drafterman avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 4,705
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    Mafia Wins!

Ragnar:

You are WARREN.
    You are the GOON. You win with the Mafia.
    SirAnonymous

You are WHITEFLAME.
    You are the VANILLA. You win with the Town.
    Singularity

You are PRESS. You were the first person voted out to be on the Jury and decide the final winner.
    You are the RESTLESS SPIRIT. While dead, you may visit another player each night. During the following Day Phase, you will have a vote placed on that player.
    SupaDudz

You are DRAFTER. Between winning challenges and hidden immunity idols, you were the vulnerable the least number of times throughout the game.
    You are the BULLETPROOF. You cannot be killed other than by lynching. You win with the Town.
    Zaradi

You are SUPA. You were protected by an immunity idol at a key moment, forcing out another player.
    You are the 1x GOVERNOR. If the Day Phase voting would result in a player's lynching, you may change those results during the following Twilight Phase. You may change the results to another player or to a No Lynch. You win with the Town.
    GreyParrot

You are SHAB.
    Speedrace

You are LORDLUKE. You fancied yourself a mole, passing messages among players in the game.
    You are the SPY. Below is a list of all roles in the game. During each Twilight Phase you may select one of those roles to send a message to. The player with that role will receive the message during the following Night Phase.
    Waterphoenix

You are SUI. You formed a majority alliance at a key point in the game, turning the tide for those alligned with you.
    You are a 1x MASON. Each night, you and the other masons visit another player and convert them into a MASON. You will all die if that person is Mafia.
    (This is the role PM verbatim, but you are 1x meaning you get to mason one person and convert them into a mason, but can't recruit beyond that).
    You win with the Town.
    oromagi

You are SPEED. You used your mutiny ability to switch to the other tribe.
    You are the TURNCOAT. You win with the Town. The first time the Mafia tries to Night Kill you, you will not die, but your alignment will change to win with the Mafia.

ILikePie

You are REF.
    Twilight/Night Actions
    TP/NP1
    Zaradi - Waive
    Speedrace - Send message to Water; NK Supa
    Water - Recruit Grey

TP/NP2
    Singularity - Vote Ragnar
    Zaradi - Waive
    Speedrace - Send message to Supa; NK Grey

TP/NP3
    Singularity - Vote Zaradi
    Zaradi - Overturn lynch onto SupaDudz
    Speedrace - Waive message; NK Water

Analysis
    This was a weird game to watch. Town had some rather insightful moments... and then never acted on them. Going into DP2, you had 3 confirmed/confirable Townies + a failed NK. That was a setup for success. Yet, collectively, you decided on some bizarre lynch decisions.

Day Phase 2 (and 3), Grey, Zaradi, Singularity all FOS'd Ragnar (and speed was willing to bus) but somehow you couldn't put it together and get him lynched. Zaradi even believed Singularity to be town while FOSing Ragnar, yet deliberately waived and let Singularity get lynched.

But, perhaps the most frustrating part was the exchange starting with this:
    " look at the people that are not in my townpile. That are also not in your townpile." - GreyParrot

That is the most important statement ever made in the history of mafia. It is, in fact, the only statement that ever matters. If people HAD actually looked at their collective non-town piles and focused on where those piles overlapped (i.e. Ragnar) this game would have went better for Town. It is both a shame that this point was missed and a greater shame that Grey did not have the patience to explain it further.

Solid win for Mafia.
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @Ragnar @Singularity @SirAnonymous @SupaDudz @Zaradi
    Walk of shame
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @Greyparrot @ILikePie5 @oromagi @Speedrace @WaterPhoenix
    Face the music
  • Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Debates: 60
    Forum posts: 4,051
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    Another one in the bag
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 2,446
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    Ugh. I was 90% sure Speed was mafia and 75% sure on Ragnar. I had them. I had evidence. If Singularity hadn't voted...

• Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @WaterPhoenix
    Why didn't you reveal the fake caroler results that I sent to you?? We were so confused when you said nothing at all
  • Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @SirAnonymous
    Yeah if it wasn't for Singularity I think y'all would've had that in the bag
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    I learned a lot about how to play as town, though. This was my first time as town in a large game.
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @SirAnonymous
    I had them. I had evidence.
    You didn't need the evidence.

You and Zaradi both had Speed/Ragnar as a scum team possibility. Grey and Singularity would have been on board with Ragnar.

This was the thing Grey was trying to get across: evidence and arguments are not needed if you already agree on who is scum.

• SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @Ragnar @Speedrace
    The fake caroler results were a stroke of genius. You and Ragnar are two of the best three players as mafia on DART. You earned this win.
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @drafterman
    This was the thing Grey was trying to get across: evidence and arguments are not needed if you already agree on who is scum.
    Now I know. I didn't then.

• Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @drafterman
    Only detract was that Grey was bent on the caroler results and not lynching Ragnar, even scum read me for trying to lol. The Spy role is just crazy
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @Speedrace
    The Caroler results were a very good idea from Speed. They served their purpose in distracting Town, though, personally, I would have never have acted on them without the Caroler outing themselves.
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @Speedrace
    You did mess up slightly be sending them to Supa. He's known for gambits. You should have sent them to someone who never does gambits. It would have been harder to write them off if you'd done that. You messed up majorly by not claiming caroler. You would have had the wool pulled over our eyes completely had you done that.
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    Also, as an FYI, it would have been possible for the astute to recognize Speed's message as a fake.

• Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @SirAnonymous
    The fake caroler results were a stroke of genius. You and Ragnar are two of the best three players as mafia on DART. You earned this win.
    Thank you so much dude, that means a lot!!

I would like to point out that we sent it to Supa for a reason

One, our message begins with "You received the following message," real caroler results would not begin with that
    And two, they get received during the NP, vs real caroler messages which would get delivered during the DP

But we figured Supa would ignore both of those, and very glad that he did
  • Singularity
    Singularity avatar
    Debates: 11
    Forum posts: 1,019
    Singularity avatar
    Singularity
    Pretty obvious ragnar was scum, but I stupidly misinterpreted what the governor was supposed to do. Either way no excuse to not lynch ragnar 2 dps in a row when he was obvious.  Speed played very well
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @Speedrace
    One, our message begins with "You received the following message," real caroler results would not begin with that
    And two, they get received during the NP, vs real caroler messages which would get delivered during the DP
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

• SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @Speedrace
    But we figured Supa would ignore both of those, and very glad that he did
    That makes sense. You still should have claimed caroler, though. You would have been unstoppable had you done that.

• Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @SirAnonymous
    You did mess up slightly be sending them to Supa. He's known for gambits. You should have sent them to someone who never does gambits. It would have been harder to write them off if you'd done that. You messed up majorly by not claiming caroler. You would have had the wool pulled over our eyes completely had you done that.
    I was initially very scared of having no justification, so I didn't claim caroler. I regretted it after though, and you're right that I should've

• SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @Speedrace
    SupaDudz literally handed you a justification on a platter around page 7 of DP3.

• Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    At one point I messaged Luke and asked him if he was a good singer xD
  • Singularity
    Singularity avatar
    Debates: 11
    Forum posts: 1,019
    Singularity avatar
    Singularity
    Reading g grey's message I had the same thoughts as drafter. He shouldn't have had to explain it further though. You see where your scum piles overlap and act in accordance
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    Also, the reason there was no thematic cut between town and scum was, frankly, because I couldn't think of one. I had some ideas but none of them really held up so I just abandoned the idea altogether.

• Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @SirAnonymous
    SupaDudz literally handed you a justification on a platter around page 7 of DP3
    I'll be less paranoid next time! I probably could've gotten away without anyone asking for the justification anyway tho

Oh and the other thing was that I didn't want anyone to wonder why I wasn't dying