim, I feel like he’s trying to lay low and avoidthe spotlight.  

Speedrace- Found his logic for pursuing Press pretty flawed, andhis revealing of info about his own role hypocritical in regards to PressF’sgambit.

TOWN

none

NULL

Oromagi- Hasn’t contributed much besides role lists.

Wylted- inactive

WaterPhoenix- inactive

iLikePie5-inactive

PressF- His claim of Cop will have to be looked into in futureDP’s and verified later. Dwight is a strong character claim but we also don’tknow the theme. I’d say claiming this early gives him town points though, asmafia would know the thematic difference enough to know it would be unwise togive up a character claim like this that could potentially compromise themlater.

Drafterman- He doesn’t seem to have any active leads or to bescum hunting. Not sure what to think of him yet. I’ll give it a pass since theDP is early. I’ve noticed some things about his scum play from Dark Crystal andBloodline that I will be keeping an eye out for in this game as it progresses.

Greyparrot – He’s got a pretty well known character, only thingI find suspicious is that he is claiming he had a role justification where as Ido not have one, and drafter has also claimed not to have one. It’s likely thatGP was just being an idiot and assumed there was one but he won’t answer myquestion because he is too stubborn so who tf knows.

Airmax1227- Max has got a pretty well know character claim, butthat’s about it. He hasn’t contributed much yet, but I expect that from him. Iknow his schedule for the most part, and know his time is limited but I forseehe will contribute more as the game progresses.

Supa- So far supa is playing like supa. I’ve seen him play astown, don’t know how he differs as mafia yet.

A-R-O-S-E- He’s got a strong character claim. Haven’t seenenough to make a decision on a read for him.

A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
Unvote
Lunatic
Lunatic
I hate how copy pasting from word meshes words together
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@SirAnonymous
Why are you vtl'ing Arose? This seems very random and not very pro-town.

Why is it not pro town? DO you have inside knowledge that AROSE is town?

Something seems off about you, and it isn't your newness

unvote VTL Siranonymous

Hopefully this is more pro town in your eyes
Vader
Vader
Wylted has a good point, I'm willing to take the safe route 

VTL SA
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
press is clearly trying to bait the NK, Not sure why you are revealing your role. You need to be smarter than this
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Wylted
I'm not revealing my role? And soft claims are good...

Hopefully this is more pro town in your eyes
lollll
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
He is so obviously PGO
+1

Or a bomb...

So you know he is trying to bait the NK, but you not only go out of your way to draw attention to the fact he is baiting the NK, but you also tell everyone you have an investigative role. WHat is wrong with you.

Also, press. Next time you are PGO or Bomb, just claim miller
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Can you explain the AJ thing? I've got the noobiness thing though
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Wylted
Also, press. Next time you are PGO or Bomb, just claim miller
Everyone: "But... But... Lynch all liars!"

SMH 
Speedrace
Speedrace
So you know he is trying to bait the NK, but you not only go out of your way to draw attention to the fact he is baiting the NK, but you also tell everyone you have an investigative role. WHat is wrong with you.
?? Investigative role? How'd you jump to that conclusion...

And I explained above, it was lynch all liars. You can't pretend like you think mafia would have ACTUALLY fallen for that