Dart Presidential Election

Author: Wylted

Total: 46
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
How the Presidential Election Will work

1. The Dart presidential election will be held on December 14th of this year. It is a process necessary to give a single voice to the community. A place where we can have a voice that can either work against or with the site administration to improve this place. This is very necessary given the general incompetence of the mods appointed for god knows what reasons. 

2. Only Candidates involved in an official Party will be able to run for office. The party will work among themselves to figure out how to decide a candidate to represent them. In order for a Party to be officially declared it needs 10 party members registered. You can start a political party by creating a thread and declaring one, and then getting 10 people on board.

3. You can only sign up for one party and switching parties is not allowed. Ever. Do not join a party unless you are sure you want to stay in that party. 

4. I will personally be moderating the election to make sure things run smoothly on December 14th.

5. Site administration will be disqualified from voting in the election. They already have a voice.

6. Prior to the election, a member of the site (with my approval) may be considered toxic and put on trial. If they lose the trial, they will not be allowed to vote. We don't need toxic members having a voice in the direction of this site. 

7. A presidential term will last 1 year. 

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
Is this mod sanctioned and/or official in any way?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
It's official and unsanctioned. We don't need mods or even this website really to be a community. We are a community of people and we are allowed to elect representatives whether they sanction it or not
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
What's the purpose of the "President" role? What power would it entail? 
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@PressF4Respect
This is not mod sanctioned. That being said, if someone wants to throw up an election, I am not going to stop them. It just won't mean anything. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
It is a focal point for the voice of the community. A community organizer of sorts and we will fight to give them the power to do mod related activities. Also the president has extra powers in times of emergency. Etc.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@David
So in other words... it's useless.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@David
That's what you're saying, right?
David
David
-->
@PressF4Respect
Essentially, yes. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
ACtually on debate.org a site president got a lot done. Bsh1 made the site more fun with more community engagement and worked with mods to improve the site in other ways. Don't underestimate the effect of soft power
Wylted
Wylted
Virt, You weren't saying it was essentially useless when you voted against me on DDO. Hypocrite
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
we will fight to give them the power to do mod related activities
What "mod related activities" will we give them power for, and how will we do so?

Also the president has extra powers in times of emergency
What extra powers will they have?

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Be sure to know that I will put you on trial and win, brutally, if you want to start such a ridiculous war with me. So pick your battles wisely.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
It probably won't come up, but in an emergency they can declare themselves dictator. It is a one in a million thing though. The mod power I will fight for if I were to become elected is all the same powers as Virt, but the ability to remove him also
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
we should not presidents or ANY dart government
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
It probably won't come up, but in an emergency they can declare themselves dictator. It is a one in a million thing though. The mod power I will fight for if I were to become elected is all the same powers as Virt, but the ability to remove him also
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I mean, mods are basically the government of DART already
Wylted
Wylted
RM, all requests for trials go through me, and I most likely will deny your request to put me on trial
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
Yeah presidents are fucking useless
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Then I will make it clear to everyone what a sham this is and that this is dictatorship in disguise, made to 'oppose dictatorship' and get your entire presidential election slam-dunked into oblivion.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
The mods are outsiders who did not earn their position. We need elected officials, not kings and dictators (outside of emergency parameters)
David
David
I would also like to take a moment to remind everyone that trials are prohibited by the site's COC:

Trials of users are prohibited, whether or not those trials are officially sanctioned by a mod or mods. Trials foster a culture of mob rule, and are thus counterproductive to the interests of fairness, order, and effective site administration.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
Also the mod interface is different from the regular user interface
Wylted
Wylted
Dude I don't even know if I am running. I already have enough on my plate with declaring users toxic and moderating the presidential voting
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Booooooooooooooo!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I think everyone should vote on whether or not Wylted should be the sole decider of who gets to run, vote etc.

I vote Fuck no.
Wylted
Wylted
Virt has just made it clear we will need to conduct trials off site and under pseudonyms. Prior to the election I will provide a list of names for people not allowed to vote, but will not label any toxic. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I think we should first have a democratic vote on whether this process is democratic if it's entirely decided by and run by one user.
Wylted
Wylted
I just count votes. I don't conduct trials either, nor do I decide which parties are allowed to run. I am just overseeing the process.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I just count votes. I don't conduct trials either, nor do I decide which parties are allowed to run. I am just overseeing the process.

RM, all requests for trials go through me, and I most likely will deny your request to put me on trial