Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
Would you please identify your contributions to the game thus far? 
What can you tell us about your character and role?

Thats more meant to say I don't have much behavior on you to put you as a town or scum read, not necessarily trying to say you haven't done anything or that you are chopped liver. I acknowledge the game is in its early stages.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Anything sir anonymous says is contrived and he is clearly scum. We have a lot of information this dp. Let's move on.
what do you have besides the unlikeness of the AJ claim?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Wylted
Why is it not pro town? DO you have inside knowledge that AROSE is town?
It isn't pro-town because there was no reason for it. Vtl'ing people without reason isn't pro-town.
Something seems off about you, and it isn't your newness

unvote VTL Siranonymous

Hopefully this is more pro town in your eyes
Actually, yes. As you can see if you read the Lucid Dreamers mafia, I am quite willing to admit it when I am a prime suspect. Claiming vanilla with only pressure from oromagi was stupid and only helped the mafia. My behavior since then has varied between overly conservative to bizarre. Quite frankly, I don't know how to defend myself without any info.
oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
6. Oromagi
4. PressF              Dwight Shrute  COP
8. Greyparrot       Jim Halpert        VANILLA
12. A-R-O-S-E     Ryan Howard
11. Airmax1227   Toby Flenderson
7. Lunatic
9. Speedrace          CC PressF?
5. Supa
13. Wylted                                        not claiming  VIGILANTE
3. drafterman
2. iLikePie5
10. WaterPhoenix
1. SirAnonymous          A.J.              VANILLA                    
SCUM

COUNT
SirAn - 5/7 - Supa, Oro, A-R-O-S-E, Speedrace, Wylted
Supa - 1/7 - grey

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I've posted on every page of this game so far, your welcome to sift through my posts.

Why?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
 If your town then you would probably want to make a convincing argument for your innocence
So far as I know, there is no way to do that in DP1. There's just no information beyond what people say about themselves, and I've already said all I can say.
tell us who you think we should be lynching instead and why.
That's the problem. There has been some bizarre behavior by various people, but none of it seems scummy. The only thing that I see that seems scummy is Wylted un-voting and re-voting like a revolving door in a windstorm, but that type of behavior seems to be normal for him. I can't tell you who else to lynch because I don't have any convincing evidence against anyone else. That is in large part due to what you said yourself:
Any real number of reads this early would seem contrived to me.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
Why?

Because he wants to know, of course! That way, you too can have a wagon against you because you made the mistake of revealing your role when the only pressure was from oromagi.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@oromagi
Diss me not my team those are fighting words 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
So far as I know, there is no way to do that in DP1. There's just no information beyond what people say about themselves, and I've already said all I can say.
Well you've admitted your actions were wrong in claiming from one vote, so I guess that's really all you can say. TBH the whole read on you is weak, and because of how new you are, reading into your behavior and experience is kind of a stretch. I'm mostly caught up on how well you picked up on things and seemed familiar with certain mafia concepts in the last game we played together in, jsut to make a noob mistake here. Maybe I am looking too much into it. I am surprised you are at L-2 tbh considering the "evidence" on you is pretty weak.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@SirAnonymous
No need to defend yourself. Can read you like a book. Also I have reason to suspect AROSE. Assuming I don't have premises is odd
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@airmax1227
I'd like to hear more from airmax and pie about the SA wagon. They are both great mafia players and I trust their judgements. Also would like to see if they have picked up any good leads. I respect drafters opinion too, but he seems like he also might be sold on the SA lynch. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Post 227 is where speed says press's cop claim is unbelievable because speeds role would make that unlikely
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
@ILikePie5
Thoughts on the SA wagon? You really think there is enough there to lynch him? He's at L-2 and its only been one day. Any other candidates for todays lynch?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Vader
Drafter's play is inherently good, but inherently bad. Sometimes he's smart, sometimes he's very ehhh. Good player, but his strat is ehhh.
Speed is a knockoff Drafter
Let's talk when you aren't 0-2 v. Me.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@SirAnonymous
It is entirely possible you are town handed a suspiciously obscured character.  Its just that that suspicion is the best data we have so far.  Also, I notice some trending towards lynching noobies in DP1 perhaps just instinctual lessening of unknown qualities
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Give me a sec I’m out
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
OK but that's speed.  you said:

"press acts confused"

Is there actually a post where PressF acts confused as to why anybody would call him investigative after he claimed cop?

Did you mean Speed, not PressF?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Wylted
Assuming I don't have premises is odd
It's not odd in the slightest because you haven't provided any. If you have evidence that Arose is scum, tell us what it is.

drafterman
drafterman
Ugh, a lot to catch up on.
oromagi
oromagi
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@drafterman
Nah I’m 1-1 hoe, you only won as scum bc GP saved ur ass
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
I'm mostly caught up on how well you picked up on things and seemed familiar with certain mafia concepts in the last game we played together in, jsut to make a noob mistake here.
If you will notice, the things I have learned are things that can be learned by reading the rules and the descriptions of the roles, while the things that I haven't learned are things that can't be learned by reading the rules and the descriptions of the roles. I did know about roles in the Lucid Dreamers Mafia because I've played live mafia with cops and doctors and I had read a description of the most common online roles before playing the game. I didn't know not to claim vanilla because this is the first game I have ever played where claiming roles has been an issue (there was no claiming roles in the live mafia I played). There was one post warning against claiming vanilla early, but I figured there were exceptions, like being under pressure. However, since I have never played a game where pressure was an issue (there is pressure in live mafia, but you really can't defend yourself from it, so it doesn't count), I didn't know that only one vote from an assertive player wasn't enough pressure. That's why I made the mistake of claiming vanilla. I can learn how to use logic and understand concepts by reading, but I can't learn how to behave or read others' behavior by reading.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
Nah I’m 1-1 hoe, you only won as scum bc GP saved ur ***
Doesn't count. He won because his team won. The quarterback doesn't lose when his team wins just because he played badly.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
That's not how the game works.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
Fair enough. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
Don't be silly. Even lunatic can verify I play terrible as scum. The only way we won is simply because you lied.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Well not to take anything away from GP, but in the mafia discord GP was asking for advice from Drafter. Drafter was dead the whole game and still stayed caught up and helped his team mate. I thought drafters play was overall really good, I think he just got unlucky DP1. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
This is correct. Drafter was the one making all the decisions.
drafterman
drafterman
I think both press and speed are town.

I'm more interested in the response to SA than SA themselves. For example, I'd judged Oro to be more considerate in his lunch targets but he readily goes with the pressure on SA, more readily than I'd expect.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
themselves
Himself. That's why it's "Sir" Anonymous.