Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
PressF lurking a lot. He has been active in my forum, but avoiding the Mafia and then just claiming and leaving. I take that into consideration
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
Not lurking. Working on debate argument:
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
That is still working. Some response would have been nice
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
Comments made on your forum thread were offhand jokes, requiring no substantial effort. Compare that with going through 500+ posts here and sifting through all of it. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@PressF4Respect
i have experienced this.
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
Might wanna address them bc uhhh... tl;dr, bsh being called pedo
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
Which thread is this?
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
WTU Live Thread
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@warren42

SirAnon: 6/7 (drafter, supa, speed, wylted, water, drafter)
Supa: 1/7 (grey)

If you believe I've made a mistake please let me know.

drafted X 2

Phase ends at 8:00 PM EST 10/29. There are approximately 47 hours remaining.

I'm afraid we are going to bore our big group if we ride the full 2 days.  I'm tempted to bandwagon SA tho he's no hard read.  Thoughts?
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
Wait til Monday, we are only 24 hrs in the game, too fast to rush a lynch. We are still active
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
unvote

no need to rush
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
If we're not lynching sir then who?

Vader
Vader
-->
@WaterPhoenix
I didn't say not to lynch sir, but I say to wait to lynch him if anything so we have sure confidence
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Good things come to those who wait, but all is lost of you hesitate.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Vader
You don't have to call him sir, we're all peers here.

Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
My bad, SA
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@drafterman
That was so poetic
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
Ok, sure.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@oromagi
Thank you for pointing out the mistake.

Official Vote Count

SirAnon: 4/7 (supa, speed, water, drafter)
Supa: 1/7 (grey)

If you believe I've made a mistake please let me know.

Phase ends at 8:00 PM EST 10/29. There are approximately 46 hours remaining.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@drafterman
Don't have time to reach you in PM, but need you to push for being mod o  this site and reorganizing the power structure for the good of the community.  Please strike while the iron is hot
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Here are my reads.

Lean Town

PressF: While I'm convinced he's lying or gambling, his claim is so audacious he almost can't be mafia.

Null

Supa: He seems less scummy than usual, which indicates a slight change in playing style. As such, I can't get a good read on him.

Lunatic: He seems incredibly pro-town, a characteristic that got him a win as mafia in the quickfire.

Drafter: I'm getting very mixed reads from drafter. Sometimes he seems town, but sometimes he seems mafia. Since he's one of the biggest advocates for lynching me, I don't think I can objectively evaluate him.

Arose: He seems town and his character claim hasn't been challenged (I don't know much about the office, so I don't know how valid it is). However, he is also fairly quiet. Too quiet, in my opinion.

Oromagi: He is very active, but he hasn't said anything that gave me any indications of his alignment.

ILikePie5: Seems town, but only had one burst of activity. Otherwise, he has been largely silent.

WaterPhoenix, Airmax: Almost inactive.

Lean Scum

Wylted: He seems scummy and illogical. However, that also seems to be normal for him. As someone said near the beginning (I think oromagi), "Wylted is scum until proven otherwise."

Speedrace: He seems illogical and inconsistent. However, he doesn't feel very scummy. Hard to say.

GreyParrot: His accusation against Supa is almost totally logic-free, but his overall play seems town. He's either a towny playing quite illogically or a mafia who is excellent at playing town but terrible at leading a mislynch.

Scum

That one guy on the block who went "all out" with Halloween decorations that loudly proclaim "I have no taste" : I don't think I need to explain this. It's pretty self-evident.

warren42: Need I say more?

airmax1227
Debates: 0
airmax1227
We don't have any indication yet of character affiliation, but of the 5 character claims, 4 are major characters (Dwight, Jim, Toby, Ryan) with the only claim of AJ being obscure. Unless this was an avoidance of a power role character claim like Michael, this comes off as scummy. Even if it was motivated to avoid a power role assumption, the LAL discussion could be prudent in this case too.

The Dwight-Cop role makes sense, and in a game without role justifications, I can easily justify it myself. The character claim seems legitimate since it would be an easy CC, and cop fits the character well. I have no idea what PressF is thinking in claiming a power role on DP1, but I'm not sure if a lot of things in this game are a result of noob play, weird gambits, new meta, and legitimate quality play. I can more easily understand how town make this move under any circumstance, than if it were mafia, so while I'm not sure what PressF is doing, I'm inclined to believe he is town.

I read the Speed (eventual) Non-CC as pro town. Speed provided the town with his reaction to give some indication, without providing too much information. We'll see how this plays out since I don't want to over analyze it here, but I view that type of behavior as townish.

Still catching up on the dp....
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@drafterman
I have a hunch it's pro-Mike/anti-Mike meaning characters like AJ and Toby are Scum claims. SA's flip will feed into that.
Naturally I'm inclined to disagree, but I do appreciate the suggestion for mafia/town theme alignment. I'm not sure how pro and anti Mike could ultimately be justified either though... Jim comes off as the shows realist most of the time, and that puts him at odds with Mike a lot. This could be viewed as anti-Mike, and the same could be said for at least Pam, Angela and Oscar. You may mean characters that Mike is pro/anti towards and then certainly AJ and Toby would be scum. However, as I am town, I'm certain this isn't the theme, since Mike hates Toby more than anyone else... I'd say Charles Minor would be a likely third mafia in that dynamic, but I digress. Nonetheless any flip should provide useful information.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@ILikePie5
Airmax1227 - inactivity and random character claim. Don’t really like the latter since it was unnecessary (weakest scum read however do to soft claim)

The inactivity claim is valid (though it's certainly consistent with my playstyle for DP1 as town), though the character claim was not random. Oromagi vtl'd me for a claim (post #85), and so I claimed. It also wasn't unnecessary. DP1 tends to manifest somewhat randomly in terms of who gets pressured, and therefore claims, but it is important that we get some information. At the point I claimed, we had only three character claims, and I felt another character claim could only benefit town without being harmful at all (and now we have a claimed character pool that gives us some analysis)... I specifically did not role claim, as that would have been unnecessary.
airmax1227
airmax1227
I feel like the case against SIrAnon is too circumstantial. He seems like a somewhat knowledgeable player that made a couple of noob slips that could be interpreted as townish or scummy... So the obscure claim is the only thing that I believe has any validity, and that gets us into risky territory. I don't want a mass character claim, or any more claims at this point... but can anyone else in the town indicate as to whether or not they have as obscure of a character?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@airmax1227
I don't know. Everything SA says sounds like it is from a robot, which has always been a scummy thing in my experience. Like he is forcing his interactions.  Hard to describe, but I know it when I see it. Just like with what "vulgar material" is
Wylted
Wylted
Did Airmax specifically wake up at 4 am to play this thinking he could dodge interactions with me. Dude WHEN I am not sleeping 15 hours a day, I sleep 3 hours a day. Try next week. 
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Wylted
I don't know. Everything SA says sounds like it is from a robot, which has always been a scummy thing in my experience. Like he is forcing his interactions.  Hard to describe, but I know it when I see it. Just like with what "vulgar material" is

Fair enough, though some of his play appears pretty genuine to me as someone unsure, but trying, which is why I'm having a hard time reading into his behavior.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Wylted
Did Airmax specifically wake up at 4 am to play this thinking he could dodge interactions with me. Dude WHEN I am not sleeping 15 hours a day, I sleep 3 hours a day. Try next week. 

haha why would I want to avoid interactions with you?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@airmax1227
I meant us, and didn't think through what I was saying