@zedvictor4
get fat and ride around in motorized lounge chairs like in WALLIE
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Breath, eat, sleep, excrete wastes, communicate, masturbate and;

solve problems via access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts and subsequent intellectual contests

exercise the body in many various ways including sporting contests.

38 days later

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
get fat and ride around in motorized lounge chairs like in WALLIE
Some people say America is already there.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ethang5
it's darn close, hopefully the world will end before that.

14 days later

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
What will people do? .........In fully automated societies.

That is an excellent question. Imagine,  for instance when the people of the whole world are fully dependent on computers for say;  education  and then those in power decide it is time to switch them off? Leaving  only the highly educated elite with all the know-how and knowledge and thereby leaving the rest of mankind totally dependent on them for everything. Just like the ignorant masses depended on the ancient priests of old for all their information about everything. 

Money is another thing that is already being digitalised to credits on a screen with cashless societies on the horizon. This, I don't doubt, will  lead to those who believe they are owed  credits  (tax man) will simply be paid out by those who are holding your credits (bank) without you having  the least say in the matter, while you battle through the courts trying to prove you didn't owe anyone anything in the first place, but tax man still had first bite of your credit cherry.

Imagine different coloured credits for payments for different things.
Red for gas.
Blue for food.
Green for rent. 

What if I don't have enough Green credits to pay my rent so they that hold  your credits (bank) simply deduct from your food  or gas credit allowance to make up for the shortfall?  without you having a say in the matter, leaving you starving and cold. but Landlord/Council had first bite of your credit cherry. How are we to earn these credits in the first place if the whole world has become automated?  Will we be totally dependent on the new priests called corporations?

This is all very frightening when looked at without your rose tinted spectacles. The worst thing about this is that ideas - such as a cashless society-  are always sold to us  "for our benefit". Yet they are sold to us with veiled threats and scaremongering while pretending to be putting your fears to rest. Fears you never had until these fkn snakes introduced them to you. 

It is religion on a massive scale , a scale so big it cannot be seen by the human eye until it is scrutinized under a microscope in detail. This is where  automated societies and cashless societies are leading, " but it is all for our benefit" don'cha know.

It is about time the dozy liberal fkn left woke up properly to where Governments around the world are leading us to instead of arguing about if or not (XY) can also be  (XX) "if it chooses" and simply by saying it is.

1129 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
I should like to go for walks more often,
Go camping,
Visit friends and family more,
Laze about in the sun and bubbling brook,
Paint something,
Carve something,
Kiln something,
Fly a kite,
Browse the internet,
Watch videos,
Listen to music,
And more.

It 'sounds nice. . .
But I don't know if it's realistic,
Perhaps people who already don't work would be a good yardstick?
Though there are many different types and situations of such.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Honestly when that happens men have a huge problem, we lose our value.

Women still can have fun and do all their high value stuff but the value of men is being the provider, the one who gets shit done and all of that. Even the most independent woman wants a strong, reliable man. Bots are the way for women to remove the need for men especially if it offers augmentation to the point of immortality reducing the room for reproduction to be wise let alone necessary.

Men should be very weary of AI yet it is men who are most ardently pushing for it. This is some serious self-sabotaging misandry and time will tell. I may need to encourage my grandchildren to move to a less developed nation just to experience humanity instead of robots.
sadolite
sadolite
The more automated the more  useless your existence becomes. Nothing good will come from complete automation and AI. Job's no matter how menial occupy the mind. Most people don't sit around trying to figure out societal problems or make a new mouse trap, they work to pass time. Can you imagine 7 billion people all trying to force their ideas and solutions to everything down everyone's throat. What an awful future that would be.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

Well stated.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@sadolite
Good point, everybody seems to think when everything is automated they won't have to work, but that is only good for the people doing the automating.  I just don't think full unemployment is gonna be such a good thing for the unemployed, no jobs, no money, oh boy, sounds great, as long as you assume the super rich people that eliminated you are gonna throw money at you, good luck with that.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
When it gets to the point that the rich don't need humans to do service work those humans will be eliminated. If you think otherwise you're freaking idiot. Bill Gates already thinks the world is overpopulated and the "cattle", is he likes to call his fellow human beings, are consuming his natural resources.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Poly.

Bill gates is right. The Earth would probably be a better place with less people on it.

But Mr Gates also knows that he is rich because the less rich made him rich.

Rich people without the less rich would not be rich.

And richness is a concept relative to a human organism for a fleeting moment of universal time.

Death is the big leveller, and sustaining and protecting monetary richness is as much a mental chore as any other human life is.

And richness is not a concept that applies exclusively to monetary wealth and material possessions.

Presumably you find richness in polytheism and your family.

As I find richness in the things I do, and the family and people I associate with.

Though what the future holds for humanity and the planet, almost certainly lies in the brains of the clever few.

And the future of the Universe is an inconceivably long time compared to the universal nanosecond of our existence.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Though what the future holds for humanity and the planet, almost certainly lies in the brains of the clever few.
Not if the future is one nutcase ego, with enough power to fire a hydrogen bomb off in Pakistan, India, Israel, N.Korea, China, USA, Britain etc.

We greatly need AI  to do the info/data leg work, in complement to humans Meta-space mind/intellectsorting out the  relevant or irrelevant scenarios arrived at by AI.

8 billion humans is too many for the current operating systems in place.  So AI, no AI,or less AI may become a moot point by 2065 { ebucs new end date for humanity }. Isssaci Newton predicted end-date-of-humanity at 2060.

AI  is good doing large data base sortings. Humans are good at entering the relevant data and relevant output as related to the greater whole of our biospheric experience. Its complicated and AI is here for our potential assistance  to pop-out varied scenarios that, we can then judge --vote on as humanity--- which pathway we want to try.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
A Zedku for Ebuc.

Yep. AI.

Material evolution,

In progress.

Here on Planet Earth,

And elsewhere perhaps.

Maybe one day,

Two devices,

Will meet in outer-space,

And chat,

In a common language.

Something that humans,

Have failed to do,

For three hundred thousand Years

We should have got the hang of it,

By now.

Though,

AI is teaching us.

17 days later

fivesix
Debates: 2
fivesix
its hard to know.
Elliott
Elliott
I think there are very few jobs that AI controlled technology will not be able to replace and possibly in the not too far future. I wonder how this will impact on capitalism and the consumer society as without a workforce there will be no wage earners, so there will be no one to buy what is produced. The only way that society could function would be to expand the welfare state and implement a Universal Basic Income.