They Are At It Again!! FFS! make your minds up guys.

Author: Stephen ,

Topic's posts

Posts in total: 6
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 3,303
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?

Mark 1:10-13  King James Version (KJV)
    10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
    11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
    12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.
    13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

So above then we read that our Lord and savior Jesus was in the wilderness for "40 DAYS" where the Devil is attempting some kind of a deal.

But WAIT!!!! What is this!???

John 1:35 Again the next day after [the baptism]John stood, and two of his disciples;
                36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

No that cannot be right surely? So Jesus wasn't driven to the wilderness by the spirit "immediately for 40 DAYS!!!!
    This cannot be right , can it? lets read a bit more from John. WHAAAAAT!!!! On the second day after the baptism Jesus is to be found touring Galilee!!!!!!!

John 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

This cannot be right either can it? he is supposed to be in the wilderness for forty days straight.

Lets us read a bit further from the same gospel:

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!

John 2:1-11 King James Version (KJV)
    2-1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

• Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    So then. Instead of carrying out his heavenly duties in the desert we find that instead our Lord and Savior is actually partying at a wedding and wasting a perfectly good miracle  (his very first by all account) on making sure the wedding guests get enough wine down their necks..

John 2:1-11 King James Version (KJV)
    2-1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

I do admire our Lords priorities. 
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 4,457
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    I do too!
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    --> @Stephen
    John 1:35 Again the next day after [the baptism]
    You are lying. This is a different book! Jesus had not yet been baptized in John 1. Lol. Caught in a lie again.

The next day in John does not refer to the day mentioned in Mark. Try again Cletus.

John 1:43 The day following...
    Following what? Not His baptism 
    because Jesus had not yet been baptized in John 1. If you have to lie, how good is your claim?

So then. Instead of carrying out his heavenly duties in the desert we find that instead our Lord and Savior is actually partying at a wedding 
    Only if we accept your lie of joining two different books as if the timeline between them is the same.

This kind of lie works with atheists who do not know the texts and are already biased. Which is why you run away from questions too.

So when John says, "the next day" don't lie and say that refers to Mark's day of baptism. It refers to John's day of the scribes questioning John.

Hey Stephen, your pants are on fire.

Lol.
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    Hey Stephen, your pants are on fire.

Stop being so damn childish and face the facts. This is yet another blinding contradiction  from the scriptures that are believed by many to be "god inspired".

• ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    --> @Stephen
    You are a liar. You jump to another book where it says "...the next day" and then lie that the next day in John is referring to a day in another book, Mark.

Cite for us the day in John 1 that makes John 2 the next day. You cannot liar.

You even have to lie with brackets, "John 1:35 Again the next day after [the baptism]"

Where is "the day" in John that this day is next to? You can't show it because you are a liar.

John was being questioned, the next day, he sees Jesus and says, "that's the guy I was speaking about whom you don't know"

You are just a petty liar. And it pleases me immensely that you have to lie to claim a contradiction.

You'd better put out your pants liar.