What Is The Opposite To Love?

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 27
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
At face value, most people would answer "hate".

But if one were to apply a bit more thought, the correct answer would be "indifference".

It stands to reason when we talk about relationships for example. A couple can love and hate each other at different times or even at the same.
But what would be far worse?
Indifference. There is no feeling worse than being hated than not even being recognised.

I bring this up after reading a post (# 94) in the topic "Why Do Christians Hate Gays?"
The respondent finally came up with the following comment after contriving any number of euphemisms to play down the simple fact that he outrightly hates homosexuals: "We certainly don't recognize a union between two members of the same sex as a marriage.

Surely, isn't that the pinnacle of arrogance and ignorance and worse than hatred?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Surely, isn't that the pinnacle of arrogance and ignorance and worse than hatred?
If you're a loony sjw progressive liberal snowflake, then yes.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
If I truly was indifferent towards the issue, I wouldn't have an opinion on it.

I certainly don't hate people who engage in sodomy. That is a baseless accusation.

Throughout all of history and in every part of the world marriahe has always been recognized as a union between a man and a woman. It doesn't even make sense for same sex couples to marry.

The fact of the matter is, people who think they are homosexual are deceived. There is no such thing as an innate homosexual. It is a mental illness. Me saying that in no way condones the mistreatment of the mentally ill.
Mopac
Mopac
Homosexuality in itself is a symptom of idolatry.

That is, to show preference to one's desires and passions over Truth and Love.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5

I like many others in this forum do not necessarily agree with the views of others but do you really think it necessary to make demeaning personal attacks instead of participating in intelligent discussion.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Ah! There is our sjw. Do you think calling people unintelligent, arrogant, hateful and ignorant is intelligent discussion?

Your every post is insulting to Christians, even to the point of you saying it was right that Christians were persecuted throughout history.

And you want to cry crocodile tears now about demeaning personal attacks? Lol.

I know you liberals tend not to see the insults you give, and perceive every disagreement as insulting to you.

Tell me, which is more insulting, to be the pinnacle of arrogance and ignorance and worse than hateful,  or to be a loony sjw progressive liberal snowflake?

You asked a question, I answered you. I did not insult you. I did not call you a loony sjw progressive liberal snowflake.

In response to your question, I said if a person thought religious views were the pinnacle of arrogance and ignorance and worse than hatred, then they are most likely a loony sjw progressive liberal snowflake.

How is that an insult to you? How is what you said not an insult to another?

You may be clueless, or just trying to grease the mods, but the smarmy moral high horse stance will not fly here.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
"Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house."

Excellent advice to be taking when one considers religion and in particular, Christianity which has an abysmal history of human rights violations. Its very foundation is based on hearsay myths and threatens its followers with morbid, fearful untruths about after life.

In fact it would be more apt in the case of Christians not to throw stones when you live in a house (or mud hut) with absolutely no walls at a rock solid fortress.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I guess the smarmy moral high horse is all you've got. It still won't fly here.

Your idea of intelligent discussion lacks intelligence. Carry on, your compulsive need to attack Christianity probably slows you from going completely bonkers.

Bitterness is like emotional cancer. It'll eat you up from the inside without you knowing.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Do you feel it appropriate then that theists should be allowed to attack the intelligence of others by preaching utter lies, doom and gloom, hatred and morbid fear?
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Salixes
If one feels threatened by this alleged attack on their intelligence, how intelligent are they?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
This guy has too much likeness to Willows, same repetitious topics, nonstop posting and same lingo. He's trying to cover it up by toning down his insults. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
12 topics in a week, the compulsive behavior is obvious...
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
It is Willows Etrnl. Good catch. And he's made 12 threads in 3 days. Far more than he can post to.

He is still suffering from an antichristian  posting  compulsion. But the way he bad mouthed Dart, swearing he'd never return, I'm surprised to see him here.

...the compulsive behavior is obvious...
To everyone but him. But I suspect he knows he has a compulsion.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Do you feel it appropriate then that theists should be allowed to attack the intelligence of others by preaching utter lies, doom and gloom, hatred and morbid fear?
Would you like me to predict your future on Dart?

I did it once before, you didn't listen but I was right. Would you like to know the name of the road you're currently travelling?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
Oh well I guess Hari wasn't keepin him busy enough, this place is going down hill again, was hoping to get more intelligent users and topics but that's too much to ask lol. Have fun I'll join back in when the quality raises. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ronjs
If one feels threatened by this alleged attack on their intelligence, how intelligent are they?
Good point.

On DDO, he's basically been posting to himself. He has dozens and dozens of zero-reply threads, but, being bitter and compulsive, he just keeps spamming them.

I've known him for 6+ years, he's like disgusted (bulproof) and hari, nothing gets past his obtuse barrier.

He lost the ability to control his compulsive posting years ago. Now he just posts basically the same "Christians Bad" clunker over and over with slightly revised titles.

He is incredibly caustic and bitter, openly advocating that religious people, especially Christians, be locked up or killed.

He's also racist, and the only theists he will tolerate are racist ones, as he did with hari. I feel bad about his illness but if he won't do something about it, there is nothing can do. I've pleaded with him over the years to seek help, but he's far too eaten up by irrational bitterness to listen.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
Have fun I'll join back in when the quality raises. 
He can't control his compulsion to post bitter spam so you may not be gone long.

Take care.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@EtrnlVw
Cite one "insult" that is not valid, justified or factual.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
"He is incredibly caustic and bitter, openly advocating that religious people, especially Christians, be locked up or killed."

Do you really think it appropriate, let alone morally just to make up such a fabrication?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
If atheist governments didn't kill dozens of millions of Christians in the last century simply for being so while spouting the type of rhetoric you do, you might not give that impression.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I can quote and site your racist comments if your bitter comment here about it being right for Christians to have been persecuted is not enough for you.

Did you think because there are Mods here, your racist behavior in other places would be excused? Not with Ethan Sal.

Everyone reaps what they sow.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I'm working on a insult.
Getting Christians to say that non Christians dead parents are currently burning in hell. 
Christians will all agree. 
I find this offensive.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Christians will all agree.
This Christian doesn't agree.

I find this offensive.
And I find lying offensive.

But I bet you won't stop lying for me.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
I'll find a way to word it . 
I will have the Christians, apart from you saying that people, the non-believers when they die go to hell and burn for eternity.
Then i will put in complaints stating that said person said that my dead mommy and daddy are currently being tortured real real BAD like. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I'll find a way to word it . 
How do you reword a lie? Does a re-worded lie become the truth?

It isn't my place to tell you how to behave deb, but have you considered simply not lying?

And after you've gotten the hang of that, giving actual telling of the truth a try?

Just saying. You'll be safe because other than Christians, there aren't any groups of truth tellers. None that sing anyway.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
If atheist governments didn't kill dozens of millions of Christians in the last century simply for being so while spouting the type of rhetoric you do, you might not give that impression.
The operative word here is "if".

Perhaps you may like to draw upon a modicum of intestinal fortitude and actually say something backed up with reason and facts.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
It isn't an "if", it is a historical reality that governments like The Soviet Union waged war on the church and killed dozens of millions for practicing religion. Not to mention the cruel tortures and twisted experimentation.

To this day, China itself is waging war against religion, putting who knows how many into "reeducation camps". The peoplw that manage to escape(teachers in these camps even!) testify of how barbaric conditions are.